Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Mystery Book

Go down

Mystery Book Empty Mystery Book

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 pm

The library had to be one of Cassie's favorite places, books were a great way to open up your mind and see something new. The library was the same as always when she entered and set her bag down on an empty table. She was in the desperate need for a new book to read, she had finished all the ones she had and she wanted a new adventure to read about. She began to look through the shelves of books and stopped on an old book. She pulled it from the shelf and examined it. She had been in this library a million times and she had never seen this book.

She turned to someone close by and held up the book for them to see. "Have you ever seen this book before? I've never seen it and I've been in here a lot." She ran her hand along the cover, it was worn and dusty. "Looks like it hasn't been used a lot, but then why have I never seen it before?" She said more to herself than the other person.

Back to top Go down

Mystery Book Empty Re: Mystery Book

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Fiona had always been a great starter of books but never a great finisher. Of all the books she'd ever started reading less than half have ever been read all the way to the end. Usually she'd either misplace it to be found months later (and would have to start all over again) or she'd get bored and read the ending without reading the journey to the end. Since starting at Beauxbatons the only books she'd done any reading in have been dull textbooks and that was only the required reading.

Today, however, she was looking for a replacement copy for her History of Magic text. Her own copy seemed to have grown legs and walked. (Fiona's excuse, not the reality of her situation). Without it she couldn't continue with her ability to pass every subject by the skin of her teeth. So far though the library's copy seemed to have also grown legs and walked.

"Where are you," she muttered. "Come on. Just turn up." In the midle of her hunt Fiona was startled to have a dusty book shoved in front of her face. She looked at it and then at the face of the Cerisier prefect holding it. Fiona shrugged. "Maybe it only shows itself when it wants to be used," she suggested. "A bit like my belongings. They never show when I want them. Just when they're ready to show where they are. Speaking of which have you seen the third year history text around here anywhere?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:27 am

Cassandra was still interested in the book, but she put that aside when the younger girl asked for some help. She was still not used to being a prefect, but she was willing to help even if she wasn't a prefect. "Looking for a textbook, huh? That shouldn't be too hard. Just follow me."

She began to scan the bookshelves and walk around the library. This was harder than she thought, why did a textbook not want to be found? It was a school after all, there were tons of textbooks there! She even resorted to looking under tables and chairs, but there was nothing but chewed gum and old pieces of parchment.

"This textbook doesn't want to be found," Cassie said in defeat. "Maybe they're all checked out." Then it hit her, she still had her books from when she was a third her. "I could always let you borrow my book if you'd like."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm

She nodded and then obeyed the older girl's command. Hopefully there would be a reward for following orders. A copy of the text book would be nice. Then she could go on with the work assigned and thus keep both mother and professor at bay with their demands. Well not perfectly but if mum ever said anything about her results Fiona would just do what she always did and give a scenario of the less pleasant alternative. Failure. It'd always worked in the past and Fiona couldn't see why it wouldn't keep on working.

"Maybe all of the textbooks grew legs and walked," Fiona suggested. That had to mean the rest of her class would have the same problem as herself. That made her feel just that little bit less alone in her troubles. "It's not going to be something I can't find any information for answering questions about third year stuff is it?" It was a very nice offer but Fiona wasn't sure at all if the prefect was offering a text at her own year level or Fiona's year level. It paid to be cautious sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:16 am

"If that was the case then no wonder we can't find any," she giggled, but that was probably not the case at all and they were just checked out. "And someone would be in trouble for casting such a spell." She could just imagine a book growing legs and walking away, that would be a sight to see. "Are you sure you don't want to use my book? I still have all my old text books in case I need to look back at them for references."

Cassie could be classified as a nerd and read her text books for fum when there was nothing else to do. She had read them about a million and one times and she was perfectly fine with letting someome borrow her things as long as she got them back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:51 am

"You do?" she asked in surprise. "Well in that case then I'll very much welcome using your third year one if you have it." That was a relief. She could, hopefully, keep up her average grade and thus keep her parents off her back for another year. There was only one little problem she could see with borrowing someone else's book but Fiona thought she might know a way around that problem. "Just one thing. I might have to only use it if you're there at the table as well. Otherwise I might lose it in the same place where I lost mine. Have you work you need to get done here in the library?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down