Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Commentator Tryouts

Go down

Commentator Tryouts Empty Commentator Tryouts

Post by Professor Bowen Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:31 pm

It was that time of year again, the beginning of a new year at Beauxbatons meaning it was once again time for quidditch tryouts. This was one of the professor's favorite times to be the flying instructor, however it could also be very stressful to choose students for the teams especially since their were only two teams and a ton of students wanting to be on those two teams. However she was always able to decide in the end and she just loved the happy looks on the students faces when they flew around the pitch and you could always see that moment when each one of them finally got some confidence in their tryout performance. There used to be a time when she could just hold all of the tryouts for both teams and the commentators at the same time now she had to stagger them throughout the day. The final tryouts this Saturday morning was the tryouts for the commentators.

Professor Bowen walked out onto the quidditch pitch to see a group of excited students standing in the center, some scared looking and others confident. She stood in the middle and quickly got everyones attention, "Alright everyone welcome to this years Quidditch Commentator Tryouts." She said loud enough for everyone to hear her. "How this is going to work is like this. Some decoy players will play out a small portion of a quidditch match and each one of you will take turns giving your comments on the match as if it were a real game." She told them all slowly to be sure they all understood. "Alright so with that let's get started. She finished before starting the tryouts.

ooc:
-You are to post strictly in character and write a one shot of your character going through their turn.
-Be sure to give enough detail in the post to help the Ministers make an accurate decision about who to pick.
-Message Professor Bowen or a Minister with any questions.
Professor Bowen
Professor Bowen
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Commentator Tryouts Empty Re: Commentator Tryouts

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Fiona didn't like Quidditch.  She didn't like flying either.  There were only two reasons why she was even bothering to tryout as a commentator.  Number one: Caleb was one and Number Two: Mabel was trying out as beater.  Any chance to make digs at her sister were not to be passed up.  Especially if she did or didn't do anything which affected Montagnard in a negative way.  Fiona would be on her like a flash and maybe even confuse her with a complement or two.   The first thing she needed to do was pass her tryout.

She sat behind the microphone and waited for the few decoy players to begin.  This should be easy because even though she may not like the game, growing up in the wizarding world, Fiona knew how the game was played.  They were up and she was ready.  "That chaser just scored a goal.  A bit of a trick play in that.  Pretending to go one way and switching to the other end.  I wonder how she managed to change directions so fast.  I can barely get my broom to move in one direction."  Dull and boring but now finally Fiona could see the challenge.  She just needed to make it interesting.  If only there was a beater up there as well.  "That seeker is still flying around aimlessly.  Snitches are tricky little beasts with their hiding until the last minute.  Oops.  Missed seeing that goal.  The ding at least was loud enough to catch my attention.  Does the keeper need re...Nah.  That was a good punch with the end of their broom.  The chaser missed that time.  How do you spin a broom that way without feeling dizzy.  Look.  The snitch.  It's very zippy today isn't it?  And caught.  That it for this match.  20 points for one team and 160 for the other."  

It was over and now all Fiona had to do was wait to hear if she was successful or not.  If Mabel was also successful she would congratulate her.  She smirked at the thought of the possible reaction as she let the next commentating hopeful take her place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Fane could hardly fly a broom let alone play Quidditch, but what brought him to the pitch that day for tryouts had little to do with Quidditch and more with who was playing and who would be watching. He wanted to make a name for himself and more importantly, he wanted to get to know the Quidditch teams a bit better, knowing how attractive athletes were. After getting personal training with Linette last year, he was confident he knew how to obtain the roast of Announcer.

He sat in the position he desired greatly, watching over the pitch like a hawk, and felt his heart pound in his chest as he waited for the phony game to begin. He smoothed out his hair and then sat up as he watched the decoys take the field. "Alright, well the players have wasted no time in getting started. The one decoy team has already managed to score a goal! Go decoy team!" Honestly maybe this was a bit boring than he expected. Then he saw a decoy player another another one, knocking them off their broom, in order to get the quaffle. "Woah! Did you see that? Getting a bit nasty out there. Seriously is that allowed?" Well it wasn't hurting him, anyway.

"You'd think the seekers were told to find the lost diadem of Ravenclaw! C'mon guys! I can see the bloody snitch from right here! Give me a broom! I'll do it myself!" A little enthusiasm didn't hurt, right? Though even with a broom, Fane was more likely to do more falling than catching a snitch. "That's another goal for that one team!" He announced with another ding.

"Well would you look at that, the snitch has been caught and about time! These decoys play so well maybe some of the real Quidditch team ought to be replaced by them," Fane snarked and laughed at his own joke. Maybe he didn't do his best today but at least he tried. Now all he had to do was wait for the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down