Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Magic Position

Go down

The Magic Position Empty The Magic Position

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Malachi was pleased when his cousins had come to visit him near the end of summer, after his return from visiting with Ryan. The summer had made him feel surrounded, despite the fact that his parents were busy with commissions, more so than usual. However, he enjoyed spending time with his cousins and had promised his eldest cousin, Melody, that he'd meet up with her in Amethyst alley to help her with her shopping. Now the time had come and after finished his minimal school supply shopping, he sought out Melody.

"Good morning, Vetter," Malachi greeted, once he spotted his red locked cousin and approached her. He wrapped her in a quick embrace and then let her go. "How are you? Have you made any friends yet?" Kai asked, remembering his first shopping trip. He had met Rosalie and Ryan back then, two people who he now considered very dear friends. "Where do you need to go next?" Kai questioned and then seeing that she had yet to purchase a wand, he smiled and took her hand. "Excellent! We shall go there next!"

He walked her to the shop and then held open the door for her to enter first. He was excited for her but tried to contain his excitement. He led them to a seat to wait in while the witch managing the shop was busy with another customer.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

The Magic Position Empty Re: The Magic Position

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 am

Melody walked next to her cousin in excitement. She was thrilled to getting her wand and the rest of her school supplies. This year was going to be so exciting for her that she could hardly stand it. As they entered the wand shop, Melody followed Kai to one of the chairs that was available for patrons and sat next to him and waited in anticipation. "This is so exciting," She smiled brightly. "I can hardly wait to go to Beauxbatons with you!" She smiled brightly again and looked around the shop at the different kinds of wands. "These are so cool."

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Malachi beamed at his younger cousin. "Once you get your wand, you're officially a witch and can control your magic," he told her, not that he doubted that she already knew. He was just excited. Mel was always like the younger sister he never had. "You're going to make so many friends! It'll be so much fun!" he continued, but then the wand master finished cashing out the student ahead of them and turned to the red haired pair.

"Oh! Looks like we're next!" He said, standing up and placing a hand on Melody's shoulder. "Don't be intimidated." He told her and asked the shopkeeper if Melody could try out a few wands. "You'll know which one is the one when you find it. It's hard to explain, but you'll just know. After all, the wand chooses the wizard, not the other way around," He explained and then took a step back to admire all the wands in boxes on shelves. There was so many. They could possibly be there forever.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Melody stood with her cousin and glanced at his reassuring smile. She was pretty nervous about it all. This was her wand that she was going to have for the rest of her life, but as Kai had explained, the wand chose it's owner. She looked at all of them and found herself being drawn to a 8 1/2in. Rosewood wand with Unicorn hair, an 12in. Ash wood wand with a Phoenix Feather, and finally a 10in. Hawthorn Wood wand with a dragon heartstring. She bit her lip and raised her hand over each of them and ran her soft fingertips over each and felt a slight jump in her stomach as she picked up the Ashwood wand. "It's beautiful.." she found herself smiling as the wand tingled in her hands. "Kai....this is it.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Kai knew he had to be patient with this part. Back when he had first purchased his wand, he remembered it taking a full twenty minutes before he finally found the correct wand. During which time he picked up wand after wand only to be constantly let down. He had even doubted at one point that there was a wand for him. He knew the process was bound to be time consuming. Nonetheless, he hung around the shop and tried to give Melody her space as she tried out a few wands.

Much to his surprise, it only took about three wands before his cousin looked up and announced that one was it. Kai rose his eyebrows in surprise. "Are you sure?" He replied, sounding disbelieving. Sure enough the wand she had her fingers wrapped around was glowing a soft light. Kai nodded. "Brilliant!" he said, wrapping a single arm around her and squeezing her firmly against his body. "I'm so proud of you! You're growing up so fast! Seems like yesterday I had only just met you," Kai sputtered and it really did.

After his moment of pride, he let go of Melody and allowed her to cash out the wand herself. "Now, want to get some candy?" He asked, as they left the shop. "My treat."
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Melody smiled at her cousin and suddenly felt herself being wrapped into a hug. She at first, was a little startled, but then gave him a gentle squeeze back. "You're one to talk, old man." She teased him and giggled a little bit. "I can't believe so much has happened since then. Did I tell you I ran into a couple of my friends from the orphanage..they're going to be going to school with me at Beauxbatons..." She exclaimed. "Oh Kai, this all is a dream come true. I couldn't asked for anything better than any of this.." She smiled brightly. "Candy?" her eyes widened. 'Yes please!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down