Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Studying= Student + Dying

Go down

Studying= Student + Dying Empty Studying= Student + Dying

Post by Osmund Hollow Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 pm

With the end of the year coming around and no more Quidditch to be concerned about, Osmund's worries suddenly became consisted of studying for exams. Though he was one year short of having to take the most intimidating OWLs standardized tests, that didn't mean he didn't have exams to worry over in his fourth year. He knew he'd do swimmingly in DADA, having always done in his years prior and was not concerned with many of his other classes, but it seemed that Herbology was always his weakest point. There was something that he didn't understand about taking care of living things that didn't have exact set instructions as to how to do so. He found that plant instructions were more like guidelines and often varied with each plant, which always threw him for a loop and made him do poorly in that class. This made him very concerned for that exam in particular.

There was only one person Osmund could think of for a suitable study partner. Xavior was absolutely out of the question because the boy wildly confused him and that would be a distraction and Osmund had slightly been avoiding him somewhat so he could have some time to think. Well, he did think and came up with a solution, but he didn't dare say anything about it to anyone. Not yet anyway. He didn't know or like Linette well enough to invite her to study, not to mention the fact that she would probably talk during the whole study session, so he was left to Christian; his usual study partner. He invited the Cerisier to join him and was actually counting on him taking up on the invite. Studying and homework sessions with Christian often led to Oz talking about things he normally wouldn't with Chris. It was somewhat therapeutic and there was definitely some things he needed to get off of his chest at that moment.

He positioned himself politely in the seat as he fumbled with some Herbology textbooks. He didn't remember if he had taken the care to mention that was the subject or not, but was hoping that Chris would come anyway because they were something like friends and really Christian owed him after all of that nasty name calling he did after Montagnard won their first game and, more importantly, how he denied Osmund's scarcely given hugs. He wasn't that upset with Chris about the things mentioned prior, but he would definitely hold it against Chris, if it came down to it.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Sagittarius Posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Studying= Student + Dying Empty Re: Studying= Student + Dying

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Quidditch was over and Cerisier hadn't done so well, something Christian was all to ready to move on from and forget, even if he did try to be happy for his friend. He found the best ways to keep his mind off of the losing streak his team was developing, was studying for the final exams that were quickly approaching. The harder the class the better it was at keeping him distracted fro many quidditch thoughts. Classes such as, DADA and Potions gave him the most trouble so those are the ones he has been working on for the past few days. Though after being locked away in his room, with even his own dorm mate trying to avoid talking to him, he was starting to get bored and even a bit lonely. Growing up the way he did he didn't get lonely much, but perhaps that meant he was finally growing from that. He couldn't think of anything else to do to keep his mind off of the last two matches, lucky for him something came up that would solve all his problems. Osmund had asked is he would meet him in the library for a study session, which would relieve him of his loneliness and boredom but still keep him studying and distracted.

Christian went up to the library at the agreed time and quickly found the table he usually sat at, and the one him and Oz had used before for similar meetings. Low and behold that is exactly where he found the boy. The Cerisier couldn't remember what subject he had said before so he had simply brought all his books, making his bag heavy and the first thing to be placed on the table with a thunk. The first thing from his mouth before even a proper greeting was, "Is this gonna become an annual thing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Osmund had been thumping through a herbology textbook when he heard the all familiar voice of Christian ring out. He looked up from the book, raising an eyebrow as his eyes met his friends. "Well, you see, we have these exams at the end of every year," Osmund wised. "I didnt mean to inconvenience you or anything, you're highness." He then kicked out a seat for Christian to take.

"We're going to be studying herbology, if you don't mind," he started, looking at how Chris was over prepared with just about every subject. So maybe he had forgotten to mention what subject they were going to be doing. Nonetheless, he didnt need the studying nearly as much as he needed to talk to Christian about something else.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Christian had started pulling out some of his books to lighten the load of the bag when Osmund responded. The boy cocked an eyebrow in response, "I never said you were inconveniencing me, grumpy. I just didn't know I was your go to guy for end of the year exams every year. Next year you should wake up on the other side of the bed though." He said with a small smirk before taking the seat his friend had kicked at him.

He pulled out the herbology book when he was told that was what they were doing. This class was on of Christian's easiest but he didn't really mind working on it since it was still studying and would have the same distraction effect. "Herbology it is then, though this probably won't take that long. Unless you wanted to go over another subject later." He said simply making conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 pm

"I don't know, maybe it's because I actually like you," osmund replied, acting like it was obvious, though his relationship with Christian had always been complicated by the fact that while osmund enjoyed his mate's company, he was also wildly jealous of the boy. "When do I ever wake up on the right side of the bed," osmund said, but he was actually joking and offered out a small smile.

Osmund had his textbook ready for studying, but Christian brought up the point that they weren't limited to one subject. Osmund nervously took this as an opportunity to relay some of his true motives for calling Christian there in the first place. "Actually, if you don't mind, could we also talk about relationships as well as herbology?" He felt his heart pounding in his chest. At some point last year, in this very same spot, the two boys shared a conversation about Osmund's not exactly traditional friendship with Xavior. Back then, there was something Chris wanted to say, but he never did and since then, osmund had figured out just what it was he wanted to say. For some reason, Osmund felt obligated to tell him that he was right. He needed someone to know, and he figured Chris was where he was going to start.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 pm

As silly and childish as it sounds Christian actually smiled and felt happier after hearing Osmund answer with it's because he actually likes him. Christian had considered the dark haired boy one of his closest friends but he has never been quite sure how he felt about him. Sometimes it seemed like he simply put up with the Cerisier being around. He chuckled at his friends answer about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. He had to admit he much preferred the mood of the conversation this time compared to the last time they had been at this table.

As soon as that thought crossed his mind though the long haired boy said that he wanted to talk about relationships again as well as the herbology. That was the same topic that had put the boy in a situation where what Oz really wanted him to say was something he didn't want to hear him say. He sincerely hoped he wasn't asking for his opinion again and now he was asking for his advice about a girl or at least a guy if that's what he decided. He just hoped his friend had decided on his own and he wasn't asking for Christian to tell him kind of. "Yeah sure that's fine. That seems to be all I'm good for besides studying anyways. Maybe I should join the paper and make a ask Christian section for relationships." He said teasingly, hoping to keep the mood light instead of intimidating like it was last time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Osmund chuckled at Christian's joke about him writing a relationship column for the paper. "Yeah, a relationship advice column written by a boy who won't even tell his mate that he's gay..." He joked back, a bit seriously and then looked at Chris. "That was what you wanted to say to me last time we were both here, wasn't it?"

Osmund wasn't stupid. He was very intelligent and an excellent student, though quite naive when it came to people relations, crippled by the way he was raised. He was always taught to keep his emotions hidden and it seemed to him, growing up, that what he wanted never really mattered. His life was to be decided by his father and if he didn't like it, he could try to rebel, but there was a lot at stake for him. Osmund supposed that was why he didn't want to admit it at first that he had feelings for his mate. He knew his father would never approve of him, being that he didn't even have a worthy blood status, and figured he'd get over it. He never did. Not all year, no matter how much Osmund attempted to avoid Xavior and even when he stopped those kissing practices with him. But he had thought about it and he now he knew the truth. "You could've told me..." And saved him some of the trouble.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Christian smiled at Osmund's answered, "Well I wouldn't have to see them in person through the paper..." He answered before trailing off at the end realizing what was said. He was pretty sure his best mate just came out to him, not that he hadn't already pretty much knew for a year now. He stayed silent for a moment after he asked if that's what it was he was trying to tell him last time before simply nodding. "Yeah." He answered in slightly quieter voice. He wasn't sure if the boy was upset with him now for not simply telling him before or not. At the time it seemed quite clear that that was the last thing he wanted to hear from one of his mates.

He gave the boy a small crooked smile at his next words. "You say that now. Maybe you remember last year differently but from my end of the conversation that was the last thing you wanted to hear. I hinted at it as much as I dared, and even just with those hints I thought you were going to tear my head off." He told the boy with a slight tone of amusement, maybe a bit forced in the now serious conversation. In the silence his mind took him back to the cafe earlier this year where his other mate had kissed him, leading to an awkward situation of hurt feelings. "Wait...you're not going to try to kiss me too now are you?" He asked cautiously. He wasn't sure he could handle another round of those kinds of hurt feelings from yet another friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Osmund laughed, but it was a slightly irritated laugh. To say in the least, Christian didnt say 'I told you so' but then again, he couldn't say that because he never did tell him so. "You were afraid I'd tear your head off?" He half laughed at that. "Even I have some morals!" He didnt think he had been that bad, but maybe, looking back, he hasn't been as open to the idea a he had thought he had been. He eased up a bit. "Alright so you're right about two things," he folded his arms across his chest. At least Chris knew it now.

"Why would you say that?" Osmund raised an eyebrow. It sounded like Chris really didnt want him to kiss him, and Osmund didn't blame him. It just felt awkward when you kissed someone you didn't like. Osmund learned his lesson from kissing Annaliese like that. But after all, Chris was the one who was too scared for his own hide to tell him what took about a year for him to figure out by himself. Chris deserved to be a little miffed, like he had been. Osmund smiled mischiously. Chris was quite a handsome man and he couldn't help but wonder what those lips tasted like. He held Chris' face in his hand and leaned forward, closing in space. He was practiced enough to know how to kiss well and Oz was going to make it good. He pressed his lips against Christian's moving them gently, and caressed his face. He humored himself by even letting his tongue slide into Chris' mouth for a moment before pulling away. "Now we are even," he said, blushing ever so slightly from kissin Chris. He couldn't say he didnt enjoy that.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 am

Christian watched his friends closely, his green eyes flickering around the boy's face. He had laughed but it had seemed off, had he gone and upset the boy once again. The Cerisier found the boy to be one of the hardest people to read, not that he was skilled in the art for much like books he was a picky reader. He chuckled a bit at his answer about the head tearing, "well not literally of course but I don't think you know how intimidating you can get." He said with a smirk remembering the conversation from the year before. Christian had actually been afraid to look up from his his paper to look at his friend at that point the way he was snapping at him.

When he was questioned about why he'd ask about the possibility of his friend kissing him, he paused before answering not sure if Xavior would want him to know. He decided it couldn't hurt but when he started to open his mouth to explain he was surprised to find Osmund's hands on his face with his closing in. Before he knew it Oz's lips were on his pressing against his. That wasn't what surprised him most, for the question was sure to be the cause of this now, what surprised him most was finding his own lips moving against his friend's as if they had a mind of their own. At least that was the most surprising part, until he found Oz's tongue slipping into his mouth. That part didn't last very long though before the whole kiss was over. Even once his friend was back in his seat Christian was silent from shock. Finally he was able to compose himself to say something. "Not sure how that makes us even since I've never done that. But I was going to say I asked because that's precisely what Xavior did before, though he seemed quite upset afterwards, how 'bout you?" He asked curiously, confused as to why he was searching for a reason to initiate another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 am

Osmund knew he thought Christian was a beautiful man, often finding himself envying the boy's good looks, but he had never considered that he actually fancied the boy until he kissed him. It actually felt pretty good kissing Chris and he had to tell himself to pull away to make sure he wasn't starting to get creepy. If he didnt, he would've continued. He wasn't going to tell Chris that. Chris already made it apparent he didnt like Osmund like that and Oz could respect that, though he couldn't stop himself from blushing as he tried to keep his act cool.

"It makes up for you being a bloody coward and not telling me!" Osmund replied, wanting to make that much clear. He was shocked to hear that Xavior had done this to Chris before and couldn't help but let his mind wander to imagine what that looked like. He felt sort of jealous in the weird sense that it wasn't that Xavior was kissing someone else. It was the fact that he wasn't somewhat involved in that. He chuckled at his own stupidity and shook his head. You're a greedy little prick, osmund, he told himself.

He then remembered that Christian had asked him a question, which insinuated that Xavior didn't take the rejection well. That was too bad. Oz would've comforted him if he needed it. But how was Oz doing? That was an excellent question. "I'm feeling fantastic after that delicious snog," he didnt know why, but he then winked at Christian. This was considered flirting, wasn't it? It sure was fun and maybe he could get another kiss out of it. Probably not but a boy could dream.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 am

Christian's mind was reeling, he wasn't even sure what to think anymore. He was confused as to why he felt like this after Oz kissed him but was unfazed by Xavior's. Perhaps it was because Xavior had done it in the middle of a crowded coffee shop in front of everyone and Oz had done it in the very back of a not crowded library. He didn't really have different feelings for either of them, at least not that he was aware of, yet here he was fumbling with his thoughts from this. Could it be the way Oz went about it was different changing how he felt about it, or maybe that now that this was his second kiss from a friend. He couldn't think of anything he was sure about. All he knew was that these two were his friends and that was as far as his feelings went for them, or did they.

His mind stopped it's craziness when Oz spoke up saying that made them even for him being too scared to tell his friend the truth. He had to admit that it was still confusing him as to how his cowardice and Oz's surprise snog were close enough to even them out. He didn't say anything about it though not really wanting to press the topic of his cowardice more.

He wasn't sure why but when Oz responded with 'feeling fantastic after that delicious snog'  and a wink he smiled. He should be telling him that that was the last he'd get or something like that, anything but what he said next. "That's pretty high standards. Let's see if I can meet them." With no apparent control over his own body Christian leaned in to press his lips against Oz's. At first it was very light and short as if brushing his lips across his friends when he was starting to realize what he was doing, but by then he decided if he was going to go for it he might as well do it right. So after a very short pause he pressed his lips against Osmund's again, still softly but longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 am

Osmund couldn't help but feel they had gotten extremely off topic. He had casually invited Christian here to admit to him that he was gay and then to study for the upcoming exams, kissing Christian wasn't on the agenda and so far they had gotten absolutely no studying done. After he broke off the kiss, he sat back in his seat and pulled the textbook closer to him, preparing to actually study. He had just been playing when he flirted with Christian before. He didn't actually think Christian would do what he did next. It was Osmund's turn to be surprised.

The words Christian had said didn't make much sense until the boy was right up in his face and kissing him gently. Osmund's hazel eyes widened in shock as it was the last thing he had expected from Christian. If he had a better grip on the situation, he would have made a joke about how Christian could do better than that as soon as he had pulled away, but Osmund was left struck dumb, his eyes wide and his lips parted, unable to produce words. But as if Christian was reading Osmund's mind, suddenly Christian kissed him again, this time longer. Osmund kissed him back, bringing a hand up to snake through Christian's hair, playing with his short brunette locks. He felt tingles in his stomach as he moved his lips against Christian's and felt almost sad when the kiss finally ended.

Osmund paused, once again unable to speak. He hadn't a clue what just happened there. Was Christian into guys as well? Or was he just curious? Maybe he was just being an ass to Osmund, in retaliation for all of those times Osmund was on to him. He didn't understand what brought on that kiss and didn't know how to ask Christian. The only thing he knew was how much he enjoyed the kiss and how much he wanted more of them in the future.

"Damnit Christian! That was your punishment! You weren't supposed to enjoy it!" Osmund said, once words came back to his mouth. It was true. The only reason why Osmund kissed him in the first place was to punish him for not telling him he was gay, but if Christian was starting kisses with him now, that must've meant he enjoyed kissing Osmund. Osmund shifted the paper in front of him, avoiding meeting gaze with Christian. "Plus I like Xavior," His face was burning red. He already knew he fancied one of his best mates, he didn't think until now that he possibly fancied both of them.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm

There were simply no words for what was happening. Moments ago Christian's mind had been a crazy jumbled mess of confusing thoughts and feelings but now it was completely blank. During the actual kiss the boy couldn't think of anything, he didn't know how he felt about it or even his thoughts on what was happening. He fished around his head for a single train of thought, and when his friend started playing with his hair during the kiss even that was impossible. It was as if his mind was a completely blank room and he was standing in the middle stranded and confused. Finally the gears started turning again and he pulled back and look straight down at his paper, breathing a bit heavier.

So plants, those sounded like a fun topic now. He thought looking down at his book, not daring to meet Oz's eyes after that. He did look up though when the silence was finally broken. He chuckled at his friends words as if the idea they suggested was completely impossible, though there was still an edge to his voice after that kiss that Osmund could probably hear. "Don't be ridiculous! That was just to make us truly even. Oh and if this is something you talk to Xavior about, you tell him I reacted the same way to you as I did him, understand, please." He said dismissively. However uninterested he tried to sound he still ducked under the table to reach into his bag, for an item he didn't need, to hide the slight reddening of his cheeks when Oz said he wasn't even interested in him. "Now on to more important topics, Herbology exams!" He said pulling out a quill and looking at his textbook.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down