Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Perfect Name for the Perfect Pet

Go down

The Perfect Name for the Perfect Pet Empty The Perfect Name for the Perfect Pet

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Cassandra loved animals a lot and loved to care for them. But she waited till her third year to get a pet of her own, so she could focus on school instead of worrying about her pet. She thought it was the perfect time to pick her pet. She entered the shop with her money hitting her leg in her pocket. She was so excited to choose a pet, it was something of her own and hers only. She had never had a pet before, her aunt had a dislike of animals and refused to get any pets. But, Cassie didn't care about that. Even though the pet would go home with her on holiday breaks. Her aunt would just have to deal with it. She would take good care of her pet.

She scanned the different animals, it was heaven. She stuck her hand in front of a cat, waiting for it to sniff her hand so she could pet it. It rubbed against her hand and purred loudly. As adorable as the cat was, it wasn't the pet for her. Though it was a beautiful cat. A smile formed on her lips as she moved closer to an owl. "Aren't you the cutest thing?" The owls seemed enjoy the compliment and started to striking poses. "Such a great model!" She clapped her hands which made the owl hoot with delight. Cassie gave the owls a bow and continued to walk.

But the owl wasn't done with Cassie, it hooted loudly. Cassie turned toward the owls, the owls stared at her. She walked back over to the owl and gave it a smile. "You like me, don't you?" The owl hooted to her as if it was singing. "You're singing for me? How adorable!" The owl was a bold brown color with splashes of white and looked like it might be blind in one eye. But that didn't stop it from being such a confident bird. Maybe Cassie could learn a thing or two from this bird. "You are such a beautiful creature." She wondered if it was a boy or girl, once she found out, she could name it. She was going to buy it for sure. "Are you a boy? Or a girl?" The owl pecked its beak against its cage, it was pointing to a small sign that Cassie had over looked.

"'I've been in this shop for three months, I used to be a wild owl before I was saved and nursed back to health. I am blind in one eye from the wild. But I am a strong bird and I am very happy with my one eye. I am a boy and I would love a great home.' You've been through so much." Now that Cassie knew the gender, she could start coming up with names. "Hector?" The owl shook his head. "Paul?" He hooted loudly, he didn't like the name at all. "Prince?" The owl stuck another pose, but after shook his head. "Hmmm..." She them thought about her father and wanted to name the owl after him, if he liked the name. "Nathanial?" The owl hooted loudly and shook out his wings, he seemed to enjoy the name. "That was my father's name. I'm glad you like it. How about Nat for short?" She picked up the cage, she paid for Nat and other things she would need and left the shop. She hoped she would be the good home Nat was looking for.

Back to top Go down