Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

MAC: Muggle Sport Appreciation

Go down

MAC:  Muggle Sport Appreciation Empty MAC: Muggle Sport Appreciation

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Coming up with a new idea for Muggle Appreciation Club was difficult now she hadn't Caleb to do all the work. She didn't even have a co-leader to do the work. Thus Fiona was stuck on her own. She then thought she had the perfect idea and even managed to find props to use in the meeting room. Thus after a raid of the Quidditch shed, she had everything on display and waited for the members to file in.

With their arrival she stood on a chair. "Hello my fellow appreciators of muggles welcome to another meeting. I'm Fiona Miller your leader and today we are talking about Quidditch and muggle sports. I thought part of appreciating muggles is to look at the sports they play and compare them to Quidditch. Why? Because I believe there are similarities if you look closer."

She picked up a round black and white ball. "This is a football. Muggle's use their feet to kick it and sometimes their heads. One person, the goalie can use their hands. How is that similar to quidditch?" She grinned as she added, "the keeper has to keep the quaffle out and the goalie has to keep this out." Fiona then threw the football at one of the club members before picking up another ball. "Here we have a baseball. Anyone care to guess what aspect of Quidditch is similar to baseball?"

Back to top Go down

MAC:  Muggle Sport Appreciation Empty Re: MAC: Muggle Sport Appreciation

Post by Harley Fenwick Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Harley hadn't been the most responsible person when it came to club meetings. She was regularly late and barely spoke out at them, and over time they faded from being a priority to something on side. She was glad she had actually come t this meeting, though, because sports were the only thing she was good at as a little girl. She was tall and nimble, making her good at sports like soccer, gymnastics, and a couple others.

She saw the white ball strung with red thread and for once, she decided to talk in a meeting. "The Beater position is most like baseball in my opinion, because in order to keep the game going, you have to kit the baseball with a bat."
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Fiona grinned at one of the less active members of the club. "Yep. That's it exactly. The bat is even similar to that of a beater's bat. Of course it isn't as strong since the ball isn't iron. I think I'd much rather be hit by one of these than a bludger but that's the nature of the game." She put the ball back down and reached for a hard red ball. "This is similar to that of a baseball. A cricket ball. A bit harder and the bat is different but yeah. Anyway of course the difference between these and a bludger is that the idea isn't to hit the opposing team.

"Okay. That's keeper and beater spoken of as a comparrison. Now onto the next one." She reached for a much bigger orange ball. "Here we have a basket ball." Fiona bounced it on the floor a couple of times and fumbled to catch it again. "So much for the practice," she quipped before holding the ball firmly in her hands again. "Now what position would you liken this mostly to?" She paused and bounced the ball again, this time catching it with ease. "Or rather positions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down