Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

PAC: The Muggle English Bard

Go down

PAC: The Muggle English Bard Empty PAC: The Muggle English Bard

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:02 am

Christine had ideas of what she wanted to do with this club and thought she'd come upon a brilliant idea only to find it was much more difficult to accomplish than she'd originally thought. Her new idea may or may not be considered stepping into the muggle club territory but if wizards were going to be short on talented playwrights then she had no option. Once latching onto her new idea she ran into another problem. That however was soon solved by a shop which sold muggle objects. Christine had never paid much attention to it before. Why would she when she came from muggle origins? However, when she went on to look around it turned out to have a small selection of muggle books which included one copy of a Shakespeare play; King Lear.

Now, with copies of the play (on parchment) which the owner did up for her with some sort of duplication spell she was ready for her fellow club members to arrive. She smiled broadly as the all trickled in and she handed out the parchment to everyone. "This my fellow Thespians is a play of a wonderful muggle writer by the name of William Shakespeare. King Lear. The language he used is very poetic and I thought it was a wonderful way to learn how to act in a setting which is very different to the type you may be too familiar with. Read through the first act and then we could assign parts and have fun with trying to speak this very old fashioned of speaking. Never forget that you need to put yourself in the place of the character you are playing."

Back to top Go down

PAC: The Muggle English Bard Empty Re: PAC: The Muggle English Bard

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 am

Admittedly, other than Romeo and Juliet and Much Ado About Nothing (and a couple sonnets) knew nothing of the work of Shakespeare. She only knew those ones because of Daniel. Heather had trouble reading. Honestly, it kind of embarrassed her, but because of her troubles Shakespeare was like climbing a mountain. "I-I'll be Cordelia." She decided. That way she wouldn't have as many lines that she could mess up.

Heather stood when her part came up. Cordelia was being pressured to give her father a superfluous answer to a quetsion that was basically 'How much do you love me?' Heather said "What shall Cordelia do? Love, and be silent." However, her father and sister Regan talked for a bit and again Cordelia decided to stay limited on what she said. She didn't want to feed her father's ego, and finally she says what she really thinks. "Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave. My heart into my mouth: I love your majesty
According to my bond; nor more nor less."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

This meeting really was going quite well in Christine's estimation. Everyone was joining in. Those who couldn't get a part watched and listened, Christine included. She was dying to play a part herself but as leader she believed she was meant to direct the play rather than act in the play. "Oh yes. That was quite well done for a first read through," she said in approval.

"However how about we run through that again? This time since you should have some idea of the words of your character put a little more emotion into their words. Think about the motivation behind why the character is saying what they are saying. One or two of you I noticed already was doing quite well with that. First though any questions on what the words mean? With the language being quite old there may be some difficulty in understanding what the characters are saying." Not too difficult for herself since Christine always took great pains to look up words which she could not understand. A bigger challenge for out of fashioned words of course but still doable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down