Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Fort William, Scotland: Twas the Night Before Christmas (Part II)

Go down

Fort William, Scotland: Twas the Night Before Christmas (Part II) Empty Fort William, Scotland: Twas the Night Before Christmas (Part II)

Post by Osmund Hollow Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 pm

The last thing Archibald Hollow had ever done for Osmund was to apparate him and his select belongings on to the house where he had started his brooding in. The slightly crooked, ivy covered in warmer weather grey house that stood high in a much more homier neighborhood than the spacious one his father lived in. Helena, when she had divorced his father and moved out with Osmund, had chosen a much simpler life, a much simpler house, and one that acknowledged muggles. All of which fueled Osmund's anger for the woman. He felt absolutely stupid and awful crawling back to her after he had run away, years ago.

His father placed down the box of vinyls he was carrying for Osmund on the stoop of the door and turned away with only a look for a goodbye and vanished with a crack into the cold night. Osmund paused, Pellinore, who was clutched beneath his arm, jumped free and ran about the yard he used to prowl all the time for wild mice. Osmund let him go free and then turned back to the door, hesitating before pressing a finger to the doorbell. He listened to the familiar ring chime and then waited. His breath showing in the brisk air. The door opened and there she was. Helena, with her dark hair put up, slightly tossled from work. Helena, with the hazel eyes she gave Oz. Helena, covered in dough from baking christmas cookies and still wearing a floured apron, caught right in her business. He couldn't read the look on her face, her eyes wide with surprise. Behind her, within the kind house, he could hear the voice of her muggle husband, Fergus, whom Oz hated merely because he was muggle and his daughter, whom Osmund had never swapped conversation with before. He felt incredibly like he was intruding on their perfect Christmas and wondered if there was any room for him anymore.

Neither of them spoke for a moment, Osmund's mouth frozen open without words to help it function. "I'm sorry," He finally managed, his voice cracking. It was the only thing he could think of saying for being such a problem child for Helena. He felt dumb and even more so when tears glided down his face. Helena stepped forward and wrapped him in an embrace and shushed him. "I'm...I'm so sorry," he cried. She stroked his hair and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Shh, it's alright. It's fine," She squeezed him tight. "You're so grown up. And...blonde!" she laughed and Osmund managed a chuckle between his tears. "Come on in! You look freezing!"
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Sagittarius Posts : 490

Back to top Go down