Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Drawing is more important than shopping

Go down

Drawing is more important than shopping Empty Drawing is more important than shopping

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Galen was sitting comfortably in the cozy restaurant La Petit Dragon. He technically should have been shopping, but drawing seemed like a much better idea. He had a nice cool butterbeer and his sketch pad in hand as he slowly drew the bartender and the men sitting at the bar. He slowly got down each detail of their pinstripe fedoras and business suits. He thought of his favorite muggle poet Bob Kaufman as he sketched, practically twisting the men at the bar into a visual out of the poem 'Bagel Shop Jazz'. He put his headphones on and hummed along to a light jazz song he'd heard the other night. Suddenly his view of the men at the bar was blocked by a boy who seemed to be a couple years older than him.

Back to top Go down

Drawing is more important than shopping Empty Re: Drawing is more important than shopping

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Being a third year was a great feeling to Caleb, it meant he had new freedoms and responsibilities. He was so happy that his cousin, Mabel, was going to be going to school with him and his cousin Fiona, who was Mabel's sister. It was exciting to see all the first years and he hoped they weren't having any troubles getting around.

Caleb swore that he was about a million times taller than all of the first years. He had grown an inch or two over the summer after all. It made him feel taller and somewhat better. He stopped in a spot to look around for his cousin, but she must have already passed through. Caleb shrugged his shoulders and gave up. He'd see her later and would make sure the hug he gave her was tighter than usual.

Back to top Go down

Drawing is more important than shopping Empty Re: Drawing is more important than shopping

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Galen spoke in a small voice. "Excuse me..." He started. "Could you please move? I'm, uh, trying to sketch the bar." Galen ran a hand through his blonde hair and looked down, morbidly afraid he was about to get yelled at by the older boy. "I'm sorry." He said quickly. "I just, I'm so close to finishing it and this song is perfect for the scene." He didn't want to offend him or anything he just needed to see it so he could finish drawing the bartender. He took a deep breath realizing he hadn't for quite a few minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Caleb only noticed the boy because he had said something to him. "Oh! I'm sorry!" The boy looked like a little baby compared to the older people in the pub. "You're like a baby! You must be a first year like my cousin! She's like a baby too!" If Mabel heard his words then he would end up getting punched in the arm. "Have you seen a girl that looks mean and has fire in her eyes? If you have, then that's her."

"Oh yeah! I forgot to move." He moved a bit so he was out of the boy's way but was still able to talk to him. "I'm Caleb. You must be a first year. My cousin is one too so you'll probably get to know her a bit. She's mean."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Galen's ears went red at being called a baby. "Th-That's what my mum says." And then he nodded. "Y-Yea, I'm a first year." Galen tapped his chin. "I don't think I've seen her. I'm sorry." He murmured, sketching after Caleb moved. "Thank you." He smiled friendly. "I am Galen." Galen said softly. "You call your own cousin mean?" He raised an eyebrow. He couldn't imagine his cousin was mean seeing as he seemed so nice. "What's the school like? Is there really a troll? A boy said that. I don't like trolls. They're scary and smelly." Galen truly was terrified of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 pm

"Like I said, you're like a baby. First years are like babies cause they don't know what they're doing and they don't know anything, like babies." Caleb shrugged his shoulders at the boy, he'd just look for Mabel later. "I was just warning you about how mean she can be, she's not mean to me. Just others. Like you. So, that was a warning."

"The troll? Who told you about him? I know a lot about the troll! He lives in the dungeons and he eats people that wake him up. So, everyone is quiet while going through there cause they don't wanna be next. There was this kid that I knew and he disappeared. Everyone says he just left school, but I don't believe it. It was the troll!" He used a dramatic voice and using spooky sounds. "And that's the story about the troll."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Galen wasn't sure if he liked this boy calling him a baby or not, but it didn't seem like Caleb was being malicious at least not intentionally. "Why does she like to be mean?" Galen tilted his head, how on Earth could someone enjoy being anything but nice to people. Didn't they know if you are nice to people they'll be nice to you? Galen would have asked this aloud but it was something he wanted to learn on his own. Then, Galen's face paled white. "T-There i-is a t-troll?" He nearly started shaking. He remembered he'd gone camping with his mum and sister once and they'd nearly been attacked by one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down