Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

don't tell!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

don't tell! Empty don't tell!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Charlotte entered the shop with amazement everywhere she different colours caught her eye, each one with it's own unique name but unfortunately she couldn't pronounce. However the shop was crowded. She tried manoeuvring herself through the crowd trying her best not to bump anyone with a big pile of sweets in their hands. Eventually after getting an isle of sweets carefully she decided to stay there for a while instead of walking through a throng of people.

Charlotte's eyes travelled along the row until a particular sweet caught her eyes. It was a chocolate frog. Of course she had seen them before from Honey-dukes when her mother used to take her there when she was little; even so she wanted to know if different witches and wizards would be the cards. So she decided to pick it up, she looked around to make sure no-one was looking before trying to carefully open the package.

Back to top Go down

don't tell! Empty Re: don't tell!

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Waiting for his mother to return from her sidetrack tasks inspired Malachi to explore further. He had already ventured into the pet shop to discover that disappointingly he could not take his dog Elmo with him to school and next he decided to check out the candy shop.

"Erstaunlich! Großartig!" Malachi noted aloud, finding the shop to be more grand than any regular candy store he found on the streets of Berlin. Wizard candy always seemed to be more impressive than muggle candy, but unfortunately Berlin catered more towards Muggles.

He didn't know where to start to look at the candy, but his light pockets reminded him that he couldn't afford much of what he wanted. He adored chocolate though and recognized a display of chocolate frogs. He made his way over and noticed a girl standing with a box in her hand but paid no mind to her for a moment. He was checking the price on the box when he saw from the corner of his eye that she was prying the box open. "Was tun Sie? Stop! The frog will get away!" He warned her. "Or do you not care?" He added. He, himself, was an avid collector of the famous witch and wizard cards that came with the chocolate. "Do you collect as well?" He asked, with a toothy smile.

Google Translation: Amazing! Magnificent! ... What are you doing?
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:07 am

Charlotte jumped slightly when she heard someone not far from where she was standing call out to her, she turned her head to face the boy "I'm trying to catch the name..." I say with a nervous sort of chuckle and I place the box back in immaculate condition.

Charlotte turned to face the boy "I didn't notice you there, how long were you standing there exactly?" she asked with a nervous tone to her voice. She nodded enthusiastically "ydy! I mean yes I have been collecting them since I was five" I say with a smirk "I'm guessing you collect them as-well?" she asked observing the boy for a moment. "Or do you just get them for the chocolate frogs?" she asked raising an eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Malachi watched as the box returned to the shelf without any damage and sighed. He blushed slightly when the duration of his presence was questioned. He didn't mean to appear so creepily. He just so happened to be there and curiosity got the better of him.

"I only just got here, Ich schwöre," Malachi replied, in his defense, but his cheeks still were tainted with a gentle shade of pink. "I just really like chocolate frogs." He beamed as she told him she was a collector as well, and one that had been around for awhile as well. "Great! I collect too! Forgive me for bragging, but my collection is quite great! Perhaps we could trade some doubles and help each other out?" Malachi offered, his hand dropping into his pocket. He usually carried around some portion of his collection. However, this time his hand came out bare. "Ach! I think I left all of mine at home," He sighed. Who knew when he would ever get the chance like this again? It was truly a missed opportunity.

Google translate: I swear...alas
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:04 pm

she noticed that in some parts he spoke a different language and she raised an eyebrow "I don't mean to sound rude but are you from Germany?" she asked with a little smile, she also noticed that his cheeks were hinted with a little shade of pink; she giggled a little.

"really? well I don't really like the frogs that come with it, I just like the cards" she says simply with a little shrug, she raised an eyebrow "Oh really? how much room do all the cards take of your bedroom and then we'll see who as the better collection" she said with a little smirk placing her hands on her hips. Charlotte nodded enthusiastically "yes! that is an excellent idea! maybe one day during the Holidays you could come down to mine or I'll come to yours and we'll trade cards or something?" she suggested. When he said he had left them at home she was a little disappointed but she just smiled "It's fine as I said we could trade or see each others cards during the Holidays?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Milan hadn't had any luck finding a box of Chocolate Cauldrons, much less a single one that cost a sickle. Scanning the shelves, her eyes caught on a package of Chocolate Frogs, identical to the one she had stolen at Honeydukes when she was younger. She recalled seeing both Chocolate Cauldrons and Chocolate Frogs in the shop; perhaps the Sugar Shack sold imports from Honeydukes? It was the only trace of hope she had so far. She approached the couple with the Chocolate Frog cards. "Excuse me, have you seen any Chocolate Cauldrons around here? I'm kind of in a desperate situation." She needn't add that she had stolen a Chocolate Cauldron and needed a replacement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Malachi smiled pleasantly in response. It wasn't the first time he had heard that question on that day. "Yes, I am." He blushed slightly. "Is it odd that I am going to Beauxbatons instead of a German wizarding school?" He asked, rhetorically.

He grinned as he listened to the girl go on about her collection for a moment. "I do believe this is the start of a beautiful friendship," he noted. "Do you play wizard chess?" He questioned, another popular past time with him. However, before he could go on, another girl interjected.

"Erm, nein...are you in danger?" Kai responded, his brows raising up beneath his bright red hair. The girl had an air of urgency to her speech and Malachi wondered what on earth made her need chocolate cauldrons. "But I am unfamiliar with this shop and only just entered. It is rather large and plentiful, though. I'm sure we could find some somewhere."
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Milan was crestfallen by the boy's response; it seemed like Chocolate Cauldrons were extinct. "Yes, well, I stole a Chocolate Cauldron because I was starving and the person at the table left them there, and I thought one couldn't hurt, but then I realized it likely contained firewhiskey and now Beauxbatons is going to hear about it and I'll get kicked out and I just got my letter...." She realized she was rambling, as she always did in distress, and stopped herself. She was already interrupting in their conversation and stealing; she didn't want to be the frantic nonsensical selfish girl.

"Anyway, I sort of have an addiction to chocolate. I stole a Chocolate Frog when I was little. They made me return the chocolate, but I got to keep the card." Milan looked wistfully at the little chocolate frog sitting on the shelf, coupled with a twinkling card. "I've got Ptolemy, that's my only Chocolate Frog card, I've always wanted to start a collection...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Malachi's brown eyes widened with the girl's tale. He had never stolen anything in his life and never intended on it. He couldn't imagine what compelled her to do so, but nonetheless, he wasn't one to judge and the girl seemed awfully distressed.

"Relax, Fraulein. We will find you those cauldrons," Malachi promised, offering a sheepish smile. He didn't know what to say about the firewhiskey part, either. He was sure it was an accident, though, and surely Beauxbatons wouldn't condemn an incoming student for such an accident.

He started poking around the shop, mistaking cauldron cakes for chocolate cauldrons and frowning at the mix up. Chocolate cauldrons had to be somewhere. "I've got three of him, not to brag." He noted aloud to her, pushing aside some fizzing whisbees to get a better look at another product. "I think it's a fun hobby collecting cards, but Fraulein, promise me you won't add to your collection by stealing." His bottom lip tugged into a somewhat frown. He would hate to have something stolen from himself, therefore he never stole. It just wasn't honest.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 pm

His words made Milan doubt herself. What if she was becoming a thief? She had only stolen twice in her life, but still it was possible. Thankfully, she wouldn't need to steal chocolate at Beauxbatons. This hardly came as reassurance to her at the moment.

"Yes, I would never steal a card, I've only ever stolen chocolate in my life," promised Milan truthfully, but of course it didn't make it alright. Her heart beat rapidly as she pushed through boxes in her search. "I didn't swallow any firewhiskey, I'm just worried they'll find out about the theft. It seemed like such a minor thing at the time, and even though the person left them there, I must replace it." She fished out a Sickle from her clammy hands. "Or perhaps, do you think they will accept a Sickle in exchange?" she asked doubtfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm

"No doubt by now they have noticed the chocolate missing..." Malachi reasoned, which must've done little to ease the fear so obviously rising up in the girl. She sounded so awfully nervous when she spoke. Malachi truly felt sorry for her, despite it being her mistake to start with.

"Well you owe them an apology," He repled. "How would you like it if someone ate your chocolate while you were away?" He added, when suddenly his eyes landed right on the desired item. "Ah!" He pulled out a package of chocolate cauldrons, hidden on the lower shelves. "This will do?" He questioned and handed them to her.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Milan's eyes lit up in delight at the Chocolate Cauldrons. "Yes, thank you so much!" Her face fell as she remembered the single Sickle in her pocket. This was terrible; it was quite unlikely that the shopkeeper would allow her to only buy a single Chocolate Cauldron, which was really all she needed. The last thing she wanted to do was ask the stranger for money to loan, after all he had already done for her.
Which meant, of course, she would have to ask her mother for money, and explain the whole predicament. She sighed, turning towards the stranger apologetically. "Do you mind holding the box for me? I'll be back, I just need to get some more money."
Suddenly, her eyes caught on a shiny gold Galleon on the floor, not far from where they stood. She was tempted to take it, to just crouch down and sweep it into her hands, but she reminded herself of her goal not to steal anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 am

Charlotte had been quietly listening to the conversation between the too people in-front of her. She shook her head "sorry spaced out a little there, no i dont think its weird that you are attending this school instead of a German one" she said with smile, she smirked "yes i do believe it is the start of a beautiful friendship" she said with a laugh.

"well i have heard of wizards chess but i haven't played it yet..." she said with a shrug, she then looked at the girl near them "whats happened?" she asked raising an eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Milan was startled when the girl talked to her. She had been so quiet, Milan had nearly forgotten she was there. "Yes, sorry for intruding on your conversation, I was just asking for the chocolate cauldrons." she said, gesturing to the package. "Quite a long story, but I took a chocolate cauldron and needed to replace it, but this entire place seemed to be devoid of them. I'm not surprised, really, I've only seen them at Honeydukes in Scotland." She decided not to tell the girl how she had stolen a Chocolate Frog there from her visit when she was younger.
When the girl brought up wizard chess, Milan's ears perked. Finally, a magic topic she could relate to, after all day! "Oh, I play wizard chess with my grandfather! I swear, his pieces all hate me, especially the bishops; they always grapple over who has to go on my side."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Charlotte smiled at the girl and shook her head "it's okay, I always like meeting new people and starting new friendships", when the girl stater yes to explain what they were talking about she nodded and said 'hmmm' as she listened.

"You've been to Honeydukes?!" She asked with a big smile "I've been there with mother and father I love it!", Charlotte then laughed when the girl said she thought her grandfathers bishop piece hated her. "I'm sure they don't, deep down they loved being played with I'm sure!" She said reassuringly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Milan smiled, the girl seemed nice. "Thank you, my name is Milan, what's yours?" she asked, the chocolate cauldrons and her mother momentarily forgotten. "I assume you go to Beauxbatons?" She was desperate for more information about the school from fellow students.
"Well, I've only been to Honeydukes once, on a trip to Scotland when I was younger," admitted Milan. "Do you have relatives there? We only went there for a baking convention, for my father." She asked because the girl seemed excited at the mention of Honeydukes, as if she had been there often in the past.
"Why, thank you, but they love being played by everyone else except for me, and I haven't figured out why," replied Milan earnestly. "I suppose they just don't like my personality....but I've never tried to steal them," she added. "You should definitely try playing wizard chess sometime, but not with me, I'm only mediocre at chess and terrible at teaching," she laughed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Charlotte smiled at the girl "Milan? that's a pretty name, My Name is Charlotte. It's a pleasure meeting you" When Milan asked if she attended Beauxbatons charlotte nodded. "Yes, I'm in my second year. It is a very good school well I think it is anyway" she said with a smile 'this girl seems nice..' she thought to herself. "the teachers are friendly and the subjects are really interesting."

"Yes! my grandfather lives up there, my whole family go up there for the whole year, that is when they attend Hogwarts" she said "I love going into Honeydukes! that's where I got addicted to chocolate frogs, and collecting the cards" she said with a laugh "also their sugar quills, they are amazing!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. "Have you ever been to Zonko's Joke shop?"

"Well maybe they are too stubborn, they don't like being played with new people.." Charlotte suggested. "Why would you want to steal chess pieces?" she asked curiously "you seem really nice! I don't know why people wouldn't like you" charlotte said with a reassuring smile. "I will try when school breaks up for the holidays, maybe then we can have a match together? and we can see who is the worse at playing the game?" she suggested with a smile, and a little chuckle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 pm

"Yes, I'm really looking forward to attending Beauxbatons," said Milan to Charlotte. "I'm trying to learn more about the subjects, of course, all of them will be fascinating to me, I don't know as much about magic as others."

"Oh, your family attended Hogwarts? My sister considered transferring there. From my visit there, Scotland is a very nice place. Did you ever live there?"
Milan tried hard to remember her visit to Hogsmeade. "Sorry, I don't remember about sugar quills, but yes I visited Zonko's! I absolutely adored it as a child. I held a Dungbomb," she remembered proudly.

"Yes, well, I sometimes have a reputation for stealing chocolate," she said sheepishly. "Honestly, I didn't know that the person was coming back, so I took one of their chocolate cauldrons! And then I realized he was still there, so I had to hurry and buy these for replacement," she explained, holding up the box of chocolate cauldrons.

"Yes, though I suppose the chess pieces aren't really people, though it's hard to remember that when they kick you," laughed Milan, remembering the incident. "A match sounds wonderful! You'll just need to learn it first, for some people it's really easy, but I can never really get the hang of it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

"I', glad to hear that! it is a really good school, that I think most people misunderstand" she said in a thoughtful voice. "really?! then your going to love all of the lessons! they teach you everything there is to know about a certain aspect of magic" she said with a smile.

Charlotte nodded "yes, I'm the first in my family to attend this school" she said "I'm glad I got accepted here though, I've never really been the one to follow the crowd" she said with a shrug. Charlotte thought for a moment when Milan asked if she had ever lived in Scotland "yes..I think I did when I was one, but then my parents brought a house in Godric's Hallow"

Charlotte laughed "I've held a dungbomb as-well! but I accidentally let it go off.." she rubbed her arm "I didn't mean it, but I got grounded for a good month. But I was only nine at the time" she said with a small smile.

Charlotte raised an eyebrow "you steal chocolate? why do you steal chocolate?" she asked with a chuckle. "Oh merlin!" she exclaimed "your in a predicament there aren't you? I'm surprised he didn't chase they didn't chase you!" she said with a little laugh.

she shook her head "No, I pretty sure chess pieces aren't human people" she said with a smirk. "they kick you?!" she asked amazed. Charlotte nodded enthusiastically when Milan said she was up for a match "EXCELLENT!" she exclaimed, she nodded "I will! don't you worry about that!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Milan raised her eyebrows curiously. "Godric's Hallow? I've heard it's an interesting place. My sister read about it, she's a bookworm. Does the rest of your family still live there?"

When Charlotte told how she let off a dungbomb, Milan laughed good-naturedly. "Wow, I didn't get a chance to let it off before my parents snatched it from me. My father was particularly weary about it, he's a Muggle. He's also slightly weary about me going to Beauxbatons, because he's worried I'll forget all my Muggle studies. But magic is definitely more fun."

"Oh, I've only stolen it once before. On the same trip to Hogsmeade, I stole a Chocolate Frog! They took it away from me, though, and I was three. My parents still hold it against me, whenever they need proof I'm a troublemaker" Milan chuckled. "Oh he hasn't seen me yet. I think he's preoccupied with something else. But it's only a matter of time before he notices a Chocolate Cauldron is missing."

"Once, the Queen did, her kick is particularly strong," admitted Milan, remembering the scene. "Yes, where do you want to have the match? I haven't really planned to go anywhere for the holidays."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Charlotte nodded "Yes, me my mum and dad live there and all my other family members live either in London or Hogsmede" she said with a smile.

When Milan laughed she went red from embarrassment "it was so embarrassing when the bomb went off! everyone was looking at me!", she then giggled "I love seeing Muggle's reactions when they see the magic that was being hid from them" she sighed "I think it's amazing!"

Charlotte went wide eyed and her jaw dropped "you stole a chocolate frog at the age of three?! that's..." she was gob smacked 'how can someone at three easily steal a chocolate frog without the shop keeper notching?!' she thought to herself.

"the queen? well you should replace her or when she is not being played with draw a moustache on her" she said with a giggle. "I'm not doing anything during the holidays either...HEY! I have an idea!" she said with a smirk. "why don't I stay with my grandfather in Hogsmede and we can meet up in the three broomsticks?" she suggested

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:11 pm

"Do you miss living there sometimes?" asked Milan. "I've always wanted to go to London." A lot of her friends had visited there, and they'd always returned with loads of souvenirs for her. Still, it wasn't the same as actually going there.

"Oh, I've had everyone looking at me a lot of times.....and usually not when you want them to....." sighed Milan. "Yes, I'd love to see my father's face if I come back from Beauxbatons, turning teacups into frogs! I just like seeing people surprised, in general."

"I just snatched it off the counter and thought it was mine," replied Milan, trying to remember the vague memory. "Toddler logic. But the shopkeeper did notice it, and he took it away from me. Luckily, he wasn't that mad."

"Nah, my grandfather wouldn't want me to replace her, she's usually fine, and she's an antique. But drawing a moustache on her....perfect!" laughed Milan, already seeing the plan take shape in her mind. "Yes, I'll have to get permission from my parents to go to Scotland. Perhaps I can convince them all to come, but it's unlikely, they're far too busy. Speaking of family, do you go back to Godric's Hallow for summers?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

"No" she said simply "I don't miss living in London at all to be completely honest" she nodded "the souvenirs are great! but it got boring living there, in Godric's Hallow it's really quiet a great place to get work done"

"I hate it when that happens! it's like 'I ddint mean it! please stop looking!'..." she said with a grin. "but you can't do magic outside of school I don't think?" she said raising an eyebrow "but you can show him your work books and the text books you bring home" she said with a smile.

"that's a relief then!" she said with a sigh "If it was me I wold of cried and said I didn't mean it and I will never do it again!" she said "I don't like getting told off much.." she admitted with a shrug.

"you can never say no to grandparents though..." she said with a nod " I know! it just popped into my mind then!" she said with a smirk. "beg...just beg them, persuade them some how, so you can go to Scotland" she said in a pleading voice. "Yes I go back to godric's Hallow" she said with a nod "I love going back there I can read all my books!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 pm

"I've always thought living in London would be exciting," Milan noted curiously. "But my dream is to live in Paris, I live right outside of it so that shouldn't be too hard!" Something just clicked in Milan's mind. "Do you have somewhere to stay in France, when you're not at Beauxbatons?"

"Oh true, no magic....well, I'm sure a little demonstration couldn't hurt," she said dismissively. "Do we really have to bring home our textbooks? Do we have to do homework over holidays? I know my sister does, but she does that kind of stuff for fun."

"I don't like being told off either, but the guy who caught me was pretty friendly. He didn't yell or anything. He even made it seem like a joke." Milan smiled. "I guess that's when I started having a knack for attracting attention."

Milan's mind raced, trying to think of convincing starters for her plea to her parents. "Yes, I'll beg them, I'm sure they'll say yes," she said. "Oh, you like reading books? I'm not much of a reader myself. But Godric's Hallow sounds nice."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 pm

"it is exciting" she said with a little laugh "but when you've been there many times you just get bored of seeing it" Charlotte laughed "I've always wanted to see Paris" when Milan asked if she had anywhere to stay she shook her head "No, I normally stay at the school during the short breaks when my father is busy at the ministry in London" she said "and my Mother works in Hogwarts so I don't see her until summer.." she said sadly.

Charlotte laughed at her questions in a friendly way of course. "I was just like that when I was a first year" she said with a smile "yes you have to do homework over the summer holidays, you have to take home your trunk and all your belongings" she said "and don't think your allowed to show magic to Muggle's on purpose" she said with a small smile.

"that's so lucky!" she said In awe. "when I let off the dung-bomb I was banned for a whole month!" she said with a pout. "the man is still cautious when I'm there now!"

Charlotte smiled "good! this summer may be more eventful than planed!" she said happily. "I love reading books, I've read all the text books for my year already. I nearly know them all off by heart" she said proudly. "it is lovely, you should come visit if your allowed"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum