Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

AMC Meeting: Photographs

2 posters

Go down

AMC Meeting: Photographs Empty AMC Meeting: Photographs

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Ruby was a seventh year so this was her last year as leader of Art and Music Club. She wanted to do something special for her last year so she asked her papa for some extra money. She went to the Village with a purpose to buy cameras from the muggle shop. They were the ones where you had to go somewhere to get them developed, they would do nicely. She got as many as there were members. And she would let them keep their cameras after the meeting had ended. She sent a note to each member telling them to meet her on the school grounds. She would give the lm the freedom to explore and take pictures of anything that interested them.

As members began tl show up, she handed each a camera. This is a muggle camera. When you take pictures they don't move. So, I I iwant everyone to take pictures of anything that interests them. You have the freedom to go wherever you like as long as you stay on the grounds. Have fun."

Back to top Go down

AMC Meeting: Photographs Empty Re: AMC Meeting: Photographs

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Marceline was nervous about her first AMC meeting. She wasn't particularly good at art and only really good at listening to music, rather than making it. Why had she joined a club with things she was hardly good at? Because she fancied the club's leader and wanted to spend more time with her.

Marceline approached the small mob where the rest of the club had gathered. She spotted bright blue hair among the group and smiled as she knew she was in the right place then. She assimilated among the rest of the club and listened to Ruby explain their activity.

She knew how muggle camera's worked. She lived with muggle equipment and when she wasn't at school, she did everything by hand, because Agatha had been informed that students weren't allowed to do magic outside of school and thus reinforced it in her home. Nonetheless, it was nice to know that for once Marceline was more familiar with something than the people around her. She accepted the camera and as the rest of the group disbanded to their own section of the grounds to take pictures of flowers or bugs or whatever, Marceline wanted to capture something more beautiful than those mentioned before.

"Smile," She said, pressing the snap button on the camera and capturing a picture of a surprised Ruby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Since the summers were boring without his brother, Ryan took up looking for hobbies. His parents did all they could to make their little baby happy, even if it meant buying him things. He didn't ask for much though, they were the ones that kept insisting on buying him things. He had tried out many things but nothing satisfied him, nothing could take his mind off of his reality. Lately everything he did was done in a down way, he hardly smiled.

At the meeting, he stood with his arms crosses and camera in his hands. He had never taken pictures with a muggle camera before so this was going to be interesting. He listened the leader, Ruby, talk about what they were going to do. They were given the freedom to go wherever they wanted so Ryan just walked around and took pictures of random things. This was actually a bit fun.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Though photography wasn't the teens thing, she knew she was going to enjoy herself. This was her last meeting after all and things just had to be perfect. Usually meetings went the way the young woman wanted but anything could happen. She was lost in her thoughts when Marcy began talking. She turned her head, "Huh?" Her eyes went wide as the other girl took a picture of her. "I wasn't ready!" She ran a hand through her blue hair as an attempt to fix it. "I want a do over." She knew that Marcy wouldn't just retake the picture because she wanted her to.

"I probably looked so weird," she grumbled but then began to giggle. She held up her camera and snapped a picture of the beautiful girl. "Come on, I know a place," she grabbed Marcy's hand and pulled her towards some tall trees. "Very pretty in autumn," she said softly. Fall was her favorite season and she loved the views that came along with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 am

Malachi always liked art and music. It was why he was in the club in the first place. He wasn't too familiar with photography, but figured it couldn't be horribly hard to learn. At least he was eager enough to try, as he accepted the camera from his sister and went on his way.

It was fall and nature was incredibly beautiful that day. Malachi captured trees with leaves the color of fire. He got up close pictures of a beetle he spotted on the bark of the tree. He took photos of footprints and, looking up, he spotted the one who made them. Ryan was nearby, looking like he was enjoying himself with the task. Malachi didn't want to disturb him though. Ryan had been moodier than usual so Malachi knew something was up. Interrupting his friend while he was so peaceful seemed rude to him. He decided to snap a photo of the misty blue sky instead.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 am

Christine had wanted to join the Art and Music club ever since she first heard of it but with her sister in the club she decided it might be best if she stayed well away. Now that Stephanie had graduated Christine felt she had the freedom to join any club she wanted and that meant the Art and Music Club.

It was a bitter disappointment to learn they were to do photography for this meeting. How dull an idea that was. She loved to have her picture taken. There was no disputing that but these cameras were the type she was familiar with. If they were to take photos at all she would have loved for it to be with a wizarding camera with moving pictures. Christine knew of those but had never seen one up close but instead she had a camera similar to the ones her father and oldest sister had back home.

The fifth year took the camera handed out to her as graciously as she could. No matter how disappointing this was she had to participate. The question was, what to take a picture of?

She held up the camera and glanced around before pointing it upwards to the trees losing their leaves. The camera was lowered again as she changed her mind. Christine turned and walked up to Malachi. "Malachi," she said, "would you like to have your photo taken?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:45 pm

It was worth not giving Ruby any warning before taking the picture. The look on Ruby's face, though not graceful, was absolutely precious and animated. Marceline chuckled as she watched the expression change on the girl's face and laughed even harder as Ruby demanded a do over.

"Too late," Marceline sung, wagging a finger at the girl. Now that Ruby was actually prepared, she wasn't interested in taking any fair pictures of her. "You always look weird. You've got blue hair," Marceline pointed out, allowing her picture to be taken, but refusing to smile for it. She accepted Ruby's hand and followed her to whatever spot she wanted to explore next. "But fortunately I'm a bit of a freak and I really like that about you," she added, as an afterthought.

They were by some trees with leaves slowly dying with colors that screamed for help. Marceline liked fall. Not so much because of the aesthetic of shades of orange or the crisp weather, but because of Halloween. Halloween seemed to make the whole season the best season there was.

"I want to climb it," Marceline stated, looking up one of the tall trees. "I bet a could get some awesome shots up there," She added, but in actuality, she just wanted to climb the tree. She used to always climb trees when she was little and even now she still was able to ascend the branches with ease and experience. She sat on one of the thicker branches and snapped a picture of Ruby on the ground. "Come on up!" She called down to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Malachi's mind had been consumed with worry for the cause of Ryan's attitude that he hadn't notice Christine approach. As the proper girl spoke up, Malachi couldn't help but jump at the unexpected noise. "Christine! Forgive me. My mind was elsewhere," Malachi explained, blushing as he had a nasty habit of doing so. He was always so bashful.

With her question posed, Malachi found himself shocked for the second time in what must have been less than a minute. He dumbly pointed a finger to his chest and cocked an eyebrow. "Mir?" He uttered, his voice troubled with confusion. "Why Fraulein, I am flattered!" He exclaimed. "But are you sure that I am the subject you want to capture?" There were many pretty things in nature for the camera's eye to snap to be saved forever, of which he did not think he, himself, was included in. "Of course, if that is what you wish," Malachi finished, deciding it was nothing to argue for and straightened his shoulders and folded his hands before smiling gently into the camera.

mir=me, fraulein=miss
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

"I bet my mouth was open and I looked stupid," she protested. But soon she was grinning because of Marcy's compliment. She ran a hand through her hair. She couldn't imagine ever going back to her natural hair color, it was so dull. She loved the colors that her hair took. "We can be weird together."

She always loved the fall, her birthday just happened to be on Halloween. She watched as her girlfriend climbed the tree, she had never been much of a tree climber. "Okay, I'll be up in a moment," she said before snapping a picture of Marcy. She then began to slowly climb up the tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 am

Christine nodded. "I prefer people to nature as photographic subjects," she replied. "The winged horses would be even better but since they are not out here you are a good second choice." And that was the honest truth. She'd much rather paint nature than photograph it. People though were worthwhile photographing. That was how she knew what her mother looked like even though she couldn't remember her.

She held the camera up and waited for his pose before clicking. "Perfect," she said when she lowered the camera again. "Have you taken any pictures yet?" Of course there were more pictures to take. She knew she had to take more but what or who was the question. "Do you think that perhaps we could lure one of the horses out of the stable?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 am

He never thought he would like something like this, it seemed to take all the stress away. It was like he wasn't even going through a rough time and instead was filled with peace. It was the first time in forever that he felt at ease, he felt calm. He still wasn't his usual self but this was as close as he was going to get until a while. It would take some time to get over the things his brother did to him, or didn't do. He hadn't spoke to him in two years and the effects of that showed on the fifth year's face. But not at this moment, he looked relaxed.

He took pictures of the beautiful leaves that were turning colors because of the autumn season. He then turned around and took some pictures of the other club members taking pictures. He didn't know what he liked taking pictures of more; people or nature. He liked them both.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down