Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts

Go down

Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts Empty Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Charlie yawned as she set to work on assembling the laptop her mother had sent in the mail. First came a computer tower which she learned to fix herself (turned out the library did not have a muggle guide to PC maintenance), and now she had a laptop to 'humpty-dumpty' as she called it. It was much simpler than the tower because it was just a computer tower on a smaller scale, but currently she was taking a break. Philip wasn't in his dorm yet, but without much needed convincing she got him to make her a key to it. She liked the quiet of Montagnard compared to the hustle and bustle of Cerisier, and she got to spend all the time she wanted with Philip as long as it was before eight thirty.

The only real problem was that his mother disapproved of their friendship and would probably kill Charlie if she knew that she was Philip's best friend. Charlie didn't care that much though. That was part of the fun of being Philip's closest friend-getting insulted in letters. She gently set her screwdriver in her ear and rested back against Philip's pillows as the door opened. She grinned "Hey."

Back to top Go down

Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts Empty Re: Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Philip had disappeared with a book out to the grounds, it was something he did a lot. It was a good place to think, not that he had much to think about. Except for letter after letter from his mother discussing how much she hates Charlie. Sometimes the insults were amusing and sometimes they hurt, Charlie didn't seem to mind them, but he felt hurt for her. He didn't like the fact that his mother insulted his closest friend. But then again, that's how she always was. He sighed softly and headed back up to his dorm. Philip opened the door and it looked like a Best Buy threw up on his bed. Which only meant one thing. Charlie. He headed further into the room. "Comfy?" He chuckled and nodded his hello.

Last edited by Philip Bracknell on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts Empty Re: Dorm #2: A Mess of Limbs and PC Parts

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:56 pm

"Very." She nodded and patted the spot next to her. She kind of wanted to rest her head on him because that's what Philip are good for she'd learned, cuddling. She smiled broadly and put the sticks of SO-DIMM RAM on the counter with a stretch. "I was beginning to wonder where you were. I was getting a little lonely." She laughed softly. "How are you?" She asked him softly. Philip was wonderful. He was the best friend she could ever even hope to ask for. She smiled up at him. She literally could not even imagine what it would be like not to be Philip's best friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:14 pm

He chuckled and plopped down next to her once everything was cleared off. "And what's all this stuff?" He asked curiously. Philip recognized that everything had to do with computers, he just didn't know the specifics of everything. Merlin, Charlie was so smart. She would probably finish top of the class. Though, they were only first years, but it was true. She would be able to pull it off. He'd probably finish in dead last. He wished he was as smart as her. "I was out on the grounds reading. I'm fine. My mom sent another letter." He shrugged. "How are you?" He asked with a gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm

"Laptop parts." She smiled brightly at him and rested against him. That was another nice thing about Philip. He was strong and comfy to rest on. She snuggled her face right into his arm with an "Mmm" of maximum comfort related approval. She sighed softly. "Did she insult me a lot this time?" She asked quietly as she stared up at his ceiling. "I'm alright. Tired, I've been working on a few things. I was using the the parted laptop to clear the mental blockage. I'm better now though. I suppose I just needed someone to talk to." She shrugged and let her mind begin to race off to the worlds she created for herself. The worlds that were much more interesting than her own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Philip smiled back and wrapped an arm around her. He chuckled at her little 'Mmm.' "Just the usual insults this time. She hasn't gotten that creative yet. She mentioned you twice in almost every paragraph. Short letter this time." He held her closer. "I'm sorry my mother is horrendous." Philip apologized softly. "Mental blockage? Tired? Are you sure you're getting enough rest? Is something bothering you?" He asked worriedly. She hadn't responded right away, so he figured she was off daydreaming again. He was used to that a lot. Philip played with her hand gently, drawing circles on the back of her hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Charlie smiled and was semi-conscious of Philip speaking to her. She readjusted and moved her head to his chest. "Yes, yes, no, and no. I'm just replacing nap time with studying." She yawned, burying her face into his body. "You-You're going to make me f-fall asleep if you keep stroking my hand like..that.." She yawned and closed her eyes letting an arm go around Philip's stomach and letting sleep take her body over. She was dreaming about being a muggle and working for a billionaire and basically living a perfectly wonderful life. Her hold tightened on Philip and she mumbled a lot of gibberish in her sleep and occasionally Philip's name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Philip chuckled and wrapped an arm around her, holding her close. "You need your sleep, Charlie. Plus, you're brilliant, you can take a break from studying every once in a while." He kissed into her hair. He smiled, continuing to stroke her hand. He held her gently and close while she drifted off to sleep. She needed her sleep, he decided. He closed his eyes, not falling asleep just yet. Philip smiled and flushed at the sound of his name. He rested his head against hers and slowly drifted off to sleep, curled up comfortably with his best friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down