Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Christmas with the Fourth Years

Go down

Christmas with the Fourth Years Empty Christmas with the Fourth Years

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Paige had just finished a book where the main character had gone to a Christmas party and there they had a secret santa thing that sounded like a lot of fun. She had decided to try this with her friends so she invited anyone she knew from her year that she thought would come. She had thought this would be a small list at first but once she started listing people she found it was rather large. There was Caleb, Quentin, Charon, Adela and Marie-Laure. Caleb was one of her best mates that shared her love for candies, Quentin and her hadn't hung out as much as some of the others but he was really cool, Char was one of her first friends so he was for sure on the list. Then there was Adela who she had first met when they were getting wands and they had talked occasionally in some of their classes and Marie-Laure who was her team's amazing chaser and even though they didn't talk much outside of that Paige liked her and wanted her to come and she knew the girl was friends with others she had on the list.

She had sent out pretty invitations she hand made each with a piece of some of her favorite candies enclosed in the envelope. She had been hoping that for some of those that she didn't know as well the candy would pursue them to come a bit more. The day of the party she had gotten the house elves to bring up lots of snacks and delicious foods. The young beater spent most of the day decorating the dusty old room and making it look like a cute Christmasy place. As the clock on the wall told her it was getting closer for the guests to arrive she started to get nervous, what if no one showed up or they didn't want to do the secret santa and hadn't gotten their person a gift? Paige had spent hours racking her brain trying to think of what to get her person and was still not very confident in her gift but hopefully she liked it still.

ooc: At the bottom of your first post please put an ooc note saying who you got for secret santa. Thanks.
I got Marie-Laure

Back to top Go down

Christmas with the Fourth Years Empty Re: Christmas with the Fourth Years

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 am

Marie-Laure loved shopping. It didn't matter if it were for herself or someone else. Therefore to receive an invitation from Paige to join in on a secret santa party was something to be treasured and enjoyed. Even being given the name of a girl she really didn't know didn't worry her too much. Adela was her age and so Marie-Laure just went for something she believed most girls their age would like. It was also with some relief it was not Quentin she had to buy a gift for.

She turned up at the appointed place at the appointed time. "Wow," she breathed when she opened the door. "You've done a wonderful job with the place Paige. Did you do this all by yourself?" Marie-Laure usually avoided these rooms because she couldn't abide the dust but today there was barely a speak of dust in sight. "Is there anything left that you need help with?"

ooc: I got Adela Austen

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 am

When Quinn received a letter addressed from Paige, his heart took off and he did a little dance. He didn't care what it said but rather just liked getting mail for a change. However, the situation got better when he actually opened it and read what the business was. He munched on a few pieces of candy as his eyes landed on the words 'secret santa.' The idea of it seemed absolutely wonderful! And Quentin was anxious to get started until he read whom it was he was to get a present for; Paige Bellerose.

His relationship with Paige had always been to admire from a distance and though he enjoyed his interactions with her, he often felt like a bumbling idiot around her. This could be his chance to impress Paige, but as to what exactly would wow the awesome beater, he was pretty lost. He knew she liked candy, a lot. Perhaps equal to as much as his best mate Caleb did, but she obviously already had candy and so he couldn't just give her that. It took him awhile, but finally he had gathered all portions of her gift, wrapped them in blue wrapping paper that he thought was pretty, and then moseyed on to the empty classroom where the party was happening.

He didn't expect to be that early, as he walked in to find only Paige and Marie-Laure were there, gift clutched to his chest. He grinned at all the decorations. "It looks like a winter wonderland!" He noted. He couldn't believe she put it all together herself. That was truly a feat in it's own. "Where should I put this?" He asked, holding up the awkwardly shaped gift and trying not to let off that it was for her.

I have Paige Bellerose
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Leo Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 am

Caleb was good at buying presents for others and liked the fact that he made someone happy because he had gotten them something. He usually didn't expect anything in return when he gave someone a gift, he did it out the kindness of his heart. When Paige sent Caleb an invite to do a Secret Santa, Caleb was all in. Even though he didn't know Charon too well, he knew that he liked quidditch. So, Caleb set out to get him something that involved quidditch.

The gift he had bought was small but a very big deal. He had put the present in a small box and wrapped it with a bow. He got to the party just in time, not too early and not too late. But right on time. He couldn't be late to something as important as this. Paige had fixed the place up and it looked great. "Great job Paige!" Caleb made a note to give his best mates their presents some other time. Maybe he'd invite them to his dorm after the party.

ooc: I got Charon Winthrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Paige hummed her favorite Christmas song under her breath as she put the final touches on her decorations. She had just finished placing the star on her miniature tree that sat on top of a desk when the door opened. She turned around with a bright smile ready to greet her guests. She picked up on of the santa hats of the table and headed over to the door. "Hey, thanks I spent all day on this I'm glad you like it. I just finished up everything but thanks." She said happily before handing Marie-Laure the santa hat. "Party hats see?" She asked with a smile. She remembered other parties where people wore the colorful pointed cone hat things and she thought it would be fun to have party hats here as well, but since its Christimas instead of silly cone hats santa hats. Paige already had one on, she thought it looked good in her blonde curls.

When the door opened once more she skipped over to collect the rest of the hats since it seemed everyone was starting to arrive now. She smiled brightly at her newest guest who turned out to be Quentin. "Thanks. Hat?" She said with a small giggle at his comment of it being a winter wonderland before offering him a hat as well.. "Oh!" She exclaimed at his reminder of the gifts. "All presents go under the tree, if they'll fit." She said pointing over to the tree. When she looked over though she saw that Prince had taken up that spot as his bed. "Prince you're not a present." She exclaimed before skipping over to pull the fluffy, orange cat out from under the tree. She thought Prince looked great in his mini santa hat, he had complained a but when she put it on but he was leaving it alone now and he looked handsome she thought.

The door opened again and Paige made her way over to the new guest with the ball of orange fluff in her arms. She smiled at another compliment, "Thanks." She said before placing Prince on the ground so she could hand Caleb his hat. "Presents go under the tree and along to right wall I got the house elves to get snacks and other goodies." She said to everyone that had arrived so far. "When everyone arrives we'll start looking at gifts. Did you guys want to hand your person their gift to reveal the secret or just keep it secret forever and let them find the one with their name on it?" Paige asked unsure how this normal worked so she decided to let them all chose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

"Luckily I brought Candy with me," He took his book bag off and let his white ball of fluff out of her third home. "Prince and her can play!" His cat seemed to like the other cat which made Caleb happy. "Yay! I hat!" He put the hat on and smiled. "Thank you."

He set his present under the tree then turned back to the group. "I say, we don't tell the person and they have to guess who gave them the gift. Once everyone is done guessing, we all say who we got presents for. That's just an idea, we don't have to do that." He sat down and began to play with the two cats. "This was a wonderful idea, Paige." He smiled up at her. "Also, our cats seem to be getting along very well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 am

Marie-Laure received the Santa hat and put it on her head before placing the gift she had under the tree. It wasn't the sort of thing the fashion conscious witch would wear to most places but this was a Christmas Party. Thus it was perfect for this setting. She smiled over at Quentin the moment he entered the room and made a beeline for him. "Bet you didn't think I really did know how to have fun," she said pointedly. And have fun she would. This was not schoolwork or Quidditch. This was a party.

She picked a small pastry from the table and listened to Paige, her plans and her question. "I agree with Caleb," she put in, "and that's how a Secret Santa's supposed to work. How can it be secret if you tell before the person opens it." That would really ruin the secrecy and she hoped the ones who'd come in so far hadn't noticed what shape parcels had been put under the tree by whom or the guessing might be too easy. Marie-Laure had made sure she hadn't taken much notice of which gifts were already there before adding hers. Well she had seen them but that was different to paying detailed attention. More like a blurry photograph than sharp focused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Charon knew very little about Caleb other than what Quinn had told him, but he also knew he wanted to make friends and this Secret Santa thing provided an opportunity for him to make them. He knew from what Quinn had said that Caleb liked candy and that he was an announcer. He'd originally though of buying him candy and some announcer related thing, but then he remembered the gummy bear store near his house that made huge gummies in whatever shape you wanted. He wrote his mom and told her to buy three with his money in the shape of microphones. He grinned knowing Caleb would like them. He also wrote on the card that he'd finance a trip to the candy store in Cheval if he was allowed to go with him. He realized he was going to be late so he finished wrapping the three boxes of the gummies and signed the card hurrying to the classroom where they were throwing the party. It came out spectacular. "You've done a wonderful job, Paige." He said setting the gift under the tree.

ooc I got Caleb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down