Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Long Time No See Part 1

Go down

Long Time No See Part 1 Empty Long Time No See Part 1

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Throughout the school year Riley had been sending letters back and forth with his childhood friend, David. He was ready to see him in person and was ready to ask permission to meet him. He had brought up the subject with Tessa Ainsworth, his adoptive mother. She was hesitant about the idea and tried to tell him it wasn't such a good idea. What if it isn't who you think it is? What if you're disappointed when you meet him? Riley, this just isn't a good idea. You're only twelve. He tried not to let his hurt feelings show but he was so upset. So what if he was only twelve? She could come along too. He tried to reason with her and tell her not to worry and just let him go. But instead she insisted on speaking to David and his parents. They had never talked on the phone before even though David had given him his number. There was something about writing letters that was much more personal to the second year than a phone call. In all honesty, he wanted to hear his voice in person. He wondered what he did sound like. Maybe he had a think accent or his voice was like creamy chocolate. The young boy let out a sigh and went to his room to fetch the leter that held David's phone number.

Tessa put the phone on speaker so her son could hear the other end. After several rings, a woman picked up the phone. Hello?

"Hello, my name is Tessa Ainsworth. Our sons have been writing letters back and forth?" The last bit came out in more of a question than a statement.

Oh, yes. I'm Kellie, David's mother. He's told me a lot about your son. He said he wants him to visit soon.

As they talked Riley grinned brightly. He talked about him? That was great. He felt so special. He listened as they talked about where to meet and they realized that they didn't live far from each other at all. It was in walking distance too! He never knew that he lived so close by. A meeting was scheduled for the next day and Riley found it hard to sleep that night.

The next day began as any old day would. He ate cereal with just the right amount of milk and then went back to his room to change into today's outfit. He had spent a lot of time deciding on what to wear and whether or not he should wear his glasses. Why was he freaking out so much? Oh yeah, he was meeting his childhood friend who he hadn't seen in years! He quickly got dressed in his t-shirt and jeans then sat down to put on his shoes. He grinned brightly when his name was called from somewhere below him. He snatched up his coat and hurried down the stairs. Today was going to be so perfect, he just knew it.

They were travelling by foot since it was so close by, only three blocks away. He would be able to see him every summer and winter breaks. He walked with a pep in his step until he got to their front door. Then he froze in fear and asked Tessa to knock for him. She did, three times. The wait was quiet until the door opened up.

Back to top Go down