Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Letters to Home

Go down

Letters to Home  Empty Letters to Home

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Tamara had recently gotten a letter from her mother complaining about how she rarely ever wrote, which was both annoying and understandable. Mrs. Perle had only one child and was experiencing Empty Nest Syndrome. Now, personally, Tamara thought her mother should pick up a hobby of some sort, that hobby however turned into checking up on her daughter with a letter or five every day. Day. Tamara finally wrote her reply back to her mother and was heading up to the owlery to send it off. The letter contained the same information it usually held. I'm fine, classes are well, I'm hanging out with Grace, etc. She knew her mother meant well, it just got annoying sometimes. Tamara hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings and bumped right into someone. "I am so sorry!" She looked up, recognizing the face immediately. "Oh! Ruby, hey." She smiled at the girl.

Back to top Go down

Letters to Home  Empty Re: Letters to Home

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Ever since Ruby had found out about her alive parents, she had been writing them. She found out that they had a child that wasn't much younger than Ruby herself. Why had they gotten rid of her and have a child two years later? Not that she was complaining about living with her Mama and Papa, she loved them to death. Of course she had told them that she had decided to write them (It was their fault she had found out about her parents after all) and even sent the letters that she received from her real parents.

She was heading to the Owlery to send letters to her real parents and her Mama and Papa. She even wrote a quick note to her...brother, Malachi. Her letters fell from her hands when she was bumped into. "Oh goodness," Ruby exclaimed then looked up when her name was said. "Oh! Hey Tamara!" She hurried to grab her letters. "How are you? Writing your family too?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Tamara quickly knelt down to help Ruby gather her letters. "I'm so sorry! I was in my own little world." She smiled at her friend. "I'm doing well. How are you?" Tamara handed the letters back to Ruby and played with her letter. "Yes, my mother is constantly checking up on me. She misses me a lot, even though it isn't my first year. I get at least fifteen letters from her by the end of the week and three sentences in one letter from my father." She laughed softly. "You're writing to your family too?" Tamara gestured to the letters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 pm

"Mama and Papa worry too, though I don't get as many letters as you." She had a special bond with her papa, he was always letting her try out his new toys. But she always loved making cookies with her mama. She loved spending time with both of them but she needed to know more about her real parents.

"Yeah, I'm writing family. My mama and papa get a letter and my real parents get a letter." She had sent a total of three letters to them and this would be the first time she sent a note to her brother. "I still get nervous every time a write them. I always wonder what they're going to say. My real parents, I mean." She played with the letter in her hand, she was never sure how they were going to react. She always knew how Mama and Papa would react, she knew them. Her real parents were new territory, something that hasn't been explored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:21 pm

"My mother is just an extreme worrier." Tamara shrugged. Her mother was a worry wart and her father, while he was worried and care for her, always had to calm down Mrs. Perle. She played with her hair while they spoke. Real parents? Oh... she hadn't realized how much she didn't know about Ruby.

"Real parents? You were adopted?" She asked quietly, not wanting to offend her or cross any lines. Ruby was a good friend, they weren't as close as Tamara and Grace were, but a friend still. Tamara shifted her weight, fidgeting with her fingers, a nervous habit she really needed to break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 am

"Mama likes to worry too," Ruby nodded, agreeing that parents were overprotective. They always asked how she was and what she was up to. She sometimes replied back with a sarcastic answer, like I'm planning on starting a riot, I started a flea circus, I'm causing tons of trouble. In all honesty, she only told her best friend about how much she hated the uniforms and her other strong beliefs.

"Yeah, I'm adopted." There was no use being ashamed of it, she loved her Mama and Papa. They were always there for her, always loved her. "I'm writing my real parents to ask them a few questions, I thought they were dead." But they just didn't want me... she thought. A frown threatened to spread across her lips but she wouldn't allow it. "They have a son, not much younger than me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Tamara nodded in agreement. "Where are you from? I totally forgot since that first day we met..." She admitted. Tamara was so forgetful about those sort of things.

"I hope your real parents write back to you." She smiled gently at her. Tamara may have overstepped a boundary when she took Ruby's hand and gave it a gente, reassuring squeeze. She was only trying to be friendly. Tamara could tell some of the tension that surrounded the conversation of her real parents. "So, you have a brother? Do you think he'll be magical too? You might get along with him." She offered optimistically. Tamara didn't want to ask anymore questions regarding the parent situation, mainly because she didn't want to offend Ruby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:01 pm

"Oh, I'm from Germany." She grinned, she was a bit homesick and just thinking of her home brought a smile to her face. "Berlin, Germany. What about you?"

"We've exchanged letters, but I'm not sure if my brother will write back." The word 'brother' sounded weird to her, even though they were technically siblings she couldn't consider him a brother until she knew him. "Turns out I'm a pureblood so he'll probably have the ability to do magic too. I'm not sure if I want him to come here though, I'm not sure if he'll like me." She twirled her hair between her fingers. "What about you? Wanna talk about anything? Your family? Friends?" She didn't want the attention on her any longer, it felt weird talking about her blood relatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 am

"Germany, I thought I remembered you saying that." Tamara nodded. "I'm from Toulouse, France. We have summer homes all over."

"Well... I think that would be a bit rude if he didn't write back, that's just my opinion." She quickly recovered, realizing how that sounded. Tamara listened to Ruby and nodded at appropriate places. "I'm a pureblood too and as far as family goes, it's just my mum, dad, and I. I don't have any siblings." She shrugged. "Plenty of cousins, but I rarely see them. And... I don't have very many friends. I didn't attend any muggle school so... when I met Grace, she was my first real friend." She admitted sheepishly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:14 pm

"Mama and Papa said that when they saw me, they just had to have me. They're the only family I have, I've never heard a thing about any other family like aunts and uncles. I bet having tons of family is awesome." Hopefully her brother would want to hang out with her and be friends. 

"Well, I'm your friend too so I count as like ten people so you won't be lonely." She had as much energy as ten people, she always kept people on their toes. "To be honest, I've never had many friends. So you're not alone." She didn't have friends until she started attending Beauxbatons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm

"Tons of family is nice, I get the occasional letter from them and my grandparents without fail visit and send gifts on holidays." Tamara said, thinking about her grandparents and parents. "My cousins are nice, but like I said, we rarely see each other... so I barely know them." She shrugged. Some of them were snobbish anyways.

Tamara grinned brightly at what Ruby said. "So, I guess that means I have eleven friends?" She giggled. "Well, I'm glad I can count you as a friend." She smiled at Ruby. Tamara looked down at the letters in her hands. Oh... she had totally forgotten about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down