Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

AMC Meeting: Introductions

Go down

AMC Meeting: Introductions  Empty AMC Meeting: Introductions

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Ruby was pleased that she was the leader of the Art and Music club, she loved art and music. She loved expressing herself and she was going to help other learn how to express themselves. "Hello! It's nice to see you!" She noted a familiar face, it was that girl who explained quidditch to her last year. "I'm Ruby Thomas and I'm the leader of this club," she said in a cheery tone. She bounced on her toes and looked around the room. "I want to get to know everyone here. Today's meeting is going to be about introducing yourself."

She paced around the room and picked up random things laying about. She held up a paint brush and pointed it at the girl, she wasn't sure what her name was. "We're going to introduce ourselves but in an interesting way. Everyone has a talent or something they're in to." She put the paint brush down, art wasn't entirely her thing after all. "The way we'll introduce ourselves is: we're going to say a few things about ourselves. But, you choose how you're going to introduce yourself. I choose to do it in a song. But you can do it in a different way. This way, I can get to know you and what you like and it'll help with the meetings after this one."

She picked up a guitar and started to strum random cords. "My name is Ruby and I'm from Germany," she sang in a soft voice. She always loved to sing and was usually good at it when she tried. "It's my second year at Beauxbatons and I love this place a lot. I have a friend named Noah and we're two peas in a pod. And this is my introduction song!"

Back to top Go down

AMC Meeting: Introductions  Empty Re: AMC Meeting: Introductions

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:15 am

The moment she heard of a club which included music Stephie signed up. It hadn't registered that art was also included as part of the topics of this club. By the time it had it was too late. She'd committed herself and now here she was in her first meeting with a leader who was a year younger than herself. A girl she remembered the year before with questions about Quidditch. Stephanie had known the club was looking for leaders but she thought she would be too young and even now she was glad she hadn't volunteered to lead this club. Such a position would be too daunting, especially for someone who was much better at scribbling than drawing. She could sing and appreciate music but that was as far as it went.

She gulped as Ruby made up a song on the spot. Stephanie could sing but could she sing as a way of introducing her self? She rattled her brain for a song or tune which would fit her situation in the here and now. She glanced at the guitar and glanced around at the other various instruments, none of which she could play. The piano lessons she took once upon a time ended suddenly when her mother died. It was her turn and Stephanie had nothing. She then took a deep breath and to a tune she once learnt to play she began to sing unaccompanied. "I am Stephanie and I am from France. I sing and seek and daydream." She paused as she lost track of the tune in her head. Another one took its place and she finished her introduction. "I'm a third year and my best friend is Nicon." Her voice was then silent again as she wondered why he hadn't signed up for this club. His drawing was so good and he'd really appreciate art. She was painfully aware of how quickly her introduction song had finished but Stephanie couldn't think of any way to finish it nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Ruby listened carefully to the girl's song, not wanting to miss anything. She loved to learn new things about people and it was great to hear it in a tune. Music was always nice and pleasant to hear. Unless it was too loud that it hurt your ears just listening to it. And this song was pleasant to hear, even if it was just made up on the spot and hadn't had a real beat to it.

She clapped her hands at the older girl's introduction song. "Fabulous!" She squealed, it was great to see someone who enjoyed music like she did. "I loved it." She grinned ear to ear, glad that she didn't find her idea silly. "Well, I'm not very good at art, but it's apart of the club so we'll try that out a bit. But I like music a lot so I'll try to focus on that. Unless you want to focus on art equally or more?" It was good to hear the opinions of the members so she could get more ideas from their answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 am

She silently shook her head. "I'm not really good at art," she confessed, "but if others want to..." She let her words trailed off as she wondered who in the club was more into art than music. "My sisters are good at art. Marie does a lot of painting and stuff." Christine was a little harder to explain so Stephie didn't have much to say on what she got up to with her art. From what Stephie had seen it just involved a whole lot of obscure art forms, especially odd for a ten year old.

Stephie ran out of things to say on the subject of art and lapsed into silence again. What she really wanted to talk about was music and especially singing. Only she wasn't sure how she could say anything when she wasn't the club leader. The third year bit her lip and hugged her knees close to her body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down