Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dorm 1: What's the Matter?

Go down

Dorm 1: What's the Matter? Empty Dorm 1: What's the Matter?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 am

Over the summer many things had happened to the third year, some of those things were out of his control and he didn't like that one bit. He was one of those people that liked when he had control of things and was able to have things go his way. Many years in orphanages had made him this way since he had had no control back then. He knew he couldn't control everything but it was worth a shot and he tried to anyways. Over the summer, towards the beginning, his sister Guenevere had left the nest and that left Riley with a weird feeling in his tummy. He felt the need to lock down the people in his life to make sure they would never leave him. He had went to David's house a couple of times after that and enjoyed his company. They only lived a few blocks away from each other and they could walk to each others' houses. Towards the middle of the summer, Riley's best friend, Bo, had visited him and that was one of the highlights of his summer.

Now they were back in school and a few weeks into the new year. Riley was back to his studying ways and hardly ever looked up from his text books. But today was different for some reason that he couldn't place his finger on. But as soon as his roommate entered the room, he set his book down to see what was going to happen from there. Things just seemed off and he was sure he'd find out why soon.

Back to top Go down

Dorm 1: What's the Matter? Empty Re: Dorm 1: What's the Matter?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:39 am

Beauregard hadn't stopped thinking about family since last Christmas. The gift his parents had gotten him was by far too generous and for once Bo was starting to think he could count on them. He told himself he was never going to find his birth parents and that was okay, but it still bothered him that he didn't even know the names of the people who had brought him into this world. All he had as remembrance of them was Aisha, the stuffed animal elephant he had carried with him throughout every orphanage, every boy's home and every adoption. He had sent a letter near the end of last school year to the adoption agency asking if they could maybe dig up some information on his parents. They said they'd try and sure enough, they did and succeeded.

Now, staring at the letter that contained photographs and information, Beauregard almost wished he hadn't asked. He felt sick to his stomach and a knot formed in his throat. He didn't want to believe the words written, but they made such horrible sense.

The boy returned to his dorm in hopes of being alone. He knew he was dangerously close to crying and didn't know how much longer he could hold it in. He made it to the room and closed the door before the ugly crying began. Riley was in the room and looked up from his studying as he had entered. Beauregard no longer cared. He went straight to his bed and curled up on it, wrapping his long arms around Aisha and pressing his face into the stuffed animal's fur as he cried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Things were not looking good at all. Once his friend entered the room, he began to cry and went over to his bed. Riley wanted to ask what was wrong but he didn't think it was his place to ask. But then again, he could help his friend by talking things out with him. The last chose was way better than just ignoring him, that would be very rude and Riley would never do anything like that when it was obvious he should help. He set his book down, marked his page, and went over to where Bo was curled up. He stood there awkwardly for a moment. Should he sit? Or stand? Or lay with him? He chose to sit on the edge of the bed with his body facing his friend. "Bo?" he asked quietly.

It was quiet and he wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do or what he should do. Should he keep trying to get a reaction from him? Or just sit there? Maybe he should stop thinking and just do something. He moved closer to his friend and laid beside him, he body facing his. If Bo was looking at him then they would have been looking into each other's eyes but instead Riley was looking at the top of his friend's head. He put his hand over his friend's and then wrapped his arm around his neck and moved so that Beauregard's head was on his torso. He hadn't tried to move him towards him since he had no upper body strength at all. "Sleep, my babe, no ill betide thee all through the night," he whispered a lullaby he remembered his mother singing. It was such a long time ago but he could remember the song, and her voice, like he had heard it every night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 am

Beauregard hated crying in front of people. He felt so pathetic doing so, but once the tears started falling, he couldn't stop. He couldn't find his voice to explain what the problem was to Riley, despite the boy not asking, so instead he rested on his bed and hoped Riley would just ignore him.

A jolt went through the boy's body as he felt the weight shift on the bed. He knew Riley took a seat and turned to face the boy, wondering what he was thinking. He must've looked like such a fool to him. He heard him say his name with concern and hesitance, but Bo was unable to answer. Suddenly Riley reclined next to him and Bo was staring right into the boy's deep brown eyes but only for a moment and Riley then next embraced him. Bo pressed his face into fabric of Riley's clothing, burying it so Riley wouldn't see him cry more. The crying got harder once Riley started to sing to him. He knew Riley was only trying to soothe his pains, but the song made him feel so sad inside.

Once the song was done, there was silence. Bo found that he could no longer cry, as if he was run dry, but instead was left feeling horrible and with a running nose. He breathed heavily as he calmed himself enough to speak. "They died," he finally uttered. "My parents died, that's why I was put up for adoption." Perhaps he ought to feel relief that they hadn't found him too cumbersome that they chose to give him up or simply did not love him. But instead this new knowledge wrecked a dream he had for years while he went from boy's home to boy's home. "There's no point in going to Palestine now. I'm never going to meet them and they're never going to take me back because they are gone," he sniffed and rested his cheek against Riley's chest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 pm

He didn't have to ask what was wrong with his friend because the whole story spilled out like water spilling from an overflowing bucket. He had no clue what to say or if he should say anything at all. If he said the wrong things, he'd have an even more upset, even angry, Bo. He didn't want that at all. So he kept quiet and ran his hand through his friend's hair. It was soft and bit tangled. "Oops," he mumbled as he pulled out a knot. "Sorry." There was a bit of a height difference between the two and with Bo's head on his chest, he kind of felt like the taller one.

After a moment, Riley decided it would be best to say something. "I'm sorry," he said softly. What was he supposed to say? "I'm not good with words." He was good at homework and spells. But feels were something totally different. "I'm truly sorry that life had dealt you a bad card." What would things be like without the bad cards? Would they still know each other? Or would they be strangers? "It sucks that bad things happen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:24 pm

There was silence after Bo had told the story of what happened. He didn't mind it, though. it was sort of a lot to drop on his friend at once so he assumed he was taking his time to process the information. Instead, Riley played with his hair, which was strangely soothing to him. He closed his eyes, enjoying the way his follicles tingled with each touch. He jolted as Riley's hand got caught on a tangle in his hair and he pulled through. It didn't hurt but then again, it didn't feel pleasant either.

He accepted Riley's apology with silence and by settling back down on his friend's chest and remained quiet as Riley apologized for the shitty lot he was given by life. Beauregard sighed, heavily. He might have been done with crying at that point but an air of melancholy lingered around the boy. "it's okay. You know it too," he replied, his body pressed close to Riley's. "You lost your mother when you were young. Of course your case was a bit different. You were old enough to get to know her before she passed, which is a lot harder." He supposed that's why he was so fond of Riley. The boy knew how it felt to be adopted and now they shared the loss of a parent. "I don't remember my parents dying. I never got to know them. My heart aches because I held this dream of one day meeting them for many years and now it's gone and now..." He broke off. "Now I don't know what to dream about."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Riley let out a soft sigh as he thought about his mother. Things had not been easy for him when she had passed. Sometimes he'd wake up and still think she was there and that he was three again. But that was ten years ago and he wasn't three anymore. He was thirteen, a teenager. Yet falling asleep with a teddy bear was very appealing to the boy. "You never truly know how someone feels," he let out another sigh. "You may have the same feelings but you feel it in a different way." If Bo had been in his shoes, he would deal with things differently because they were two different people. "It is sad, it is hard. But that's how it is." It upset him when he thought of his mother but he couldn't hide from the truth. She was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. His hand found his friend's hair again but this time he was much more careful. "If you were put in my shoes and I in yours, we'd react differently because we are two different people." Both were taken away from the chance of ever having a future with their parents

"The thing about dreams is that you get to make new ones." He had heard that line from a story once and it was a great quote. "It may be confusing now but I'm sure you'll be finding a new dream soon enough."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:57 am

"We might handle things in different ways, but your experiences allow you to understand vaguely what I am going through. You are my best friend, Riley. There is no another person in this school that I feel that way about," Beauregard noted, before raising from Riley's chest and sat up in bed. He had been crying so much, he could no longer cry. He wrapped his long arms around his knees, pressed to his chest as he sat there for a moment. "I know there is no use in crying about it. Crying will change nothing. But I can't help but feel-" He broke off, his voice cracking. "I just need a moment." He rested his cheek against his knee and sat there in silence for a moment. There was a lot he had to process.

"I've wanted to meet my family for so long. Now that I know that's not possible, I don't know what else I could possibly want from life. What do I dream about?" He wanted to be told the answer for once, not to have to work for it. That was always so exhausting. He sighed heavily. "I have pictures of them. Do you want to see?" He shifted on his bed to pick up the envelope he had dropped onto his nightstand and pulled out the family picture he was sent along with the letter explaining what had become of them. "That's me as a baby. There's mom. dad. And look! I had older brothers!" They were gone too, as far as the records show. They were never found. Bo sighed heavily. How different his life would've been if he had grown up with this family. He wondered what they were like. How his parents had met. If his older brothers would be the crafty kind who showed him how to ride a bike, or would be the mischievous type that would dress him up as a girl for laughs. Tears were falling again and Bo wiped them away with the back of his sleeve. He wondered if he would've ever met Riley if his family hadn't been killed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Bo's words made a smile form on Riley's lips. He had spent much time thinking that he could never be anything to someone because he was never really given a chance. But now that he was adopted, he was the brother of someone, the soon of someone, and the best friend of someone. He was something. "Crying makes you feel better," he said softly. When emotions got too real, it was always nice to let it out and just cry. Riley had done that many times when it came down to it.

Riley wrapped his arms around his tall friend and put his chin on his shoulder. "It might take some time to figure out what you want to dream about." He let go of his friend so that he could grab the picture. "You're so cute," Riley gushed. Riley placed a kiss on his friend's cheek after he wiped his cheeks of tears. "I'm glad that you have a picture of them,." He grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Beauregard breathed slow long breaths to ease him. He appreciated Riley telling him it was okay to cry, but he certainly didn't feel better after doing so. Now his nose was plugged and his eyes burned and he felt a dull headache coming on. However, he didn't argue and nor did he protest when Riley moved behind him and wrapped his arms around him. Beauregard closed his eyes, soaking in the other boy's presence. It was comforting and their cheeks brushed each other when Riley put his head on his shoulder. He just nodded when Riley told him it'd take time to think of a new dream. He wasn't sure if he believed him, but he was too tired to talk about it further.

He felt the cold as he moved from Riley's embrace to get the photo and as he returned to his sitting position on the bed, he made sure to be close enough in hopes Riley would resume hugging him. Fortunately, he did, as he held up the picture for Riley to see.

Bo couldn't help but let a small smile slip as Riley told him he looked cute in the picture. "Yeah, what happened?" Beauregard replied, attempting at a joke. He fell silent as suddenly Riley was moving closer to him until his lips graced his cheek gently, and then it was over. Bo's skin tingled where it had come into contact with Riley's lips and his heart felt a flutter. He was confused about how he felt about the kiss but felt it would be odd of him to make a big deal about it. So he passed it off as just something unexpected that happened and abandoned all further thinking into it. "Me too," he finally answered, quietly, as he slipped the photograph into his journal and placed it back on the nightstand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Sometimes people are given choices and sometimes they don't. Neither Bo or him had the choice to meet their families. It was disappointing that they'd never know their families and they had no choice in the matter. Riley's father had made it very clear that he no longer wanted his children and that was out of the third year's hands. He had his new family and Bo had his. It would never make up for the feeling of belonging to people that were truly related to you but it was the closest to that feeling that the young boys could get. And Riley was okay with that. He just hoped his friend was too. "Sometimes I wonder what my dad was thinking," the thirteen year old admitted followed by a long sigh.

It was so easy to give up. But it takes real strength to stick to something and do it. How easy was it for his father to just walk away? He had to have been heartbroken because of their mother but that didn't make up for what did to him. Or his brother. Now he might never know his brother. "I wonder why it was so easy for him to leave and why he left. No letters explaining anything, no birthday cards. Nothing."

Now it was his turn to cry but he tried his hardest not to. "You started the crying," he chuckled before wiping a tear that was making its way down his cheek. "I blame you," he joked. He got up from his friend's bed and went over to his own. He liefted his pillow and picked up the photograph of his mother, himself, and his father. "Too bad I never got a baby picture of my little brother." He moved back over to his spot on Bo's bed and handed the picture to him. After a moment of silence as his friend looked over the picture, Riley threw his arms around his friend and more tears fell from his eyes. "I've been holding it in for so long," he sobbed into the taller boy's shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Beauregard remained quiet as Riley spoke. He understood the worries troubling Riley's mind for they were the same questions Bo had mulled over time after time each lonely night at the various boy's homes he had been in and even for years after he was adopted by the St. Holmes. It wasn't until now that he knew the answer that he had stopped wondering why his parents had given him up. They didn't have a choice. They had died. But Riley's father hadn't. The man blatantly made the decision to abandon both of his sons and out of shame, most likely, never bothered to explain himself. That, or the man had all but forgotten about his folly.

Riley was crying now and Bo reached out with his long slender arms to accept Riley into an embrace but the boy rose from the bed and walked to his own. "Sorry," he apologized, missing out on the joke and instead feeling it was his own fault. Bo's deep brown eyes followed Riley's movements, dropping his arms limply and feeling a hint of betrayal that his friend might want to be away from him for a bit, but Bo was wrong as Riley soon returned to the bed.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Bo voiced softly as he eyed the picture of a very young Riley with his mother and father. "Your mother was a beautiful woman. I see where you got your looks from," Bo noted. Riley resemble his mother, but thus genetics dictate. He felt a jolt go down his spine as Riley's crying got harder and he threw his arms around his neck, crying with his face pressed against Bo's bony shoulder. Bo paused a moment before gently encasing Riley in an embrace in return. One hand snaked up and rested on the back of Riley's neck, where Bo's fingers twisted around the curls of Riley's hair. "It's okay," He whispered softly and allowed for Riley to let it out just as he had done for him moments before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

"My brother is the reason my mom died," he said softly. He had no hard feelongs towards the boy he didn't know. It wasn't his fault at all. He did have hard feelings over his so called dad abandoning then when they needed him most. "I wish I didn't look like my dad." Even though he looked a lot like his mother, he had a few of his father's traits. He liked to think he had his mom's smile.

Crying made the boy feel better, it felt like pressure was being lifted with each tear that rolled down his face. He had never been so honest about all of his problems before and it made him feel vulnerable. It felt nice to be so close to someone both physically and emotionally, it felt nice to be embraced. "Im glad we're friends, I really do." If he hadn't met Bo he would probably be a loner that didn't talk to anyone. He had his friend to talk to. "It's nice to have someone that knows, you know? It's like we've walking in the same shoes."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down