Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls

Go down

Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls Empty Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Rosalie had decided to stop in while she was out shopping. She was excited to be able to have another butterbeer and to have the sweet liquid caress her tongue and envelop her mind in a sweet aroma. She took a sip of her drink. She hadn't expected much from the day...it was just calm, sweet, relaxing and- BAM!!! She had collied with a boy and suddenly the drink in her hand with the sweet and sticky liquid she had just been consuming was spilt all over the floor along with his as we'll. She stood quickly to find something to fix the problem with. She noticed it was a boy whose drink she had spilt, who was helping her and she found herself suddenly apologizing over and over again. Rosalie looked nervous and grabbed a couple more napkins. "No! Don't worry!" She tried to reassure him. "I can take care of it." She said , but as soon as the words exited her mouth the mess was gone. "I'm sorry about the trouble!" She said finally meeting the boys eyes after the mess was clear. She gave him her sweet signature smile. "Let me buy you another." She said brightly. "I'm Rosalie by the way.."

Back to top Go down

Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls Empty Re: Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 am

Shopping had been hard and trying for Malachi, whom was used to being with himself over being with people. He wasn't exactly bad with interacting with people, but he wasn't charismatic about it either. He also, apparently, was having a bad case of the clumsy on that day. Not only had he split his first butterbeer of the day, but second time around in the pub with another glass and yet again he had spilled it before it could touch his lips. This time, because he had collided with a girl.

Immediately he ducked to help mop up the mess, dabbing the puddle of butterbeer on the floor with a handkerchief before standing up and meeting eyes with the girl he had run into. His faced blended in nicely with the color of his hair as he noticed how aesthetically pleasing the set up of her face was. It darkened even more as he noticed his clothes were soaked in butterbeer and he looked like a mess. However, she was too busy apologizing to notice.

"Nein! Mach dir keine Sorgen!" he quickly uttered, forgetting that he was in France and people wouldn't understand his native language. "It was an accident," He added, this time in French. "Mostly my fault. Do not trouble yourself, schöne Dame," Malachi replied, bashfully, feeling the butterbeer covered shirt cling to his skin. "You do not owe me anything." He turned to buy himself another butterbeer but then remembered that she had introduced herself and he had been negligent to do the same. "Verzeihung! I haven't introduced myself! My name is Malachi! But friends call me Kai!" He wanted to be proper and shake her hand but nerves kept his hands close to his own person.

German provided from Google translate. Translations: No! Do not worry! .... beautiful lady ... Pardon me!
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls Empty Re: Napkins, Butterbeer and Pretty Girls

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm

Rosalie smiled at the boy as he started to sputter in German. Due to the fact that she had to travel to many places with her line of work, her mother father required her to learn German, French, English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish. So she understood him perfectly, but he didn't seem to understand that she did, since he went straight into French following that. It was a common mistake to assume that people in France only spoke French. She giggled a little bit at the boy and smiled. "Es ist in Ordnung, ich Deutsch zu verstehen." She said returning the boys speech in his seeming to be native language. "Nicht viele Französisch-Lautsprecher in Deutschland?" She asked jokingly with her sweet tone.

Translations: "It's alright, I understand German" & "Not many French-speakers in Germany?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Malachi grabbed a handful of napkins from the table and pressed them to his dampened jacket, trying to get the liquid out of it. He prayed it wouldn't leave a stain. His pulled a toothy grin as he heard the girl reply, this time in his own language. "Ausgezeichnet! Ich bin nicht sehr gut französisch sprechen. But I will do my best," He finished in French. His father had been adamant about getting him to start using more French than German, being that he would be required to speak it once he started school.

He shook his head in response to her question and laughed slightly. "Nein. I've had to study French all summer long once I found out I was accepted to Beauxbatons," He relayed.

Gooogle Translation: Excellent! I am not very good at speaking French .... no
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Rosalie took a napkin and helped him wiped off his jacket. "Ich bin wirklich traurig über Ihre Jacke." She apologized in German. She wanted him to be able to understand her so she figured that she could keep speaking in German, for his sake, but when he said he was attending Beauxbatons she smiled. "Um Beauxbatons, sagen Sie? Excellent! Ich bin dort, wie gut!" Her sweet voice echoed as she laughed a little. "Wenn Sie möchten, könnte ich Sie mit Ihrem Französisch helfen?" She offered to him. He seemed like such a nice boy, that Rosalie was more than willing to help him, especially after the drink she had just spilled on him. Remembering her offer, she ordered two more butterbeers. She saw the boy starting to protest, but she just shook her head and smiled. "Nein, nein! Ich bestehe darauf!" She said as she handed the bartender her money.

Translations: "I'm sorry about your jacket." & "To Beauxbatons, you say? Excellent! I go there as well!" & "If you would like, I could help you with your French?" & "No, no! I insist"

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Together, they managed to get most of the butterbeer out of his jacket, though it was still an off color. "Mach dir keine sorgen," Malachi replied. "I'm sure Mama has a potion that will clear the stain," he added, offering an amiable smile. And if the potion didn't work, he supposed he could always just fashion a new one.

His smile brightened as he heard that she was already attending his new school. "Excellent! It will be a lot less scarier starting school knowing that I already have one freundin!" He replied, ecstatic. "Erm, if it isn't too forward of me to call you a friend already," He added, blushing slightly. He did hope that the girl liked him. School would be so scary if he had to attend alone. "Oh danke, Fräulein! But all I really need is practice," Malachi said, pleasantly. He was able to communicate in French after only a few months of studying the language. With time, he was sure he would think of it as more natural and less stuttered.

He saw that there was no arguing over the butterbeer, but was glad to have an actual butterbeer now that he could drink. "Danke! This one may stay off of my jacket," he said, before taking a sip of the sweet drink. "Mmmh, as delicious as the butterbeer in Berlin!"

Google translation: Do not worry...friend...thank you, miss...thank you
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Rosalie smiled at the boy. He was very sweet and friendly, the perfect person to have as a companion, even if he was a first year, this year. She was really hoping that he'd end up in Cerisier just like her, then they could see each other all the time and become even better friends. Which is why it made her giggle when he asked if calling her a friend was too forward. She shook her head, letting her long wavy brown hair swish around her. "No, it's fine." She smiled answering him in French.

The bartender soon handed them their drinks, looking at Kai her lips curved into a smile and nodded in agreement. "Also, there's no need to be so formal, you may call me Rosalie, or Rose if you'd like." She offered with a tilt of the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down