Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards

Go down

The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards Empty The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 am

Serah's confidence was still going strong. Being sorted into Montagnard, pulling a prank in Charms with Milan, and successfully navigating her first day contributed to her current state of happiness.

She couldn't hang out with Milan all the time (since she was sorted into Cerisier), so Serah decided that she needed to meet other people.

One of the easiest ways to meet people, Serah assumed, was to be in a location where people hung out. And the most logical place to meet people in her house was the Montagnard commons room.

So Serah was prepared. She was sitting on one of the plush couches, and she was pretending to read some sort of teenage magazine (with some famous muggle on it).

She was sitting there for less than five minutes, when someone sat down across from her. Serah looked up. "Hi!" she greeted.

Back to top Go down

The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards Empty Re: The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sat May 03, 2014 2:26 pm

The lighting in Malachi's dorm wasn't suitable for doing most art projects, so Malachi had become accustomed to doing them in either a classroom or the Montagnard common room. Usually, people never bothered him, which was fine and dandy with him. He often needed to focus, but today was different. He was running low on supplies and didn't feel like sketching, so he had grabbed a handful of colorful strings and sat himself down in one of the common room chairs. He wanted to make friendship bracelets for some of the people he had met in school and was starting one when he heard a voice.

Since Kai was used to not being bothered, at first he didn't recognize the hello as directed towards him. That was, until he noticed the girl holding the open magazine was looking directly at him. "Mir?" Malachi questioned, pointing towards himself. Once he had determined that it was himself that she was greeting, he immediately felt guilt. "I am so sorry, Fraulein! I was distracted!" He apologized. "What is it that I can do for you?" He questioned, not understanding that her motivations were just conversational.

mir= me. Fraulein=miss
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards Empty Re: The Logical Way to Meet Montagnards

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 8:10 pm

"S-s-sorry!" Serah said. "I didn't-t mean to frighten you. I wanted to say hi."

Serah looked down at the space between them, debating on if she was going to talk more.The boy had embroidery thread in his hands and looked kind of busy. "What are you doing?" She asked curiously.

"German is a really cool language. I had to study it in my homeland. Even though we are nowhere near Germany," Serah nodded appreciatively.

Serah had to remember not to be a know-it-all about foreign (foreign to her) languages. She needed to fit in. French and Estonian were the only languages people needed to know that she spoke. No need to brag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malachi St. Holmes Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 am

Malachi's face remained soft, as his personality often was, and smiled pleasantly at the girl as she struggled to explain she was merely being friend. "Oh, hello then!" He replied, he smiled amiable. He found nothing wrong with that and it was hardly a distraction from his own work. Friendship bracelet making was easy enough to do so that he could do it and talk at the same time.

"I am weaving bracelets," Malachi explained, raising the multiple schemes of colorful threads. "You make one with a certain person in mind and then you give it to them and it is called a friendship bracelet," He further discussed. Perhaps it was an overkill explanation, but Malachi always thought the idea of the bracelets were so sweet. "Do you want to try? I've got plenty of thread to work with," He offered. He was even willing to show her how, if she was not familiar with the art of weaving.

His fingers continued to work the threads, weaving and twisting and tying the colors into a pattern. He chuckled slightly when the girl complimented his native language, knowing well by now that he stuck out as a German boy among the French like a sore thumb. "Danke Fraulein, but to me it is only natural. I heir from Germany and only started learning French a year before I came to Beauxbatons. Ach, I am not always good with French," Malachi explained. He wasn't multilingual like many of the other students he had met and though he was glad to meet a few that could speak German as well, it made him regret not taking up French earlier so he could be as good as them.

Danke Fraulein=thank you, miss, ach=alas
Malachi St. Holmes
Malachi St. Holmes
Ghost
Ghost

Taurus Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Serah smiled. "French is a difficult language. It takes awhile to learn. You're doing-g fine. I couldn't speak it as well as you do in just a few years. My mother spoke French," Serah explained. "It was either learn French, or never talk to her."

She'd never heard of friendship bracelets, so she was grateful for the explanation. It made her feel a little more cultured.

"Is weaving like braiding?" Serah asked as his fingers arranged the thread in an unfamiliar way. She didn't know if he was making it look easy or if it actually was. She was curious, for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down