Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

#2: Time to Dance

2 posters

Go down

#2: Time to Dance Empty #2: Time to Dance

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Malachi was nervous about the dance. Sure, he knew how to dance. His Papa made sure he knew how to dance so when he got old enough and found a girl he fancied, he'd be able to dance with her. Dancing wasn't what made him nervous about it all. It was the fact that this was the last major date he'd have with Rosalie for awhile. She was graduating at the end of this year and then he wouldn't be able to see her as much. She'd probably find someone she liked better than him and then it would be all over. He needed a little pep talking and the person that fit the bill was his best mate Ryan.

He had asked Ryan to get ready for the dance with him and was happy that he had agreed. He knew there wasn't much preparation they needed to do; get dressed and maybe tidy their hair, but he needed the emotional support that could come from Ryan.

Kai had been waiting and as soon as he heard the knock on his door, he rushed to open it. "Hasi! Come in! Come in!" He greeted and stood aside so Ryan could enter. He wasn't even in his dress robes yet. The homemade dress robes of warm colors hung over the side of his bed. "I guess I should've gotten dressed first," he said, hesitantly.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

#2: Time to Dance Empty Re: #2: Time to Dance

Post by Ryan Green Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:36 pm

The Valentine's dance was coming up and now that he was a sixth year Ryan could participate in the dance. He was getting older and it seemed like just yesterday that he was riding in the carriage for the first time with Stark by his side. Now Stark was gone and Ryan was left to do things on his own. He couldn't blame his brother for leaving home so he couldn't be too mad. But there was a slight change in his personality, he was making such great progress too. He was back to square one, he was back to his mean ways. Of course, he wasn't mean to Malachi or Harley. Harley was his girlfriend and he liked Malachi way too much to ever be bitter to him again. He didn't like the way they had met and chose not to remember it because he had been so mean. Anyone else got to see his mean side whether they liked it or not. He had his reasons to be mean.

But tonight he would be on his best behavior and try to get along with other people. It was Valentine's Day after all and people were supposed to be nice on that day. He was asked to meet Kai at his dorm to get ready. He had already put on his dress robes, his parents had gotten him new ones and sent them a week before. He ran his hand over the black fabric before knocking on his friend's door. It didn't take long for him to open the door. "You probably had a lot on your mind, you seem to be running all over the place," he replied back with a small grin.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Malachi had closed the door after Ryan had entered to give them some privacy and then turned his back on Ryan as he started unbuttoning his shirt. He was prude when it came to exposing himself and often waited until Phillip left the room before changing each morning before class. He wasn't just going to kick Ryan out though, so he quickly worked all the buttons through their holes and dropped the shirt neatly aside before putting on the white shirt of his dress robes and colorful vest and blazer over it.

"I'm afraid I've been a bit absent minded," he explained. "I am worried about tonight. Rosalie and I are to attend together but what if this is the last date we ever have?" He worked off his trousers and put on the crisp brown dress pants. "She is graduating a few months from now, so what if she wants to pursue other men?" He buttoned the pants and zipped them up, then addressed a pair of argyle socks, working them onto his feet. "Last year, Rosalie confessed that her feelings for me were strong. I don't know if she truly felt that she was in love with me at the time or still does feel that way, but I am so horribly confused. I do not know what to expect of this night," he confided. He hadn't told anyone about what Rosalie said to him before. On the day of the event, he had returned quietly to his dorm and spoke no more of it. Now it troubled him greatly. Maybe because he had answered that his feelings, though strong, were not the same, she was losing interest in him and would want to be free as soon as she graduated. Malachi sat down on the bed to tie his shoes. "I apologize for whining so, but I am very nervous."
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Malachi went on about how nervous he was and how he didn't want things to end like they had on one of their dates. Even though Ryan wanted to say something about what he had told him, he kept his mouth shut. He walked a thin wire when it came to talking about Rosalie, he wanted to bad talk the girl but he cared about Kai and his feelings. If he talked shit about his girlfriend then he would get upset with him and out of all the people in the world he never wanted his best friend to be upset with him. "You'll be great," he said. He couldn't say the same for Rosalie. He had met her before and he thought she was a big ball of dramatic. How Kai got mixed into all that he'd never know. All he could do was wish him luck and hope that he didn't get hurt.

Ryan should have looked away when Malachi began to change into his dress robes. But his eyes wouldn't look away. He cleared his throat after a moment and looked away, his face grew warm. "I wouldn't worry about anything, Kai. It's a dance, it's supposed to be fun. And if anything happens, come find me. I'll make your night." He would still have Harley there so he couldn't leave her but the three of them could have a great night. "If you don't feel the same way then you don't have to say anything. You're not ready and she shouldn't pressure you into anything you don't want to do. If you're not ready for love then it's whatever. If she doesn't understand that then she's not worth your time."
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Malachi fell quiet as Ryan spoke. He knew he could count on Ryan of all people. The boy was his best friend and the two of them had been through a lot together. However, he still felt that something wrong feeling. He didn't want it to have to come to him bothering Ryan during the dance when the other boy most definitely would want to spend the night alone with Harley.

He was dressed now and probably ready to go, but he didn't want to leave yet to pick Rosalie up. He continued to sit on the bed and stared past Ryan at the wall. "I know I must sound silly, but I always thought that when I met the person I was meant to be with, I'd just know," Malachi sighed heavily. He didn't need to clarify that that had not been the case with Rosalie. He was incredibly intrigued by the witch upon first meeting her, but his feelings towards her had to develop for them to reach this point and even now he was still dubious of their match. "Maybe I should stop being daft and give up on this idea of a fairytale romance," He uttered bitterly before dropping to lay down on the bed. He was probably wrinkeling his robes, but he didn't care.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:40 am

Ryan took a seat on the bed across from Malachi after a couple more minutes of standing. It didn't look like they were leaving just yet and he didn't want to go either. His friend continued to talk about love and fairy tales. He had found out about Kai's wishes in the wrong way, it was something he didn't want or like to talk about. He didn't have to remind him of his belief in true love and happy endings. But he listened anyways. "Does anyone really know? Sure, I'm dating Harley but I don't know how long it will last or if we'll end up getting married or some shit. But that's what's great about it, you don't know what's going to happen." It was also a scary part about being in a relationship but he wasn't about to say anything that could upset his best friend.

"You believe in whatever you want to believe in," he said softly after waiting a moment to see if Malachi would say anything else. "I think it's pretty freaking cool that you believe in that stuff 'cause most people don't and it really is a good thing to believe in." He didn't believe in it himself but he was happy that Kai did. "Maybe, just maybe, you haven't found your fairy tale romance yet and you don't know if you've met that person yet. You never really know who you're supposed to be with unless you give it a try." Did he believe that Malachi should be with Rosalie? Hell no. But he wasn't going to say that. "Just give it some time and your feelings stay the same for Rosalie, meaning you don't love her or whatever, then I think you should move on." He couldn't carry on the relationship if he was unhappy just to make the girl happy.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down