Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

An Abundance of Pets

Go down

An Abundance of Pets Empty An Abundance of Pets

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Beauregard had wanted to get his shopping done and get out as soon as possible, which was why he avoided his sister since they had arrived at Amethyst Alley that morning. However, he could only avoid the red-haired girl for so long before she spotted him and took him by his arm, giving him no other choice but to just follow along.

She lead them to the pet store, which made Bo's eyes rolled. He liked animals, dogs mainly, but upon moving in with the St. Holmes, the boy was flooded with an assortment of birds and fish and other small creatures that inhabited their apartment with them, along with a countless number of stray cats which seemingly found home within his. He couldn't imagine why he would ever need another pet, but Melody claimed they could bring one to school.

"So I'll take one of the birds we have already or something," Bo argued, but Mel had already dragged him into the shop and hearing the door close behind him with a ding of a bell above the door, Bo knew there was no easy way out then. "I don't want to look at the pets if I am not going to be getting any pets. Please, I want to leave," Beauregard pleaded. This was senseless and he was making such good time thus far with making the shopping trip a breeze.

Back to top Go down

An Abundance of Pets Empty Re: An Abundance of Pets

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:56 pm

Mel smiled at her brother when she finally found him again. He starter to say that he wanted to leave again, but she shook her head and dragged him along to a shop she had been planning for them to go to all day. The Pet Shop. Even though they numerous pets at home she still had wanted to get one with Bo for Beauxbatons, she figured it would be a brother sister bonding activity. However, once they were in the shop she wasn't going to let him leave.

"Come on Bo, just have fun. There has to be at least one animal you want? An owl? A cat?" She suggested. "There has to be something here that sparks your interest?" She said and crossed her arms. She knew that she'd wanted a cat when she;d first come to Beauxbatons, but wanted to make sure she had the room in her dorm first. Sighing, she looked around. "Just give it a look, okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:18 pm

This was one of those things in which Melody strongly believed in and Beauregard differed. Just like how Melody preferred a vegetarian diet, yet Bo was having trouble making the change from an omnivorous one and still despised not having meat around the house. 'Animals were friends,' Bo couldn't argue with that one, but after having an assortment of pets coexisting at home with him, it almost made pet owning lose it's charm.

"I don't want a cat and I can always use one of the family owls for sending letters," Beauregard answered, folding his arms across his chest. However, he knew there was no leaving the shop without making an effort. He rolled his eyes and then took a few steps forward, his brown eyes scanning over the selection of pets.

Owls, cats, boring. Toads, he couldn't imagine why anyone would be pick. Pygmy puffs. "Well these don't even look like they're real," He noted, poking a finger into the cage of fluffy pink and purple creatures and watching as the shuttered. These were nothing of interest to him and he had turned heel and was ready to leave when he spotted a small cage with a weasel like creature resting in it.

He approached, looking down at the long furry creature, drooped lazily sleeping. He had been admiring it for awhile so that he was surprised when Mel came over. "Uh, just looking at this ferret..." He told her, not wanting to admit he actually liked the bloody little beast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Mel rolled her eyes at Bo, "Look there's no sense in getting defensive about it, okay? We're already here so you might as well take a look around." She said before walking off in search of her own little bundle of joy. She knew what she was going to get. She had a strange fancy towards cats. They seemed to always be there when she needed to talk or if she wanted to take a nice naps. Cats were understanding creatures and she was sure, that whichever one she picked, it would understand her.

After searching around for a while, she found a small little gray kitten. "Hello there." She smiled sweetly pet it's little head. "How would you like to come home with me?" She asked the kitten as she picked him up and went in search of Bo. Once she found him, Melody chuckled a little as he tried to seem nonchalant about finding an animal that fit his fancy. "It's okay Bo, you can get the ferret, you don't have to pretend not to like him." She smiled. "What are you going to call him?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Beauregard parted from Melody to look on his own. The last thing he needed was for the ginger to be breathing down his neck while he looked for the perfect pet he was certain he was not going to find. She seemed to have gotten distracted by something, which gave him time to himself. He liked the ferret he saw, but that was just about it out of the shop and he wasn't even sure about the ferret.

"I know I can get the ferret if I want," Bo replied, sharply. He turned to see Melody holding a kitten and rolled his eyes. "Now I know why you wanted to come here in the first place." Marigold and Oliver must've given her permission to get a pet for herself as well, since she didn't get one in her first year. "Her," Bo corrected, as Melody asked about a name. "I'm not sure if I want her or not," he bit his lip. Maybe there was no use in fighting it anymore. "Fine, I'll get her," He told Melody. He already took care of the pets at home, what was bringing one to school with him.

He cradled the soft ferret in his coffee colored hands. "I think I'll call her Bandit," Bo announced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Melody rolled her eyes and giggled at her brother a little. She knew he was stubborn and watched as he fought with his conscious. She liked teasing him, but it wasn't a hurtful tease, it was a sisterly love kind of thing. "Oh, Right!" She said in a funny but loving way. "My bad, Her." She smiled. "Well now that you've decided to take her home with you, we can get a cage and other things for 'Bandit'. She smiled and walked over with him to the pet accessories. "Pick out out what you would like." She smiled. "Mom and dad gave us a little extra money so we could get them things." She said and picked up a small kitty bed and litter box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down