Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Make Good Art

Go down

Make Good Art Empty Make Good Art

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Fane had always been more of a drawer than a note taker and had a habit of drawing on his arms whenever he got bored. He never considered himself much of an artist, but liked the shapes and characters he could manage forming with drawn lines and therefore continued to do it.

He had found some paints during his shopping before school started in Pandora's box that changed colors and decided to take advantage of them. He figured they were too grand to waste on small sheets of parchment and wanted to make a masterpiece that was truly as master in size. In order to do that, he needed something flat and spanning wide to work on. He figured the walls of the courtyard would do and because it was art it wasn't vandalism, right? He supposed he'd lay off the profane pictures and stick to creating dragons in his color changing paints.

The younger cerisier set up, opening up the tube of paint and dumping it into a bucket and then pulled out the paintbrush he had stolen from the Art and Music Club. "They won't miss it," He told himself with great apathy and then dipped his brush in and began. He whistled a tune from his favorite band as he worked on the murial, trying his best to recreate a Hungarian horntail on the wall. "Too bad I can't make it move as well." That required a potion he hadn't the time or patience to create but figured his painting would be just as well.

Back to top Go down

Make Good Art Empty Re: Make Good Art

Post by Harley Fenwick Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Harley watched closely as the wizard intricately painted the scales of the dragon, which glittered in the glimmering sunlight. She overheard how he wished he could make his picture move and smiled. She pulled out a small leather case from her satchel and slowly unwrapped it, hearing the small glass tubes inside clink against each other. The witch carefully slid out a vial containing a milky coloured liquid and walked over to the artist. She had been reading about different potions and snuck into the classroom after hours to practice them. Developing solutions to time and dedication, but they were simple once she had gotten it down.

"Here, you need a Developing Solution right? It should make your painting move, which looks great by the way," she added. He gave her a slightly disbelieving look at the fact that she could create a potion, much less a fully-functional Developing Potion, and she couldn't blame him. She was a little too young to be working on such complex potions, but she read, a lot. "It works. Trust me, I'm no Rembrandt, but I've tested it on my drawings and it works."
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 am

Though Fane suspecting obtaining an audience from other courtyard dwellers based on the fact that he was rebelling against norms by painting a wall, and no doubt people were eager to watch him get into trouble with the school's staff, he wasn't counting on anyone speaking up. At first, he thought the girl was going to scold him, which he was absolutely ready to pull out his wand with his paint-encrusted hand and silence her with a charm, but then he heard what she said.

"Aren't you like twelve?" He replied, though accepted the potion anyway. He hated smart kids. He was sixteen and couldn't make a potion like that if his life depended upon it. "This better work or else you've turned my masterpiece into a work of shit," he said, imagining the potion washing out the detailed scales of the dragon and making it look like an immense blob. That would so not be worth getting into trouble for. He figured it was worth a try anyway and dipped the stolen brush into the potion and began to brush it over his creation. As he worked along the painted dragon, it came to life. First a leg, then it's tail. It flapped it's immense wings and then suddenly blew painted fire across the wall. "Wicked," Fane noted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fenwick Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:12 pm

She scoffed. "Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can't do things. It's not exactly hard to steal supplies from the potions room. Everything else I can find in the library books. Plus, that was my last one, so use it well. Professor Belyakov is starting to realize that he's missing a couple vials of powdered Kneazle hair, and it is not cheap."

She watched as he dusted the paint brush across the brick walls with a fluidity she would never be able to achieve. Before she gave him the potion, it was magnificent with its fierce head and towering wings, but now it was absolutely stunning. The dragon would growl and shake its long tail across the wall before flapping its wings. She let out a long whistle, "Totally."
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Fane twisted the gage in his ear and huffed at the girl's response. Usually Fane liked smart people, for they often helped him with his homework by spook feeding him the answers. However, when they were younger, he found bright students to be an insult to his ego. "Imagine that. A girl only a few years older than my kid siblings and she's making potions better than I ever will be able to," Fane grumbled, mostly to himself. But then again, maybe he too would be able to create an adequate developing potion if he actually attended class

He clucked his tongue in amazement at his own work come to life. "I should get a tattoo like that," he noted, and ran a hand through his dark hair. "What do you wanna see me paint next?" He asked of the girl, intending to use the small remainder of developing potion on his wall art and figuring the least he could do would be to paint a request of hers. Saying thank you wasn't exactly a trait of his, unless, of course, it involved kissing, but her age exempted her from receiving that sort of thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down