Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Part of Your World

Go down

Part of Your World Empty Part of Your World

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Persephone never imagined she would be in power of anything and certainly didn't think when she scrawled her name on a slip of paper and wrote down a few sentences explaining her love for the muggle world that she would end up as the leader of the club. "Wow, wow!" She kept saying to herself, as she set up the room for the first club meeting. Really, there wasn't much to do but empty out the packages she had been getting from her Papa weeks in advance full of muggle oddities they were to explain. "Imagine that! Persephone Grimm! King of Muggle Appreciation Club!" she said aloud to herself.

She dumped the contents of the boxes on the table and spread them out as people started to enter the classroom. "Hi! And welcome to the first MAC meeting with me in charge!" She said as enough people arrived. "For those of you who are unaware, I am Percy Grimm and I shall be your righteous leader!" She then pulled out a small box with a window in it. It was her friend Ellis' old vid-e-o game. She put it where she was sure all the other club members could see it. "Here's a muggle object! Now let's appreciate it! Anyone have any guesses of what it is called or what it does?"

Back to top Go down

Part of Your World Empty Re: Part of Your World

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Caleb was excited to begin this club, he would have to write his brother and talk about it. His brother was a muggle born into a wizarding family after all. Caleb had grown up around muggles and knew all about them. He did appreciate his brother, so that had to mean that he appreciated all muggles. Right? He had friends who were muggles and he appreciated them. So, he did appreciate muggles.

When he walked through the door of the club, the first thing he saw was video game. It was like what his brother had. But he was never allowed to touch it, only look at it. That's how his brother was with most of his belongings. Caleb wasn't allowed to touch a thing unless he was granted permission. Which wasn't a lot. "Oh! I know! Its a video game! My brother has one just like it!" He wanted one like his brother, but he was never given one. "I'm not allowed to touch his though. He thinks that I might break it." He had never once broken anything of Patrick's, that he could remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:45 pm

The video game didn't have any game cartridge in it, but it did turn on and make pretty noises and shine pretty colors when she flicked the switch on the side of it. She smiled as Caleb had guessed correctly and handed the muggle toy over, sympathetic to the boy who's brother wouldn't share with him. She imagined if she had any muggle siblings who had rad muggle stuff, she would want to play with it every now and then and would most certainly be upset if she wasn't allowed to.

"Correct!" She announced. "Do you want to explain it's function to the rest of the club?" Persephone asked, though was willing to do her best to explain if he didn't want to. However, she wasn't going to steal other people's thunder, especially when it inhibited a member's participation. She watched as the video game was passed around and held the next object in her hand, ready to introduce it when everyone else lost interest in the video game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:35 pm

When the video game was handed to Caleb, he studied it. So this is how it felt? To have the game in his hand. He had only begged Patrick a hundred times to play his game, it always was a no though. He wanted one of his own and he would have to beg his parents for one when he got home. Maybe as a present for passing his first year. If he passed. Which he was sure he would.

When he was asked to talk about the game, Caleb stood up. "It's like a tiny world in your hand, I suppose. It's a way to entertain yourself. You use the controls to play the game. And you buy different games to play for it." He was satisfied with his answer, so he then sat down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Persephone smiled and nodded. "Yes! Yes! Good!" She was actually a bit impressed with his explanation. She never thought of it that way that they showed you an entirely different world in which you dictated, but each world varied on the game you put in. She couldn't wait to tell Ellis that and tell him how useful his old stuff became in her muggle-loving club.

When the video game was finished being passed around, Percy accepted it back and returned it to the table. She then brought out the second item she wanted to talk about. It looked similar to the first in the aspect that it also was a box that had a screen, but this one had way more buttons than the video game did. This one she had got from Gwen, who said that this 'cell-phone' was way too outdated to be worth her time. And that it had an antenna, which was apparently very 'uncool' for this sort of thing. "Anyone know what this one is?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 am

Caleb laughed a little at the next device, it was so old. He had never actually saw an old cell phone like that in real life before. But he had seen pictures. It was defiantly outdated and no one used them anymore. He was pretty sure no one used them. Maybe old people did. "Its so old! My brother has one of those but it looks nothing like that. It doesn't have buttons or an antenna." He always wanted a cell phone, but never got one. He was told was wasn't old enough and was told he would get one when he was a teen. But that was too long of a wait, it was like forever for Caleb. "I'm getting one when I'm thirteen. Oh! Its called a cell phone." Maybe when he got his, he could show it to the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Persephone let out an enthusiastic 'oooooh' when Caleb described a phone that was without buttons or an antenna. Percy couldn't even imagine what that would look like. She giggled at the boy's enthusiasm to share stories. She was glad that the club had members like him who had personal relations to the muggle items she had to share. It made everything more interested.

"Cell phones allow two people who aren't in the same place to talk to each other, kind of like flu powder or those dual enchanted mirrors. You can also send letters much more quickly than an owl, though you can only send them to people who also have a cellphone," Persephone explained, trying to bring in things to relate from the wizard world, so that half-bloods and purebloods without the knowledge would be able to understand. 'Any questions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down