Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Wizard Books

Go down

Wizard Books  Empty Wizard Books

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 pm

All the items from their supplies list were getting checked off. One of the last things that they needed was their books. Melanie read the supplies list at least a hundred times. The items were all so weird. Some of the books were normal too. But some of the had strange titles. Which got her curious about wizards books. She chewed on her lip. Did she ask him and seem like an idiot? Eh, it was just Hayden. She decided to ask him. “Hayden? Can I ask a quick question?” She asked softly. "I don't wanna seem like an idiot or anything but I'm just really curious."

Back to top Go down

Wizard Books  Empty Re: Wizard Books

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Hayden liked little bookstores and this was not one of them. It was way too big and cluttered. He puffed up his cheeks and began to pull books off the shelves that either seemed interesting or were just generally cool because of their binding. He sighed softly and looked at them. He literally wanted to buy all of the books and read them. He puffed up his cheeks again and looked up at Melanie addressed him. "Yeah, of course you can ask me anything Melanie you know that." Hayden chuckled softly and stretched out his arms towards the sky. "It probably isn't even as dumb as you think it is, Mel."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Melanie giggled slightly. She noticed that Hayden puffing up his cheeks was a reoccurring thing. It must be a habit. A rather funny habit. "No, no, you're definitely going to laugh at me for this question." She bit her lip. At least she realized how much of a dunce bucket she was. Nothing like her younger sister, that one was brilliant. She fidgeted and played with her hands. "Wizard books are like muggle books right? Or, like the pictures do the move or something?" She closed her eyes and looked away from Hayden, waiting for the laughter from her friend. She glanced back and opened one eye, chewing nervously on her lip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 12:31 am

Hayden took one of her hands. She was clearly embarrassed about the question when there was nothing to really be embarrassed about. "Some of the books have moving pictures, but some are just like muggle books. It depends on the author's style to be honest with you. Some author's and their publishing companies prefer the really simplistic look of how muggles just have images imprinted on the page while others like the boldness of the moving pictures. Most diagrams you see though will be just imprints. If there are moving images in a text book they might be to show you how a spell is performed live, but that's it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 12:52 am

Melanie stopped biting her lip when he took her hand. She sighed in relief when there was no laughter from his as well. She held his hand gently listening to his explanation. That made sense. She probably could’ve figured that out on her own, buuut she didn’t. “Thank you for explaining it.” She smiled gently and squeezed his hand. “Sorry if it was a silly question.” She apologized softly. “Hayden, what’s your favorite book currently?” She asked curiously, walking down a row of books. Melanie always liked to read whichever was his favorite. She wasn’t the brightest, but she still enjoyed reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 1:02 am

"There are no silly questions that leave your mouth Melanie. I take every single one of them as seriously as the last." Hayden smiled at her. "Right now I'm reading a lot of comic books as well as some mythology based books. I just like to read as much different stuff as possible, you know? The same old same old gets so boring after a while. You have to spice it up or you're no different than a hundred other people with an enjoyment in reading. For every book in your normal preference you should try a genre or subgenre you don't really read that often just have an understanding of what it's about."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down