Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

AMC Meeting: Writing a Song

2 posters

Go down

AMC Meeting: Writing a Song Empty AMC Meeting: Writing a Song

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Ruby had been focusing on art a lot lately so it was time to switch things up. Today they would be working with music and writing their own songs. She hoped that this would be a good idea and that people would go along with it. There weren't any new members this year, she noted as she watched the members file in. "Hello," she said once everyone was inside the room. Her year had been a bumpy one and she thought she would be sad all year but yet she had a smile on her face. "Welcome to another year of Art and Music Club."

She paused for moment to gather up her thoughts. "Today we'll be focusing on music." She bounced on her feet and clapped her hands together before resting them in front of her. "Has anyone ever written a song before?" She paused, waiting for answers. "Well, we're going to pick a person to write a song about. They could be in this club or someone else. But I want people to share what they've written. Also, if you want, you can work with partners."

Back to top Go down

AMC Meeting: Writing a Song Empty Re: AMC Meeting: Writing a Song

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Malachi always loved AMC meetings because it made him feel so good to be around other people who were just trying to express themselves as well. Ruby also always had the best ideas for meetings, and that was not a biased opinion just because she happened to be his sister. She always set up activities that explored their creativity.

Though he was not much of a song writer himself, Malachi was willing to put the most effort possible into today's activity. They were to write about someone they knew and it was easy enough for Kai to decide just who he was going to write about.

He scrawled down a few ideas on paper, figuring he'd write the lyrics first and then try to put it to tune on the ukulele later. He wrote about one of his best friends and the infinite way they made him feel when they hung out. The tingly feeling he got in his stomach sometimes when they spoke. Malachi stopped then. He had plenty of good stuff written on his page, but it still needed to be reorganized to sound more pleasing to the ears. His eyes traced over the words written and his face light up at his sudden realization. He had started writing about his friend because he knew how much they meant to him, but now he was starting to think maybe it all meant something else.

Ruby had stated that they were to be sharing their songs upon completion, but suddenly Malachi felt self-conscious about his piece and clung to the notebook in case anyone was trying to sneak a peak.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Ryan had always thought that the leader of the Art and Music club was a bit crazy but this time he actually liked her idea. He was pretty skilled with a guitar and writing songs almost came natural to him. Though, when given the prompt, he was at a blank. Write about someone you know? There were tons of people Ryan knew but yet he couldn't think of someone to write his song about. Did it have to be a full song? Would they have to sing it in front of the whole group? Or did they just have to read the lyrics off of the page?

He tapped his finger against his chin as he thought. What to do, what to do. He snuck a glance over at Kai to see if he was having any trouble like he was. He wasn't. He dodnt want to bouyther him while he was writing since that could mess up his song. He looked back at his empty page and let out a long sigh. He had never had so much trouble before. How was he supposed to write about someone? He had never been emotional with his work and if he were to write something about someone then he would have to get emotional about it. He wasn't used to digging down deep and expressing himself. He snuck another glance at Kai, he seemed done now. He was holding his work close to him. "I'm guessing you're done," he said. He lifted his notebook off the table and showed his empty page. "I'm having some trouble."

He set the paper back down and bit his lip. What was he going to write about? Who was he going to write about? He began to write random ideas on the page, random feelings. Soon, he had something done.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Ruby knew what she wanted to write about, who she wanted to write about. But even though it was her idea to do this, she was nervous to share her feelings. A lot has happened to her in her years at Beauxbatons and she wanted to focus on all the positive things. She began to write out all the positive things. She couldn't help but smile as she wrote out her song.

Since no one had volunteered to go first, she stood up and moved to the front of the room. "I'll go first then." She looked down at the page then began to second guess herself. She already said she would do it so it was time to do it. She blushed as she looked down at the words. No way could she read this out loud, it was too embarrassing. She'd safe that for something else. "Um, you tuck me in and kiss me good night. You keep me safe and warm, you're my father. No matter what." Pretty good for something she just came up with. She folded up her paper and stuffed it into her pocket. The paper was different from what she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Feelings weren't his best suit so there were many things he had bottled up inside. He couldn't get too deep into his feelings with this silly little song, he couldn't express his feelings. It would be embarrassing. So, he would keep things simple. The leader, Ruby, went first and it looked like no one was jumping to go next. He sighed and waited a few more seconds before getting up and facing the group. He couldn't believe he was doing this. He was putting his feelings out there for people to hear. He didn't trust some of the people that were listening.

He let out another sigh before starting, "Where did you go? We were close, not anymore. I want to be close again but you're nowhere to be found. Where have you gone? Come out from hiding, I'm your brother. You don't have to h-hide," he paused to gather himself up. "From me," he rushed. He felt tears threaten his eyes but he quickly took his seat and lowered his head. No way was anyone going to see him cry.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Though Malachi was seated right next to Ryan, he didn't utter a word to the boy for fear of breaking his own concentration as well as Ryan's. It wasn't until he had finished with his stream of conscience that he looked up and saw Ryan struggling with his own. He shrugged in response. "Mine needs a little more work but really all I've been doing was just writing down ideas," Malachi replied and then fell silent again. He was troubled by his recent realization of his feelings, but tried to push the thought away to actually clean up what lyrics he had.

Soon enough, people were finishing up and Ruby rose to share hers with the group. Kai paused with his editing and listened. He understood hers well to be about her dad, her adoptive one, not the one they shared. He thought it was nice and sweet and applauded when he finished. Then Ryan went. Malachi frowned in sympathy at the words of Ryan's song and noticed a change in Ryan's being. This was the second time he had seen Ryan act quite unlike his usual self, though he preferred the previous occasion when Ryan had been laughing. Now, it looked like Ryan might cry and something about that made Kai feel torn up inside.

As Ryan finished, he returned to his seat and Kai placed a hand on his knee and gave it a squeeze. He wanted to make Ryan feel better, but didn't know what to do. He concluded that maybe letting Ryan cool off might be best and then stood to share his own work.

"Ummm, mine is about my friend," Malachi introduced, clutching the paper with shaking hands. "I feel so guilty every time I blunder, but when I'm near you my heart pounds like thunder. I think about you all the time. I want to know that you are mine. But you are so radiant and I am too shy, so I will never be your guy," Malachi finished quickly. He was nervous and could tell he was blushing and immediately sunk back into his seat to hide.
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Stephanie loved music. It was the one thing which moved her more than any other. Writing her own song though was not something she'd ever considered attempting to do. She sang other people's songs. Never her own. Well she wouldn't if she'd never written one would she? The seventh year sat there silently watching others scribbling something down. Her own parchment was still blank. If she wanted to sing for a living wouldn't it be better if the songs were her own? And if she did that then she would need to learn how to share a part of herself.

She closed her eyes briefly before writing a few words. It sounded silly in her mind but the words were from the heart. If only she could come up with a melody to fit the words. Stephie bit her lip as she tried to come up with something but then the others were now sharing what they'd written.

"I guess I could say something," she said after hearing some who'd been brave enough to share. "I don't have any music for it yet." She cleared her throat and began speaking; "Orange blossoms in the air. And I am reminded of you. Memories are everywhere." She shook her head at the rest and said, "and that's it so far." Before she attempted to set it to music she was going to have to fix the song. It would never sound right with what she'd had so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down