Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This

Go down

Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This Empty Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This

Post by Isobel Green Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Isobel had come to Sophie's dorm mostly to vent. She needed a nice place to pace around and someone who would either listen or completely ignore her. And Sophie was that person. If she needed advice, she'd go to Cameron, but Cameron would probably not want to listen to Isobel complain about his sister. And she was mad at him anyway.

"I can't believe she'd start a rumor like that! What gives her the right? Oh right. NOTHING! She acts like she knows me when she knows absolutely nothing about me!" Isobel said angrily.

She was fed up with this dumb Muggleborn rumor. People were relentless with the teasing. Isobel mostly went around ignoring the jerks, but it bothered her. People were teasing her about the truth.

And she had waltzed up to Kayla and blamed it on her. And the girl didn't even try to deny it! She just made it so easy for Isobel to turn it around on her.

And Kayla didn't even care that she basically trashed the entire Green family's reputation. If people actually found out that Kayla was telling the truth, her life was practically over. Especially since Isobel hadn't even told her adoptive family that she was a Muggleborn. Would they kick her out of the house?

And what would Ryan say? She wasn't supposed to care about him anymore but old habits die hard.

"I don't know why she thinks it's okay to pick on me," Isobel said. "And it doesn't exactly help that we're evenly matched at just about everything. Purebloods, Quidditch Captains, Seekers, same popularity status, Pretty much the same amount of beauty. The only difference is age. I can't even write this stuff off as jealous because she has nothing to be jealous of!" Isobel said crossing her arms. She looked over at Sophie. "What's new with you?" she asked after a moment. She actually kind of cared. She needed a distraction.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This Empty Re: Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Quite literally, Sophie's whole summer had been one hundred percent chess. It was chess tournament after tournament, with only practicing in between. She had to make up for the time she wasted sitting in school, after all. It paid off. She went home with a big fat trophy and a boost in rating. She caught one reporter dubbing her the "budding wizard version of Judit Polgar", which gave her a huge ego boost.

It also made her care significantly less about school. Her family was wealthy and she was nearly a Grandmaster. School definitely paled in comparison to chess tournaments. The lack of interest showed in her grades, but Sophie couldn't care less.

She did actually listen to Isobel's ranting. One year ago, she would've been completely tickled pink. Now it was almost kind of expected. She did like juicy trashing on Kayla. "Kayla is such a bitch acting all high and mighty. She has no right to judge you," Sophie agreed.

"God, school is such a drag. I'd rather be playing tournaments right now. Or pretty much anything else," Sophie yawned, twirling her hair and examining a nail. "My parents are so on my case, acting like I'm doomed without school."

Back to top Go down

Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This Empty Re: Dorm #1: She Cannot Get Away With This

Post by Isobel Green Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Isobel smiled a tiny bit. Sophie agreeing made her feel a little better. It helped Isobel feel like she wasn't in the wrong. The least Isobel could do was listen to Sophie's problems. She sat down on the floor. She was sick of pacing.

"Second year material is a little boring. But it might be familiar. You helped me study last year, remember?" Isobel tried to reassure. But maybe that was why Sophie was bored of it. "Don't you need high marks to be a healer, though? At least in Potions and Herbology?" she asked. That was what Sophie wanted to be, right?
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Sophie was glad to see Isobel smile. She'd been a bitch to some of her friends lately and wanted to hold on to the ones she had. She did really feel sorry for Isobel having to endure rumors, they really did hurt. Sophie often put up a smile to fend them off but people didn't deserve it. Not Isobel at least.

She tried to smile a little. "You did most of the work. I honestly had zero clue what I was writing ninety-nine percent of the time." She giggled softly and shrugged. "I get that we have to go through school so we don't, like, end up delinquents. I just don't get the point of stuff like history of magic. I'm writing all these huge thousand page essays for nothing." Completely useless. She was still amazed she got an outstanding on the exam the year before, thanks to the person in front lending their answers to her.

"I don't even know. The future is so far away. I just have to survive school." Sophie sighed and let her shoulders deflate. That seemed harder as she got closer to graduating. "Ran into some ickle first years. They positively demanded I showed them the way. I told them to be more respectful and they had a breakdown. They seem like an interesting bunch," she rolled her eyes. She wanted to divert the topic away from school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Isobel understood Sophie's view on History of Magic and the other classes she didn't specifically mention. Essays, while she had gotten better at writing them, still seemed to have little education value.

Isobel sighed. The future wasn't looking so bright for her. At least Sophie had an idea of what she wanted to do. And her friend was considerably smarter than her. Book smart wise, anyway. Isobel knew that she couldn't be a prodigy at anything, She was good at some stuff, but not really the best at anything.

"I met a few ickles. There are these two over excited kids. A boy and a girl. Then there is this girl that is going to be massive trouble. She was nice to me at first, but I caught her yelling at the two other kids for no good reason. Dru. She's in our house. You might have seen her around."
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down