Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Dorm 1: First Heart Break

Go down

Dorm 1: First Heart Break Empty Dorm 1: First Heart Break

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Letters from David were becoming less and less frequent and Riley was beginning to doubt their relationship. At first David made him happy but as the school year went on, he began to worry about what he might be doing and why he hadn't heard from him in weeks. He didn't want to think that his lover would stray from him but it crossed his mind enough times to have him worrying about it more than he'd like to admit. Why could anyone cheat on someone? Weren't they happy together? Of course that's not what David was doing. He just had school and school got in the way of things. School was important. That had to be the reason to why his boyfriend wasn't returning his letters right away or maybe he just didn't get them. Letters were lost all the time, right?

When mail came at breakfast, Riley was a bit surprised when a letter had fallen onto his untouched plate. He run his fingers over his name, he knew it was David's messy hand writing. He looked around the crowded room, no one was paying attention to him so he got up from his seat and quickly made his way out of the grand hall. He wanted privacy in case this letter made him cry like a few others before it had. He knew just the right things to say to make Riley cry and he was good at it too. He didn't waant anyone to see him cry and he knew he'd be alone in his dorm.

The walk seemed to take forever though he was going as fast as he could without running down the halls. He had made to his dorm and now sat on the floor beside his bed. He was hesitant to open the letter and his hand hung in the air waiting for him to tell it what to do. "You can do this," he whispered. "You can." He hadn't even opened the letter and he was already getting emotional. There was always a chance that everything was okay and that he was worrying over nothing. But that wasn't the case. He was careful not to rip the precious paper the letter was written on and he slowly unfolded the note.

Riley,

You're right, you did have to worry. But not anymore. I did cheat and I felt bad, but I don't regret it. I don't want to hurt you but this was coming. I met a girl, a real cutie. Things happened and I cheated. You don't have to forgive me and I won't ask you to. It wouldn't be right if I asked that of you nor do I want your forgiveness. I didn't love you. You told me so many times you loved me and I lied and said I loved you to. I didn't. I didn't love you. And I never will.

-David

It took a moment for things to settle and when they did, the boy felt tears run down his face. Had he been crying the whole time? He wasn't sure, he hadn't noticed. He folded the letter back up and placed it corefully on the ground before pulling his covers over his body and laying on the ground in a big pile of mess.

Back to top Go down

Dorm 1: First Heart Break Empty Re: Dorm 1: First Heart Break

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Bo liked to sleep in most days now and was often late to breakfast. He felt bad, since that meant him and Riley were accustomed to eating breakfast alone, but he couldn't get himself motivated early enough in the morning to get to the grand hall when breakfast was hot.

Today was different. He had been awake in bed when he heard Riley leave and minutes after, he got up and dressed and made his way down to the grand hall to join his friend. However, once he arrived, he saw Riley quickly leaving. Bo rose an eyebrow. Mail had just arrived which meant it was still pretty early and there was no way Riley could've finished eating already. He knew something was up. He quickly grabbed a napkin and put a pair of biscuits in it before turning heel and heading back to his dorm.

Bo was hesitant as he opened the door. He knew something was up but wasn't sure if Riley wanted him there yet. "Can I come in?" He asked, as he gently rapped upon the door. A large lump in the blanket upon the ground hinted that Riley was beneath. Bo sighed and crouched besides the mass, placing a careful hand on top. "Hey mate, you didn't eat any brekkie so I brought you some," He said, rubbing his hand gently on what he thought to be Riley's arm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:22 pm

Eating was the last thing on the fourth year's mind and he didn't really care that he was hungry. The pain out weighed the hunger. He didn't even look up when he heard his best friend knock on the door. He didn't say anything, he didn't want to talk or see anyone. He didn't want to explain anything and didn't want to talk in general. He pulled the blanket closer around him and shut his eyes tight. He wanted everything to go away and he wanted to never contact David in the first place. If he hadn't had wrote him in the first place, things would be okay. And maybe, just maybe, things would be different between Riley and Bo. It crossed the male's mind that his best friend would have his own opinion about what David had done to him and he would probably have his opinion known.

He only opened his eyes because Bo had began to talk to him for a second time. "I'm not hungry," he said softly. Riley wanted to smile when Bo tried to comfort him but he didn't. He let out a small sigh and took his covers off. "Read the letter." Once he did, he'd understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:19 am

Bo could barely make out the words Riley uttered from beneath the blanket, indicating he was not interested in eating. Bo frowned. Whatever was bothering Riley was really hurting his friend and he just wished he knew what it was so he could help. "Well, your muffin will be here in case you change your mind later," Bo said, placing one of the two muffins on Riley's nightstand above his head and then taking the other one for his own. He bite into it and munched as he waited with patience for Riley to emerge.

Eventually he did and Bo could see traces of Riley crying on his face. He refrained from mentioning it as Riley told him to read the letter. Bo searched around his person for the letter which Riley was talking about and seized the parchment in hand once he did find it. His eyes traced over the words on the page, becoming more irritated with each word. Not only did Riley's boyfriend do something awful, the bastard wasn't even sorry for it.

Upon completion of the letter, Bo clenched it in his fist. He felt oddly calm, like the sky before a storm, and did not know what to say. "That bastard," he said, through clenched teeth. He dropped the crushed letter and rose to his feet. "That good for nothing, son of a bitch!" David was lucky that Beauxbatons was so far away from where he was or else Bo would've stormed right over and shown him real heartbreak, or more like, face-break. He never deserved Riley in the first place if he was so shamelessly capable of cheating on him as soon as another cute face passed him by. Bo paced the room in his ire. "Absolute tosser! You deserve better than that!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Riley didn't really like Bo's reaction but a weight had still been lifted off of his shoulders. Someone knew what happened and he didn't have that secret to himself anymore. But that didn't mean it didn't eat at him, he was still feeling sorry for himself and Bo's words went helping. He had thought David was a good guy but not his view of his once boyfriend, and friend, was shattered. He didn't want to talk about it yet he had so many things he wanted to say. So many thoughts filled his mind. Was he not good enough? Was he ugly? Did he have bad habits? Did he talk too much? He was such a need and now that he thought about it, he talked about comic books more than he should. Not everyone had the same interests as him yet he thought most people did.

He didn't look up when his friend began to pace around their room. He hadn't laid an eye on him since he arrived. "I wasted so much time on him," he said once Beauregard was finished talking. He had told him he loved him and he got nothing in return. This seemed to be so much more than just David, it seemed that everyone left him eventually. He didn't want to live anyone, it would hurt to much when they left. "I don't want to love, everyone leaves." Tears began to fall again and he quickly began wiping then away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Bo was still fuming. How dare anyone hurt his best friend like David did to Riley! What made things worse was how much Riley trusted this guy. He had been a childhood friend to Riley and yet he still felt the need to betray Riley. He paced the room without ease. He wanted to do something to make Riley feel better but he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that David cheated.

He nodded fiercely as Riley said he wasted so much time on David. Like hell he did. It would've been different if David simply broke up with Riley, but instead he was seeing someone else behind his back. He stopped dead in his tracks as Riley made a comment about everyone he loved leaving.

"What about me?" He said, hurt by his words. "I know you don't feel the same way about me that I feel for you, but Riley don't you know I won't ever leave you? I know how it feels to be abandoned too. I wouldn't put you through that. I...I care about you," he folded his long lashes over his almond eyes. He loved him even. "And your adoptive parents? They treat you right. And your sister. We're not going to leave you." He kneeled down and rested a hand on Riley's arm. "It sucks. What David did to you was wrong but I promise you are going to be okay."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:25 pm

He didn't know how he felt about anyone at the moment. He couldn't get a grasp on how he felt about David at the moment. He was sad and angry but he didn't hate the boy. He didn't hate anyone, he just had a strong dislike for some people. He was a bit upset that he had offended Bo but he truly felt like people left him. He wiped his eyes and stood up. "I care about you, Bo," he crossed his arms. "I just....I don't know how to feel." He was close to Bo, he was the only person that knew just about everything about him. "You know me more than anyone else."

"I don't have parents, just a mom," he corrected him. "I guess they wouldn't leave me." But the thought had always been in the back of his head. He looked over at his friend and held out his hand. "I just need a hug."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Bo was annoyed by what David had done, but quickly forgave what Riley had said to offend him. It wasn't about him right now and he prioritized making Riley feel better in that moment. He nodded sympathetically as Riley told him he didn't know how to feel. "He was someone you trusted and loved and yet he lied and ending up really hurting you. Even though your mind knows better than to love that person, it's going to take awhile to forget about David," Bo said, assuming he had meant David when he said he wasn't sure how to feel.

Bo made a noise and gesture as Riley corrected him on his guardian count to show he was trying his best here. He never met Riley's mom and didn't know she didn't have a husband. Though he relaxed when his words seemingly got to Riley and softened as Riley asked for a hug. Bo willingly gave it to him, wrapping his friend in his long arms and resting his head on top of Riley's. He held there for a while. "We're not going to leave you," He reassured him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 pm

It seemed like Bo knew exactly what to say sometimes, his words gave the boy hope. Even if it was a little. Once the hurt started to fade, he'd have more hope. But at the moment, his heart hurt like hell and he wanted to cry all over his best friend's shoulder. "It's so hard to trust and love someone when you're always being hurt by people," he frowned. First his father abandoned him, then all those people that gave him back, and then David. He was sure that there would be more people and he wasn't sure if he was ready to get hurt again. Was anyone ever really ready to get hurt? He would never be okay with getting his heart broken. "He stepped on my heart and then spit on it." He wasn't sorry he hurt him, that's the part that hurt Riley the most. David didn't even care.

Riley felt like a hobbit compared to his taller friend but he enjoyed the height difference. He liked being the shorter friend, it was just nice. "Promise?" The fourth year buried his face into his friend's shirt and smiled a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Bo nodded solemnly at Riley's words. Merlin knew Bo understood how it felt to be abandoned. However, it wasn't about him, so he didn't say anything. He just listened as Riley spoke of his heartbreak. "It wasn't right of him," Bo commented quietly. He still really wanted to make David pay for what he did to Riley. Willing to even risk illegally doing magic outside of school in order to get his point across, but Bo dropped the topic and instead gave Riley a warm hug and held his friend.

He rubbed Riley's back as his face disappeared into his shirt. He felt so warm being this close to Riley and felt as if he could hold Riley forever. He wanted to do more than just hug, but given the current break up, he figured Riley would not be pleased with any advances from him. He'd have to give it some time and even then Bo was hesitant to act. He wasn't sure he could handle rejection again.

"I promise. I'd sell my soul to the devil before I ever thought about turning my back on you, Riley." He rose a hand to Riley's hair and twirled his curls between his long fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:48 pm

No one had been there for Riley as much as Bo had and he knew it. He knew that he could tell his best friend anything and everything, he'd listen to every word. And he would do the same for him. He really was perfect and it was something that Riley couldn't deny. But at the moment, his heart was hurt and all he could think of was David. Maybe, just maybe, in the future, Bo would consider having him. But right now, he was heartbroken and the hug was really helping him out.

The boy let out a long sigh , a smile played on his lips as his friend played with his curls. Normally he hated his hair but right now he loved the touch of his friend's fingers in his hair. "I'll never leave you," he said softly. He promised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down