Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Not Much of a Sweet Tooth

Go down

Not Much of a Sweet Tooth Empty Not Much of a Sweet Tooth

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Gi Eun wasn't much of a sweet tooth. Her mother hadn't been too fond of giving the small girl any as a five year old and when she came to the St. Holmes's, they weren't very big on sweets either. Though one nice little memory she had of her father was sneaking her licorice wands when her mother wasn't looking. Gi hadn't had them in years, so she snuck off to find the nearest candy shop. She wandered into The Sugar Shack and was in awe of the place. It was pretty crazy filled with all the sugary snacks and treats. Gi was distracted by one of the displays when she bumped into someone. She jumped back and immediately began apologizing. "Oh, goodness gracious, I am so sorry. I didn't hurt you did I?"

Back to top Go down

Not Much of a Sweet Tooth Empty Re: Not Much of a Sweet Tooth

Post by Autumn Krischstein Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Autumn had one favorite candy. Two if she were being completely honest. There were these amazing little Leonidas white chocolate ball shaped candies and a ridiculous American candy called a Kit Kat. But those were both birthday and St. Nick presents. She absolutely had to answer one question: What do wizards eat for candy?

So she went into the Sugar Shack and admired all of the brightly wrapped candies and the aroma of each one. She didn't touch, but she inspected as closely as she could.

She had stopped to admire a little toy when someone backed into her. She stumbled a bit, but wasn't hurt. "Sorry!" she said nearly at the same time as the girl before her. "I'm well," Autumn assured. "Are you?"
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Gi looked mortified that she had yet again crashed into someone. She sighed in relief when the girl said she was alright and quickly nodded. “Yes, yes I’m fine. I’m so sorry, I get distracted so easily.” Gi Eun admitted sheepishly. “Are you a first year as well?” She asked curiously. The girl seemed about the same age as her, so she was either a first or second year most likely. Maybe this would be a new friend she would make as well! This had never come easily to her before, so she was probably being way too hopeful. Gi chewed on her lip as she waited for what the girl had to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

"Good," Autumn said, also relieved. She smiled. "Don't be sorry. Being distracted happens to everyone. I also wasn't paying much attention. I was in the literal 'kid in a candy store' state of mind. This is a fun little place, huh?" Autumn asked, looking up at the shelves lined with toys and candy.

"I am a first year at Beauxbatons. I'm a little bit anxious, though. I've never been around magic before. Do you come from a wizarding home?" Autumn questioned. She was genuinely curious. She hoped it wouldn't hurt the girl's feelings to ask.

"Oh, my name is Autumn, by the way," she stated. She didn't know if wizarding folks shook hands, so she just held them behind her back.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Gi Eun giggled slightly and nodded. She just felt like she was one to get too distracted most of the time. “I feel the same way! It’s really interesting and I feel like I have a sugar rush just standing in here.” She laughed.

“I’m a little anxious too. I know a bit about magic because of my parents and siblings. So, yeah, I come from a wizarding home. You don’t?” She asked with a tilt of her head.

“Gi Eun.” She replied with a small smile and held her hand out for a handshake. “You can call me ‘Gi’ if you prefer.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 am

"I know for a fact that I have a sugar rush," Autumn said smiling. "I was looking at all the colors."

"I do not come from a wizarding home. My dad is a wizard and my mom is some sort of person with a little bit of magic, but not much. But they live like Muggles. I never even knew magic existed,"

Autumn felt a little bit of embarrassment. Everyone she had met at least knew about magic. She seemed to be the only one who didn't.

"Nice to meet you, Gi," Autumn replied. She shook Gi's hand, thankful that wizards still did some Muggle things.

"So do you know anything about Beauxbatons?" Autumn asked.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

“The colors are pretty great.” Gi Eun nodded in agreement. It was such a colorful little place filled with hundreds of different kinds of candies, chocolates, really anything sweets related you could think of. Pretty crazy stuff.

She nodded. “That’s quite alright, some people’s families just operate differently. But, at school you’ll learn all sorts of things.” Gi smiled reassuringly at the girl. “It’s very nice to meet you as well.” Once they finished shaking hands, her returned back to her side; one of them playing with the material of her skirt.“I have two older siblings that attend Beauxbatons, so I know a little bit about it. Just the basics and all.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:05 pm

"I suppose. They're my family, regardless of what they do," Autumn agreed. It was mostly for her benefit. She learned something new and intended to keep it in her memory.

"Most people I've met say they don't know much about Beauxbatons. Or if they know anything, they say it's something that you have to experience for yourself. It's not really helpful information, in my opinion," Autumn said. She was beginning to lose what little patience she had with Beauxbatons already. She had to stay in this dumb little town. And school was practically an eternity away. "I'm just ready to go to school right now," she admitted.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Gi Eun nodded as she listened to what the other girl said. She remembered little of her birth parents. But she recalled her father creating little dancing orbs of light. So, if they were alive; her family would’ve been pretty immersed into the magical lifestyle.

She nodded. It made sense what Autumn said to her. “Gotta keep the experience magical, y’know?” Gi giggled, trying to make a pun and probably just looking a ninny. “No, that’s not too helpful, my sister, Melody, told me a bit about the school. So, at least I know what to expect.” She shrugged slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Autumn let out one big laugh. She  stopped herself quickly. She knew her voice would echo off the walls of the shop. Corny jokes were her favorite. "I guess I shouldn't  complain too much."

"I wish my sister would be good help. But in her defense, she is only three months old," Autumn joked. 

She felt a pang of homesickness by mentioning Marli. She wouldn't get to see her grow up over the year. She'd have to remind her parents to send her tons of photos.

Autumn would just have to wait. If it were possible. "What are you most looking forward to?" she asked Gi.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Gi Eun giggled when Autumn laughed out loud at her terrible pun. Well, at least she made someone laugh. She shrugged at her other coment. “Complaining is a natural reaction is all. You’re fine.” She smiled gently. “Aw, you have a baby sister? I just have two older siblings and one younger. We’re all around the same age.” She explained softly. What was Gi looking forward to? She wasn’t even sure. Gi chewed on her lip then shrugged. “I’m not really sure honestly. Maybe the classes and learning spells and things like that. I don't know. Do you have something you’re looking forward to?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:09 pm

"Yeah," Autumn replied. "Her name is Michelle Marli, but we call her Marli. She's so cute!" Autumn was totally gushing about her baby sister. She loved talking about Marli more than she liked talking about herself. But maybe that was how all sisters felt about their baby siblings. "Sometimes I wish I had older siblings. Are they old enough to babysit you?"

"I'm not sure. All the classes seem fun. Except Herbology. I just don't understand. Like growing carrots with eyes and a mouth.?" Autumn shook her head. "I still don't understand the whole magic thing. I guess it's a 'seeing is believing thing."
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down