Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

One Last Christmas?

Go down

One Last Christmas? Empty One Last Christmas?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:13 am

Christine worked very hard at making sure the Christmas decorations were perfect. This would be her very last Christmas as part of a family consisting of her father and sisters. There were her aunt, uncle and cousins too but things were changing. Marie was getting married in the coming summer and Stephanie will be graduating from Beauxbatons. This Christmas had to be perfect and part of that perfection was the Christmas breakfast with just her father and sisters. No-one else in the family and if Marie dared include her fiancé in this small intimate family gathering she would have to show her displeasure most severely.

She climbed carefully down off the step-ladder she had been standing on precariously and nodded with approval at the placement of the final string of tinsel. Yes. That was perfect and now all they needed was the tree. The door opened behind her and she heard her father call out to her from the front door. "The tree," Christine called out in excitement and forgot her dignity as she ran to meet the rest of the family. As lovely as it was to feel trusted enough to stay home on her own it was even more lovely to have her family home again. Even that fiancé of Marie's was a welcome sight. He was, after all, part of the reason why she would have the most wonderful dress to wear in the summer.

Back to top Go down

One Last Christmas? Empty Re: One Last Christmas?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 am

After spending time with Marie's fiancé Stephanie had to admit she was warming up to him. With her own graduation drawing closer she could now understand a bit better Marie's desire to go live her own life. She'd spent much longer than needed here in their home helping to keep dad motivated. Stephanie could see that much more clearly than she had a year ago. Choosing a Christmas tree with him involved had even been enjoyable.

Stephanie heard Christine's shout before she saw her. The excitement in her voice had been obvious. The middle sister, who'd been behind the three adults stepped around. "Chris come and show me what you've done with the decorations while we let them set up the tree." She nudged her younger sister and smiled when she noticed Marie had managed to detach herself from Florentin and follow the younger two girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:51 pm

Christine was pleased that both Stephanie and Marie appeared to be happy to allow the men to put up the tree. That was, afterall, men's business. She'd never believed what her teacher said at her old school about girls and boys being able to do the same things. And apparently her own sisters even agreed with that horrible and unfair old teacher of hers. Tonight though she would have them follow her with girl stuff and let her father and future brother do boy stuff.

"See. Look at how wonderful the room looks now. Daddy you should put the tree up in that spot. I made sure it was clear for you." Her words were completely unnecessary since that was the same place the tree went every year. But Christine wanted to be absolutely certain nothing messed up her design. "So what do you think? Oh and wait until you see how I set up the kitchen all ready for Christmas breakfast." She looked at Marie and added slyly, "will Florentin be there also?" It was gratifying to hear the answer was in the negative and Christine beamed as Marie reached out to draw herself and Stephie into a hug saying she wanted to spend this Christmas breakfast they way they always had since it would be the last chance they had to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 am

Christine certainly had outdone herself and Stephanie would even dare say she'd done better than any of them had done in previous years. "Why haven't you joined the Art & Music Club?" she asked her sister pointedly. The question which had been circling around in her head ever since Christine's first year at Beauxbatons finally burst out of her. "Oh and it does look good. Really good. I can't wait to see how you've done up the kitchen."

She willingly let herself be drawn into the three way hug. "I'm glad it'll be just us Marie," she said. And she was. This would be the last time it'll be just the four of them. Marie would soon be well and truly beginning her own life without her younger sisters and father hanging onto her. And Stephanie had already made plans to move out of home as soon as she finished school. That, though, she'd kept silent on as per her agreement with her father during a discussion they'd had over the summer. Shall we go see the kitchen now? Marie asked, breaking into Stephanie's thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:56 am

"Because you are there," Christine returned, "and I did not believe you would welcome my presence there when you already have me play Q...on the team with you."  She lowered her voice.  "You do not think he heard that do you?"  She didn't say who but it was obvious who she meant.  Marie quickly shook her head.  "Just be more careful next time Christine."  Christine nodded.  "I will endeavour to recall with whom I am keeping company."  

"Oh yes.  The kitchen.  Both of you.  Come and see."  She held out her arms as she led them both into the kitchen where they always breakfasted.  The table was set up with the special plates in a setting for four.  "It will be the most wonderful breakfast and then will come the dinner at our aunt and uncle's place.  You may bring Florentin with you on that occasion Marie."  Marie gave her youngest sister a dry smile and said, "Thanks very much.  It does look very good in here.  As good as the way maman always had it.  Don't you agree Stephanie?"  Christine looked from one sister to the other for confirmation that it was indeed as good as their mother's decorating for she had no memory of those times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:30 am

Stephanie was surprised by Christine's reply. She'd always been under the impression that her younger sister was completely self-centred. This answer turned that assumption on its head. It was possible however that perhaps her sister was finally growing up. After all, when was the last time Chris said she was a lost princess or any other rot to that effect? She gave her sister a wry smile. If there was one thing her sister had not grown out of it was her effected way of speaking.

Upon seeing the kitchen Stephanie's mouth fell open and she could feel tears threatening to fall. At Marie's question she could do little more than nod in confirmation. "Girls the tree's ready," came the voice of their father from the sitting room. "We'd better get in there before they start messing it up for Chris," Stephie remarked and led the way back to where the tree was set up. She wouldn't be at all surprised if her younger sister had this planned out too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:56 pm

"I do not know what you are implying by that remark," Christine said acidly and took a step backwards when Marie gave her a warning touch on her harm. "But Marie she..." Her sister interrupted her. "Christine just direct everyone on how to decorate the tree instead of complaining about what your sister said." Christine still thought it was unfair of Stephanie but with Marie's warning in her ears (because Christine knew that was what it really was) she began the process of studying the decorations she'd laid out carefully with the diagram she drew.

"Florentin, as the newest member of the family you are to stand back with that star. It will be going on last and you are the one to add it." She smiled as he did as she commanded. If only she could be as confident about her sisters and father complying the way he did. "Marie the gold baubles please?" She was handed the box which held the gold coloured round balls and was soon pointing to where each one was to be placed. Soon enough she had orders for everyone minus Florentin to put each decoration precisely where she wanted it. "Now Florentin. The star." She held her breath as he stretched up to place the star exactly where she wanted it. "Just as I wanted," she breathed. It didn't exactly match the diagram but Christine didn't see how a mere picture could match up to the perfection in front of her eyes. "Lights."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:04 am

Stephanie had no idea what Christine was trying to complain about in regard to her perfectly innocent remark. She was nuts. That was the only conclusion Stephie could come to. That and do as Marie suggested. Go and follow Christine's certain to be precise instructions on how to decorate the tree.

Christine certainly outdid herself with the design. And Stephanie wondered if perhaps later she should whisper in her sister's year about joining AMC. The club really was missing members who were more into art than music. Stephanie had not been blind to the fact she wasn't the only one who favoured the music side of the club. Right now she and everyone else had Christine's command to obey. Out went the main lights and on came the Christmas lights. "Perfection," Stephanie breathed. "Christine you have created perfection. Can we now have the carol singing?" She would have liked the piano there as well but her father sold it years ago and Stephanie would have to wait until the visited their aunt and uncle's place the next day to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 am

Christine clapped her hands in excitement at seeing her creation come to life. Well the lights showing off the tree in the way she envisioned. "Is it not the most wonderful thing ever?" she asked in glee. She smiled at the rest of her family and the looks and words of approval. "Thank you Stephie," she said and hugged her sister forgiving whatever it was she'd implied earlier.

"Of course we can. Right everyone?" Naturally there was no discent. Why would there be? And she was sure Florentin would really appreciate Stephie's singing voice as much as the rest of the family did. "You have to start us off," she ordered her sister.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down