Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

MAC: The Real Talk

Go down

MAC: The Real Talk Empty MAC: The Real Talk

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Though today's meeting had the potential to get a bit personal, Persephone still felt that the topic was a necessary one. This club was established for all sorts of witches and wizards of different blood statuses and upbringings and it's goal was to learn from it. She had already explored technology of the muggle world and common games without magic, but she had never before spoken about something that affected her personally.

Standing up in front of the group, Persephone turned to the chalkboard and wrote something on it. "Stereotypes." She turned to face the group and offered a smile. "Hello muggle-loving members," She greeted. "Show of hands of how many of you thought that something was true about the wizarding world or maybe just Beauxbatons academy but then discovered it wasn't so?" She raised her own hand and then mentally counted how many others did the same. "That's perfectly fine. Speaking out of personal experience, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect coming to this school. But for those of you who didn't find anything surprising, that's alright too."

She moved towards where a small stack of books rested. She wasn't big on reading, but these books were all fiction and much more interesting. They also all shared a single topic: wizards and witches. "It's funny because muggles have their own ideas of wizards and witches that are sometimes close, but sometimes, not so much. Just like how we don't exactly fully understand muggle life. Can anyone share a stereotype muggles have about wizards that isn't exactly correct?" She asked, and looked around the room for a volunteer.

Back to top Go down

MAC: The Real Talk Empty Re: MAC: The Real Talk

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Caleb walked into MAC with a smile on his face, he was excited to find out what they would be doing. All the clubs he was in always kept him on his toes, it was always different. When the club leader, Percy, began to talk, Caleb listened with interest. He raised his hand along with others when asked about expectations of Beauxbatons. His parents had never told him about the school(even though they both went there when they were younger), they wanted to keep it a surprise. So, Caleb had thought about his own version of the school and there was a lot less candy than he imagined.

Caleb raised his hand once more. "Muggles think that witches and wizards that are mean are green. That's not very true. In Salem, witches and warlocks were burned and hanged cause muggles were scared. And some of the people that they hanged or burned didn't even possess magic appetites. But they were all innocent." Caleb didn't seem too smart in most situations, but he was very passionate about some things and would study all about them. "When I thought I wasn't going to be a wizard, I studied all about witchcraft and all that jazz. It was very ridiculous how much stuff was wrong."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Fiona sat on her hands in the meeting. One of the few who hadn't raised their hand. Beauxbatons had turned out the way she imagined it would be with too much homework and plenty of other students to prank. The marks she expected she'd get for her subjects weren't that great a surprise either with no fails but plenty of marks which allowed her to merely pass rather than excel.

This meeting was sounded much more the way she imagined that muggle studies class will next year. She had no answer for the question asked by the club leader and was more than happy to allow her cousin to do the answering. Her eyes widened though at the idea of anyone thinking mean witches were green. "If they'd met Mabel then they'd know they weren't green," Fiona remarked with a wry grin. "Maybe we should dye her skin so that everyone is warned to stay away from her." Next time she managed to sneak into Pandora's box Fiona was going to have to see if they had soap which could do that. What a fun prank that'd be to play on her sister.

"Could they think that we don't exist?" she suggested. "Like we're really just a made up tale to scare children?" That'd fit in with that statue of secrecy her parents were always warning her to keep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Caleb rolled her eyes at his cousin's comment about her sister. "I don't think it would be very nice to dye Mabel's skin green." He wished his cousins would just get along and he would try to get them to get along. "Some people don't believe in magic or they think its fake. I've been to magic shows and they suck, all of it sucks. I could easily pull a rabbit out of my hat if I wanted to. But I guess they couldn't do any better since they don't actually have magic."

Caleb thought this was a great topic to talk about because he believed so strongly about it. "What about you Percy, what do you think?" He wanted to know what the club leader had to say about the topic she had presented to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm

The other's in the club always amazed Percy with what they knew and what they had to contribute. She sat down on a stool with her head resting on her arm as she looked each speaker in the eye and dwelled over each idea that they presented in their mind.

She snickered and snorted at the idea of witches being green. This one she knew from an old film she watched with Winifred, but it was still humorous to her, being that it was entirely untrue. However, she hadn't a clue who this 'Mabel' was and watched as a small dispute over the unknown girl unfolded. "Ummm, let's stay on topic," She interjected, as kindly as she could. The last thing she needed was a bunch of kids, inspired by her meeting, to go out and find this Mabel and turn her green.

Her jaw dropped at the notion that maybe muggles didn't even think they existed. "Woah, I've never thought about that before!" But of course that would explain why an abundance of muggles weren't seeking out wizards to learn more about them.

"People are always saying bad things about things that they don't entirely understand and maybe that's why there are these stereotypes of witches being green and mean," Percy offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 pm

"Who said anything about being nice?" Fiona asked. Caleb was too nice to Mabel. She didn't deserve his niceness and as far as Fiona was concerned Mabel deserved everything she got from her older sister. "You can't you know. Pull a rabbit out of a hat with magic. 'Cause then you'll get into trouble." She was a little hazy on what could and could not be done with magic but Fiona didn't think that was taught at Beauxbatons and he wouldn't be allowed to do it anywhere else.

"Or it could be stories," Fiona suggested. "Um maybe someone wrote a story about a green witch and all muggles now think they're mean and green." Her lack of knowledge about muggles was very obvious. "They couldn't have always thought that could they? I mean there are no people with green skin and yet some muggles got accused of being witches didn't they?" Maybe she should have paid closer attention to History of Magic. The things Fiona did remember were all jumbled up sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down