Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dorm #5: Not Just My Birthday

Go down

Dorm #5: Not Just My Birthday Empty Dorm #5: Not Just My Birthday

Post by Gregory Bell Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm

January ninth. Gregory's birthday.

He had already had his mini-party with Wolf and Cam. He was hanging out with Kayla tomorrow (she had a Quidditch thing). He purposely did not mention anything to Riley. Greg didn't know how Riley felt about the day. How cheerful could one be about the day of the death of their mother?

So he wasn't expecting Riley to come knocking on his door. "Uh...hi," Greg greeted, trying to sound normal. But in retrospect, sounding terribly awkward had always been Greg's thing. Maybe that was normal.

He opened the door wider so Riley could enter. "What's up?" he asked, still trying to act natural. "How's life?"
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Dorm #5: Not Just My Birthday Empty Re: Dorm #5: Not Just My Birthday

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Today marked the day his mother died and not only that, it marked his brother's birthday. He had never celebrated the day for two reasons, he never knew his brother until recently and he didn't like to be reminded that his mother was dead. He knew she was gone but he didn't like thinking about it. Though he was only a little boy and hardly had any memories of her, he believed his mother was one of the most perfect human beings. But she was gone and there was no getting her back.

This year he was going to tell his brother 'happy birthday' because he knew who he was and because it was the right thing to do. So there he was outside of Gregory's dorm. The fifth year knocked twice before the younger boy answered the door. "Hi," he said. He thought about going back and just leaving the younger boy there. But that would be bad and he wasn't about to do that. "Today is your birthday," he stated. The door was opened wider but Riley made no attempt to enter the dorm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:59 pm

Gregory covered his mouth and yawned loudly. He hated dead air and he hated the awkward turn that this potential conversation had taken.

"Uh, yeah. It is. Lucky thirteen," he said weakly, not meeting his brother's eyes.

Gregory stood there for another silent moment. He could imagine it now. He'd say all the wrong words or mess up somehow and Riley would never talk to him again. Or Riley wouldn't talk to him again, simply because of what this day reminded him of. Maybe Riley's feelings about Greg had changed over winter break.

Greg sighed. "Riley, you don't have to talk to me today. I'm not going to be angry at you or anything. I understand."
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:42 am

Today didn't have the best memories but if things were going to go well between him and his brother, Riley needed to at least try. Things didn't seem to be going well though and he was pretty sure it was his fault. He was being awkward and he needed to stop. All he had to do was wish his brother a happy birthday and then things would be better from then on. But it was very hard to get the words to come out.

"I know I didn't," the fifth year stated. "I'm trying right now, it's hard." The conversation didn't have to last long and he knew that, he was just making it drag on by not saying what he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Gregory wasn't quite sure what to do. Was he supposed to offer some consolation? Was he supposed to stand there and wait? He was confused. If it was difficult for someone, they normally wanted help. But this was a different kind of situation.

"Are you sure, Riley? You really don't have to," he tried again.

They had known each other for barely three years. That was hardly an adjustment period. There were already so many weird feelings in their relationship. It was any wonder that they could even be friends. Of course they weren't best friends, but how close could they even become under these circumstances?
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down