Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Recommend a Broom

Go down

Recommend a Broom Empty Recommend a Broom

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Her family wasn't wealthy. Not really. Dad earned his living fixing trains and that didn't bring in all that much money when he had three children to provide for. However, somehow, he managed to find the funds for Stephanie's broom. Maybe the additional help from Aunt Simone and Uncle Cesaire? But that would have been tricky to explain since they believed Stephie was going to a boarding school on some sort of scholarship. They had no clue what type of school it was. Still, it wasn't her place to question him. All she knew was that he had the money and exchanged it for wizarding money in the funny wizarding bank in Amethyst Alley.

She wasn't allowed to go to the Quidditch shop to buy it until after all her other school shopping had been done. New subjects meant new books and new fears. However, they were kept at bay by the thought of the new broom. Something which might help her with catching the snitch again this year like she'd done in every match the previous school year. The last match was her greatest triumph because that time she proved it wasn't just odd circumstances making it easy for her.

The moment she entered the shop Stephanie was suddenly overwhelmed by the choice. Where did she begin? Why hadn't she ever entered this place before? The thirteen year old swallowed as she glanced around, uncertain of where to begin. "Help," she yelped, "I need help." She swallowed again, this time in embarrassment at how squeaky her voice sounded. "Please can someone help me find the right broom. " Stephanine swung around to the closest person in the shop. "How about you? Can you help?"

Back to top Go down

Recommend a Broom Empty Re: Recommend a Broom

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Trent's and his mother lived well, there was no denying it. They rented out a nice little house. It was weird he'd never considered himself wealthy because they really weren't. If Trent had a father they'd probably have a lot less money to throw around, but it was just him and his mother which was exactly why he was able to splurge on Quidditch. His mother also positively loved to give into Trent's quidditch habits. She bought him quaffles and brooms and jerseys and game tickets. He was looking at a broom and heard a girl looking confused. He smiled widely. "Well, you're skinny and I'm assumeing pretty light. So, you probably play seeker. And if that's the case you should get a speed broom like the Flying Bullet 2014."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:07 am

"You can tell just by looking at me?" Stephanie was very surprised at how quickly he knew the position she played. "How did you know that when I might have just been looking for a broom so I can fly or tryout this term?" Neither of those did actually apply to her but now that he'd properly guessed what she needed it for she really did want to know how he could have know. She belatedly realised she should have focused on the actual broom he recommended. She looked around for the broom and finally caught sight of it. "Oh. I think maybe I can afford that." She tried to remember how much money she had left over after making her other needed purchases. She might only just make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down