Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Hiding Away is Fun

Go down

Hiding Away is Fun Empty Hiding Away is Fun

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 pm

To say that Indigo Young and Cori Arnett were social butterflies would not be an accurate statement. They were both rather uneasy around people, but had managed to form a pretty decent friendship. It made Cori happy to have a friend that didn't just talk to her because they were friends with her twin or older sister. Though, the older sister came in handy. Like, for example she showed Cori her favorite place at Beauxbatons: the Secret Common Room. Unless, a seventh year was saying goodbye the room was absolutely empty most of the time. It was perfect for Cori to just relax and enjoy the quiet.

However, today Cori was inviting her friend Indigo to meet her in the Common Room to play cards and hang out. As time ticked on Cori wondered if Indigo was coming. It was five minutes before the time of three o'clock that Cori had set, but still she couldn't help but wonder if people were going to ditch her. When the door swung open Cori beamed. "Hi Indigo!" She said happily. "How are you, my friend?"

Back to top Go down

Hiding Away is Fun Empty Re: Hiding Away is Fun

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Indigo had never heard of the secret common room before she had been invited to join Cori. She was given directions on how to get there. She just hoped she didn't get lost. Knowing her luck, she would get lost. She wasn't sure if she should bring anything with her. What did Cori have in mind? Did she plan anything? She decided on bringing her diary since she didn't leave without it, it was by her side at all times.

Finally, she reached the secret common room. Her luck was better than she thought it was since she hadn't gotten lost at all. She opened the door and was greeted by her friend. "I'm well. Yourself?" She held her diary to her chest in a protective way. "Did you have anything planned for us to do?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:57 pm

"Good. I'm pretty good." Cori nodded at her good friend. "I brought cards if you wanted to play, but if you don't then your more than welcome to write while we talk or something." Cori smiled brightly. "Or we could read some letters from the Fairwell Fireplace. That sounds kind of interesting. I've never done it before." Cori tapped her fingers against her knee.

"Did the topic on Professor Cox's last essay prompt bother you too? It wasn't a hard prompt or anything I just wasn't a fan of it. It was rather dry. Why would I want to research which wand cores are better for defensive spells? I got great marks on it of course, but I dunno, it could have been so much better I think."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:42 am

"Cards? I don't know how to play cards," she admitted. Compared to others' lives, hers was so dull. There was so much she needed to know to be a regular girl. She'd soon be a teen and she wanted to be just like a normal teenage girl. "Farewell Fireplace? But we're not going anywhere." What would happenif they did put letters into the fire?

"No, not really." The blonde shrugged. "I'm not so good in his class, he's always telling me to speak up or to do better." More like yelling. "I just try my best to not get in his way, he's very scary."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:40 pm

"Well, cards itself isn't a game. I'll teach you an easy one." Cori smiled broadly. "Well, yeah, we're not writing letters. We're just reading them. They have all sorts of drama written on them and such. They're very interesting. I once read one about a girl who made out with her best friend and best friend's girlfriend at the same time. They're more about getting stuff off your chest, but your totally allowed to read them. They go back like ages. Even before the fire kids would leave letters in their so their are letters from the Victorian Era. It's kind of amazing."

"He's not as scary as you'd think. I once asked him about something as far as textbooks go and he was very kind. I was shocked to be honest with you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:12 am

Indigo didn't know what to say so all she did was blink her eyds at the girl. How stupid of her to think cards was just one game. There must be tons of games for this 'card' game. She only had her family to thank for keeping her so in the dark. She felt even more stupid as the other girl went on. Of course they weren't going to write letters! Only read them. "Oh," she said softly. She knew her face had to be bright red or close to it. "I guess it would be kind of fun to look at them if thery date back so long." Thoughts of how people used to live swirled in the young gorl's head.

"He always yells at me," she repeated softly. "Hard to find someone nice when they yell at you a lot." She focused her attentiom on her hamds, she began to twiddle her thumb. She had seen so many girls with their nail painted and she wanted to do the same. But she owned no nail polish and she wasn't very close to anyone to borrow some. "Ever painted your nails?" She said, getting off subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Cori saw the girl's embarrassment over not knowing cards and gave a mental kick to herself. She decided to just let Indigo think that cards was a throw away idea anyways, maybe that would make her feel better. "Yeah, we can go read some if you want, Indigo." Cori smiled broadly at the girl.

Cori had seen Indigo twiddle her thumbs and was curious as to whatever was swirling in her buddy's mind. When she asked about painting nails Cori grinned slightly. "All the time. In fact I have a couple unopened bottles in my room. Would you like to paint nails? I need to do mine anyways." Cori smiled widely. Did she actually have a friend now? Oh my god. She tried not to smile wider. This was so exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:14 am

Maybe things in the letter would help her become more social. She was sure that some old students would have some advice written in their letters. "I think it would be fun," her voice wasn't any louder than a whisper. It was so hard to speak up when you were so nervous about everything.

Her face lit up when her friend said that she did in fact have nail polish. "Really?" She couldn't believe that this was going so well, that she actually had a friend. "I've never painted my nails before so I'm not sure if I can do it properly," she admitted. Maybe Cori could do them for her. "I think we need to set up another meeting, or shall we go now?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:46 am

Indigo didn't know how to do her nails? Drop everything. This was an emergency. "We can read the letters next time. Right now getting those nails a new color is much more important. I will paint yours. I usually paint McKenna's, I'm actually kind of good at it which is really amusing to me because I'm not good at a lot of girly things, but nails I've got down to a science." The short haired girl said with a grin.

"I can teach you how to do it like a pro. This summer you could come visit me and I could take you to a real salon and we could get them done professionally and be all fancy." Cori grinned widely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Mother always had a problem with society. But Indigo just wanted to be normal and like everyone else. Even if her mother disapproved. Her father could always talk her out of being mad. "Mother doesn't approve of what others do, that's why I'm never able to do some things." It was so hard being so distanr from everyone else, so different. "I will trust you to paint my nails a beautiful color."

She paused as she learned to the other girl go on. Her house? She was inviting her to her house? There was no way her mother would approve of that, she wanted to keep her little girl sheltered. "I'll see if I can get my father to talk my mother into it," she admitted. "Mother is very protective."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down