Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

A Witch's Familiar

Go down

A Witch's Familiar Empty A Witch's Familiar

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm

The next item on the list, though it was labeled optional, was one that Frankie understood and was not going to pass up getting. Through her reading she learned the simple fact that sorceresses often took upon an animal, known as a familiar, who would do their bidding for them. This seemed nearly as important to her as getting a wand. How could she function without a familiar? She didn't think it could be possible, so she made a point to stop at the pet shop before retiring for the day.

The question was, though, what to get? She needed something that was useful and toads just didn't seem to fit the bill. "They're cute," she noted out loud, to her warted friends. "But they're far too slow." She pondered on it a moment longer before moving on. There were plenty of creatures to choose from. There were cats crawling all over the place, a cage of weird little puffballs with eyes, and plenty of owls. "Woah," She couldn't name a single soul whom she knew that had an owl. She took a step back and much to her surprise, felt her shoes crush something small and delicate; a cat's tail. The cat wailed and Frankie jumped, knocking into an owl in a cage and, also, another human being, before falling to the ground. "Sorry!"

Back to top Go down

A Witch's Familiar Empty Re: A Witch's Familiar

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Stephanie knew she was going out of the recommended order but she really wanted to go have a look at the animals. She'd never owned her own pet before. The dog back home was a family pet but whatever she chose here today would be all her own to keep and take to school with her. A boarding school which both taught magic and let you have a pet was something which was now becoming more and more exciting. There were still fear and nerves but those feelings were just that little bit weaker since getting her wand and meeting someone genuinely friendly.

As she entered the store she gasped a little at the variety available. From the usual cats to the slightly less usual rats and amphibians, onto owls and animals she could not identify; strangely coloured and fluffy of two different size groups. What should she buy? Stephie didn't have much time to ponder as a cat came right at her. She fell on her backside and then laid further back until she was down completely. The cat now sat on her chest down at her. "Um nice kitty. How about you let me up now?" The animal jumped off and Stephanie, picking up her wand box, scrambled back to her feet.

She glanced at the girl who'd apologised and asked, "why? Why were you sorry? It was the cat who made me fall over." Stephanie had no clue why it did but the other girl seemed to think she'd been the cause of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Frankie helped herself up off of the ground and then extended a hand to the other girl, offering the same sort of aid. The girl, oddly enough, seemed to be convinced that a mere kitten was the source of her fall. Frankie rose an eyebrow but didn't argue. If the girl would rather believe it was a kitten than accept her apology, she was all fine with that.

"Tiny but ferocious, I guess," Frankie noted of the little kitten who was off of the girl and now roaming around, interested in a toy that was resting on the ground. "Are you some cat whisperer or something?" Honestly, with all of the things Frankie was learning about the magical world on this day, she wouldn't be surprised if some witches were gifted with the ability to talk to animals. That would explain the whole familiar thing. "Maybe a cat should be your familiar then," She offered, finding great reason in choosing an animal that one was able to communicate with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:34 am

Stephie gratefully accepted the help of the other girl.  Had she now found two people her age who weren't mean?  Things really were beginning to look a little more positive even with having ended up getting separated from her other friend in the alley.  

"A...a cat whisperer?" Stephie asked in bewilderment?  She glanced in the kitten's direction and shook her head.  "I don't think I am.  Why do you think that kitten is loose?  All the others are in cages."  The girl's suggestion had Stephanie wondering though.  What animal should she get? "What do you think you'd like as a pet?  An owl would be interesting wouldn't it?"  They certainly were different but she wasn't quite sure if that was a good idea.  The kitten had come back to wind it's way around her legs and then moved toward the other girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down