Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

#13: Hard at Goodbyes

Go down

#13: Hard at Goodbyes Empty #13: Hard at Goodbyes

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:21 pm

It was the last day of school and instead of coming back next year, Ruby was being forced into the adult would. She thought of herself as a child and thought it was unfair that she was going to be out on her own. Her parents loved her dearly but she didn't want to stay there forever. Though she was going to ask her Papa if he needed an extra hand making toys. But if he didn't, she would need to find another job for herself. It was so scary to think that she was going to be all alone until her friends graduated. She wanted to spend lots of time with Marcy and Malachi after she graduated. It was sad that she was packing up her clothes and other things and not coming back. She'd miss her dorm and her roommate (even though she hardly talked to her). Ruby couldn't help the tears that formed in her eyes as she folded one of her sweaters and then stuffed it into her trunk. She was being very slow with her packing, she didn't want her time at Beauxbatons to end.

A tear fell off her face and landed on her now bare bed. She pushed a piece of hair out of her face then sat on her bed. She let out a sigh before getting up and going to the door. She was going to put off the rest of her packing and go for a walk. She opened her door to find a sad looking Kai, clearly he was upset and since he was here he was probably sad that she was leaving. "Kai," she said softly. There was something about seeing him there that made her want to pretend she had her shit together when she really didn't. "Come in." She stepped back to let him in then shut the door after he was inside her almost empty room. Her roommate had already packed up her things and was with some friends waiting for the carriages.

Using magic to help her pack seemed like a terrible idea yet she pulled her wand out of her boot. She didn't want to pack her things while talking to her brother, she wanted to give him all her attention. But before she could say the spell, she dropped her wand and tears came pouring out of her eyes. "I'm going to miss you!" She threw her arms around her brother and held him tight. She'd miss her baby brother so much.

Back to top Go down

#13: Hard at Goodbyes Empty Re: #13: Hard at Goodbyes

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Malachi had been busy between school and friends and his relationship that he had allowed an important bit of information slide from his mind; Ruby was graduating this term. He had been so pleased to come into acquaintance with Ruby and even more so when he had discovered his relation to her. Though he had missed out on growing up with her, he still felt close to her and felt a pain in his chest as he realized the day to say goodbye to her had come.

He knew this had to be all the more tough for Ruby, since so much more was changing for her whereas things were pretty much remaining the same for him. However, he wasn't going to be able to see her as often, the idea of which made tears form in his eyes. He had gone to see her before they boarded the carriage and tried to keep a straight face as she opened the door.

She looked off as well and that was all he needed to crack. He made a choking sound and suddenly the tears started to flow down his face in fat drops. He stepped into the room crying and immediately wrapped his arms around her. He was never good at goodbyes.

"Oh sister I am going to miss you terribly!" There was so much more he wanted to experience with her to make up for the years they had lost. He found himself needing her for advice. For comfort. She was the only thing he had of Germany and home. He knew it was possible to carry on without her, but it felt to him, impossible. "Write to me," He begged between shaking sobs.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 am

Even though they had only met a few years ago it felt like they had known each for much longer. At least that's how Ruby felt. She was going to miss him terribly and things weren't going to be the same once she was out of school. It seemed like such a long time till he graduated. "O-of course I'll write you," she said weakly. She was never good with goodbyes and this was one of the toughest goodbyes she had ever had to go through. Of course she was going to see him again, she'd make sure of that, but it felt like it would be forever until they saw each other again. She had to find a place and get a job and those things just got in the way of seeing Kai, plus he had school which made things harder.

"You can visit me anytime you like, yeah?" She would have to invest in some Floo Powder so her could get to her house and back. But it was worth it to see him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Despite her promise to send him letters, Malachi took a moment of silence to cry. He embraced his sister wordlessly and hide his face in her blue hair. He'd miss everything about her, but mostly the comfort she brought him. It didn't seem fair to him to have just met her and began to get to know her and then to suddenly be torn from her once more. He couldn't imagine what this moment would have felt like if they had grown up together.

"During the summer, yeah. But I'd have to wait till holiday to see you once school starts again," Malachi reasoned, the sobs coming to an end and his breathing evening out. Now just stray tears wandered down his oval face, which he brushed away with the back of his sleeve. "Please don't forget about me," Malachi begged. He knew it sounded pitiful but he was sure Ruby would get lost in responsibilities soon enough. He didn't want to consume all of her time, but he would be hurt if they lost track of each other.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 pm

She was more than happy to invite Malachi to her home, once she got one. He would be the perfect guest. She could just imagine how things would go and thinhgs would be just perfect. They'd watch movies and bake things, they could have great brother and sister moments. She was about to go on about the things they could do but what he said next caught her off guard. How would she be able to forget about her brother? There was no way in hell she would ever forget about her adorable baby brother.

"Of course I'll never forget you," she said still holding him tight. She meant it too, she'd never forget him even if he forgot about her. "All I've been doing is getting to know you and no way am I going to forget about you. You're my brother that I never thought I had and now that I'm in your life its hard to get rid of me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Malachi had his arms wrapped around Ruby's waist, holding the girl tight to his body. He wanted to take in as much of Ruby as he could then before they boarded the carriage and left, for Merlin knew once they arrived back in Berlin, Ruby would be busy with job hunting and moving and he wouldn't get to give her a proper goodbye then. He buried his face into her shirt and breathed in her scent. She always smelled of sweet perfume and freshly cut wood, since she nearly always had one of her dad's toys on her.

He was going to miss the convenience of her close proximity. He was able to walk down the hall a few doors and be at Ruby's room, but from that point on, seeing Ruby face to face meant careful planning. Malachi sighed and brushed the remainder of tears from his eyes as Ruby promised to never forget about him, laughing as she said it would be nearly impossible to do so.

"ich liebe dich, Schwester," He uttered as he pulled away from the embrace at last. The number of people in the corridor was dwindling in number and he knew they would have to leave soon. "Do you want me to help carry your stuff?" He offered, grabbing one of her bags before she could answer. It was time.

translation: I love you, sister
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 pm

This was hard for the young woman, well soon to be young woman, she was never ever good at goodbyes. Time was going by fast and before she knew it there was no time to waste. It was time to go and there was nothing she could do about it, she was leaving her brother and her girlfriend and everyone else. She couldn't help but get emotional, she was going to be so alone. "If life ever gets too tough, kid, you're always welcome to stay with me however long you want," she offered. His parents would be okay with that, wouldn't they? If they weren't then she would see him in the Village whenever they both could.

She was about to tell him she could do it herself but before she could say anything he grabbed one of her bags. She sighed and grabbed her bigger suitcase that was full of clothes and other things. God, she was going to miss everything about this place and she was going to miss some of the people in it. Cutie Pie, her pygmy puff, was laying on her shoulder with its tiny claws clinging to her shirt in order to stay in that spot. She held out her hand for her brother to take and smiled when he did. She couldn't have asked for a better brother, he was so special and lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down