Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Reese and Sasha Hayes' Reception

4 posters

Go down

Reese and Sasha Hayes' Reception Empty Reese and Sasha Hayes' Reception

Post by Sasha Hayes Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 pm

It had been one hundred and ninety-seven days since Sasha had proposed to his breath of fresh air. The singer, who was now a full-time singer, had taken a hiatus to help plan the wedding. Reese was the creative one between the two and he wanted to give people something they had never seen before. The blond had wanted a small wedding but that was hard to do when you knew so many people. So, they decided to get married in a courtroom, just the two of them, and then have a big party afterward. Sasha had been concerned about disappointing their families but the two had decided that they wanted to keep the moment between the two of them but would invite everyone to celebrate with their love with them later that day. They had written vows for each other and hadn't planned on sharing them with anyone. Until Reese's parents threatened to not show up if they didn't say their vows at the reception. Reese was completely mortified and was going to tell them that they didn't have to come. But Sasha had stepped in between and said he was read his vows aloud but it was going to be in choppy French. Reese wasn't happy at all but Sasha assured him that everything was fine and he didn't mind expressing his love for Reese.

You never realized how many people you knew until they were all gathered around in the same setting. It had been Reese's idea to get married the day after Halloween. We can't be that predictable, he had said. Reese had explained that everyone would expect him to get married on Halloween but he didn't want to be a stereotype. Sasha had giggled and went along with Reese. It could be agreed that both Sasha and Reese were artistic people but in totally different ways. Reese showed his outwardly, in his nail polish, his hair, his writing. He was into fashion because Garnet had influenced him at a young age and always wanted to go into the craft store when they happened to pass one. Sasha relied on his voice as an expression. Reese had taught him a thing or two about fashion, without him Sasha would be wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans every day. Reese would kill him if he saw him in a plain t-shirt ever again. Sasha thought it was cute and he could see Reese rubbing off on him but he could also see himself in Reese. Sasha was always trying to get Reese out of his comfort zone unless a safe word was used and the topic was dropped. He had gotten Reese out on the dancefloor a handful of times and even one time without a drop of liquor.

Sasha and Reese had saved up quite a bit of money for the party and their honeymoon. Reese had full control of the party right down to what napkins were being used. Everything was absolutely beautiful in Sasha's opinion. It wasn't too extreme but it wasn't simple either, it was elegant and there was no doubt that Reese had planned everything. The party was outside and had a full view of the colorful autumn leaves covering both the trees and the ground. A stage had been set for a band and a DJ. Luckily for them, they didn't have to go all out for the DJ or the band. Instead, Alexia had offered up an acoustic set of some of her songs along with some other of their favorites, free of charge. And she had convinced Birdie to be their DJ, but Reese and Sasha had to pay them. Sasha understood college wasn't cheap.

Reese was sitting beside him, hand in hand and smile on his face as he looked at his husband. Sasha could look at Reese for forever at that moment. He wanted to stay like that for the rest of his days. The crowd could disappear and Sasha would be content in his husband's presence. "I love you," he whispered to the man. They were young but he didn't care, he knew that Reese was meant for him and he was for Reese. Reese's face grew red, a lovestruck smile taking up his face and reaching his eyes, as he said it back. He kissed his husband's hand as he stood up to greet the crowd of friends and family. He tapped his glass to get everyone's attention. He took in the crowd and smiled at them. Reese had done the seating chart and Sasha was just seeing where everyone would be sitting.

"I would like your attention please," he said in a small voice once everyone was done talking. "As everyone may know," he paused to look at his husband and smiled. "My husband and I decided to have our marriage kept to ourselves but wanted to celebrate with all of our friends and family." He stopped to wave at his parents, both having tears in their eyes as they watched their son. "We wanted to keep our love to ourselves and I do hope you understand where we are coming from." Sasha could feel sweat forming on his forehead despite the chilly autumn air. He was afraid of messing up in front of all of the people he was closest to. But mostly he was afraid of messing up in front of Reese's parents. "But now we asking you to join us in our love and celebrate our love, your love, and all love in general." Reese squeezed his hand and Sasha fought the urge to look down at him for if he did he would begin to cry. "I would like to read out my vows to Reese."

He then turned to Reese, pretending that the crowd wasn't there, and took Reese's hands in his larger ones. He let out a shaky breath, looking deeply into his love's eyes. "I've never felt comfortable with my name," he repeated the words he had said earlier that day. He broke eye contact with Reese to turn to his parents, "Sorry, Mama i Papa." But they already knew he didn't. He turned back to his husband, squeezing his hands as he smiled. "But now that I'm taking yours, I feel truly comfortable and that I can be my whole self. I love being yours and with your name, I can prove all my love to you." He had changed his full name to match the name he was becoming. "Reese Malcolm Hayes, I, Sasha Hayes, love you with my entire being and I will always continue to show you the love you deserve." He was too busy admiring the way his husband's eyes twinkled with tears to acknowledge everyone clapping for them.
Sasha Hayes
Sasha Hayes
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Reese and Sasha Hayes' Reception Empty Re: Reese and Sasha Hayes' Reception

Post by Reese Hayes Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 pm

It wasn't that Reese was a secretive person, he just didn't like his business being out there. But when you come from the Hayes family that wasn't an option. He had to admit that all the Hayes kids were outgoing in their own ways and even if they didn't admit it, Reese liked to think that maybe their parents were proud of all of them. Jakob had been the one to go on and have a career in quidditch, even if he was stuck with a shitty team that rode his back to the win. Reese may not like quidditch, but he made a point to stay updated with his brother's team. Even though they all had different interests Reese still made sure to support his brothers in any way he could. Reese had bought Jakob's jersey and had it hung on the wall in his office in their new home alongside a painting Anthony had done.

Reese hadn't given marriage any thought until Sasha had popped the question; it had never crossed his mind. They had just been so comfortable with each other that he didn't think it was necessary. But when Sasha had popped the question, it was all Reese could think of leading up to the day. He was actually getting married. Him. To the love of his life. It felt like something out of a book. But this was his life and he felt so thankful for the things in it. He was thankful he had had the courage to approach the handsome stranger and had gone with his gut. He knew that logic was also the most reasonable way to go but sometimes you just needed to follow your gut feeling.

The day Sasha had proposed he had to go to Cake to finish a song he had been working on. Reese had tried to go back to his writing but he couldn't focus on anything. He had to tell Anthony. Reese knew that he could be a brat at times but he knew that Anthony would be happy for him, concerned but happy. He knew that once he spilled the beans that Anthony and Garnet would congratulate him but then start to give him tips.

"Anthony knows I'm always right," Garnet had said with a laugh, squeezing her husband's hand. "Honestly, and this is the most important piece of advice anyone can give you, just don't go to bed mad each other. No matter how tired you are, fix it before you sleep." She turned and kissed Anthony's cheek, fluffing up his hair after pulling away. "Sleep isn't worth waking up mad." Reese wasn't sure what Anthony and Garnet argued about but they seemed to have it figured out, at least a bit.

Reese wanted to be selfish and keep his love for Sasha all to himself but he knew that wasn't going to work. He knew that they would disappoint a lot of people if they didn't at least celebrate. He also wanted an excuse to see his brothers again. They had only all been in the same room a handful of times since becoming adults and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss them all being together, even if they didn't get along all the time.

Tears pulled at Reese's eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. He couldn't help himself when he wiped his tears away with his sleeve after Sasha had finished his vows. Applause echoed in his ears as he stared deeply into his husband's eyes. His husband. That would take some getting used to.

After speeches and dinner, the party was now in full motion and people were out on the dancefloor, standing around talking, at the bar, or doing whatever people did at weddings. Everyone wanted to talk to Reese but all he wanted to do was be in his husband's arms all night. But Sasha pushed him to mingle with people instead while he caught up with his parents and other friends. Reese's parents hugged him tightly and he was sure he had seen his mom wipe a tear or two from her eyes. Even if they were strict at times they were still proud of him and were glad he was happy. Reese liked to believe they were becoming more understanding.

"We want grandchildren soon," their mother warned all three boys when they were all together. Children were the last thing on Reese's mind but he didn't want any arguing so he just nodded his head.

"Who do you think they expect grandchildren from first?" Reese asked Anthony once the two of them were alone. Reese suspected Anthony and Garnet to be the ones their parents expected to be expecting first. He looked around for their other brother, Jakob, stopping at the edge of the dancefloor. Jakob was trying to get a girl to dance with him, Reese recognized her to be his roommate, by tugging on her hand and pointing out to the dancefloor. Reese was too far to hear what he was saying to her. "Maybe Jakob will surprise us all." He looked at Anthony and then back at Jakob and then back at Anthony. "Maybe. Possibly."
Reese Hayes
Reese Hayes
Adult
Adult

Virgo Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Hayes Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Anthony wouldn't say Sasha was his favorite person, but he had warmed up to him some. He wasn't that stubborn. Plus, the new brothers at least had Reese in common, and Reese was Anthony’s favorite brother.

Though now that he thought about it, none of his brothers were really bad. Jakob was still irritating and immature, but he was tolerable. Reese was never a pain and Sasha wasn't either. The day hadn't been painful, it had actually turned out quite enjoyable.

He smiled at his wife's advice to his brother and leaned into her kiss. Garnet was easy to keep happy. Of course they got snippy from time to time, but they always worked it out.

"Maybe Jakob already has kids," Anthony joked. The girl he spent a lot of time with seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, but Jakob had brought some questionable women around before her.  "Probably me. I'm not sure that's what I want just yet, though."
Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Garnet Hayes Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Reese was by far Garnet's favorite brother-in-law, they spent quite a bit of time together and she considered him to be one of her best friends. Kimi would have her head if Garnet said anyone was her best friend besides Kimi so she had a have a second and a third best friend. You can have other friends but I'm the most important, Kimi had said. Usually the three of them went out together for shopping trips or whatever other trouble they could get in. Garnet and Kimi were good at pushing Reese out of his comfort zone.

Garnet felt old as she watched her brother-in-law and his husband take in each other. She also felt incredibly emotional and tears were quickly coming to her eyes as she tried her best to wipe them away. She let Reese and Anthony talk but she couldn't contain herself any longer. "My precious baby brother isn't a baby anymore!" Garnet exclaimed, wrapping Reese into a tight hug. "Stop growing or I'll make you."
Garnet Hayes
Garnet Hayes
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Reese Hayes Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm

"Bless those kids," Reese said straight-faced. He honestly doubted Jakob was the father of any children, he probably had a fear of fathering a child like most straight men his age did. That was probably the one thing Jakob was responsible about. Reese didn't want kids and wasn't planning on having any so his parents were going to be very disappointed when the time came around. "They'll probably get a grand-dog or two out of me. Maybe a cat." Cats were quiet and that's exactly what Reese wanted. Kids and dogs were loud and got into whatever mess they could. He looked around the crowd for his husband and smiled his way. "Sasha isn't a fan of children either." But if Anthony and Garnet had children then Reese would be the best uncle that he possibly could.

Reese was almost caught off guard when Garnet wrapped him into a hug. Almost. He was used to Garnet's hugs by now and he just as tightly returned her hug. "I was never a baby," Reese laughed. "I stopped growing when I was thirteen unfortunately so there will be no more growing for me. So you got your wish, you get two more."
Reese Hayes
Reese Hayes
Adult
Adult

Virgo Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down