Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Story of My Life

Go down

Story of My Life Empty Story of My Life

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am

Ruby had grown to love this little cozy pub and all it had to offer. There were some pretty interesting characters there and she loved to make up stories about them by the way they presented themselves. She made sure to only say nice things because it would be quite rude to make up horrible things about someone's life. She was looking for another person to make a story about and her eyes fell upon a boy about her age. Maybe he'd like to make up stories with her! It would be a great way to make a friend. But first she'd have to make up a story about him.

She chugged down her drink then got up from her table. "You! Boy that looks to be about my age!" She called while waving her hands. "Hello," she said when she finally approached him. "Wanna play a little game?" Before the boy could answer, Ruby began to explain the rules. 'So, you make up a story about someone in the room. But only say nice things because its quite mean to make up bad things. Want to play?" She looked the boy up and down, examining him so she could get a good story. "I think you might have siblings, am I right? I only ask because your clothes look a little too big and they could be hand-me-downs. Are you the youngest?"

Back to top Go down

Story of My Life Empty Re: Story of My Life

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Noah had finally gotten all his shopping done and was back in the pub waiting for his brother to finish his shopping. The eleven year old was exhausted after the long day and could barely feel his feet. He didn't want to leave his brother, but he couldn't walk anymore and said that he would wait for him in the pub. Everything was so strange here and Noah didn't know anyone, so he decided to pick a seat near the corner where not too many other people were. Hopefully no one would try to talk to him, he was shy and not very good at making conversation with people he didn't know. All hope was gone when he heard a girl hollering across the pub and turned to see that she was looking in his direction.

Noah looked around him to see if the girl was talking to someone else, but he was still alone. "Me?" he said while pointing to himself. She asked if he wanted to play a game but was already explaining the rules before he could answer. The girl was good at her game. "Y-yes. I have a lot of siblings, and I'm the youngest," he said shyly. "You have a good eye for detail."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Ruby was always observing things or people, it was a habit of hers. "Why thank you. I'm Ruby by the way. Only child." She grinned at him then looked around the pub. "We can play over some sodas if you want. I'll pay." Before he could reply, Ruby was already on her way to get two sodas. Hopefully he was stick gonna be there when she got back, it looked like she she kind of scared the boy. A grin spread across her face when she saw that he was still there.

"You picked a good area to sit," she noted when she came back with their drinks. "We're able to see everyone in the pub." She sat down across from the boy. "So, what about him?" She nodded towards a pretty cheerful guy that kept looking at his watch. "Looks to be about early twenties, don't you think? Looks to be waiting on someone. Maybe a girlfriend? What do you think?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:39 pm

"My name's Noah. It's nice to meet you," the young boy said kindly. "Thank you for the soda." He looked at the man that Ruby had pointed out. "Hmm... I think you're right, part of the way. He definitely looks like he's waiting for someone. I also agree that it's probably a date... But look at him." Noah took a sip of his soda and pointed to the man. "That scarf along with the skinny jeans and that hairstyle... I'd say he's waiting on a guy." Just then, another man walked into the pub and waved to the first. The first guy stood up and greeted him with a hug. "It looks like I'm not that bad at this game either." Noah smirked at Ruby.

"Okay, it's my turn to pick someone... Umm." The boy looked around the room and spotted an older woman talking to a couple of kids who appeared to be not much older than him. There was also another man and woman who looked to be the kids' parents. "How about that older woman over there," Noah said pointing to her. "The kids are introducing her to their mom and dad. I'm going to guess she's a teacher at the school and those are her students. Do you have any other guesses?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:29 pm

"You're pretty good at this, kid." Ruby watched the couple then turned to see what the boy was talking about. "You're making it too difficult, Noah. It could just be their Oma. I mean grandma. They look to be about our age and they've probably never been to the school yet so, how would they know a teacher already? Or maybe the lady came up to them to comment on how well behaved their children are." She noted how they were well behaved and calm. "I could never be that calm, I have too much energy." She giggled and searched for another person to make a story about.

"How about this," Ruby started, she looked the boy right in the eye and smirked a little. "Come up with a story about me and I'll buy you whatever you want on the menu as long as its close enough to my real life. I didn't tell you a little about myself, now its your turn to guess who I am." She gestured to herself and smiled. "Just based on appearance."

ooc: Oma=grandma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 pm

"All right then, let's see." Noah observed Ruby and tried to come up with things based on what he already knew. "You said you were an only child, so there's that." He had to think hard, there was free food riding on if he was close or not. "You said 'Oma' which is German if I'm correct. So I'm guessing there is German heritage in your family tree, Possibly your grandparents?" The boy couldn't think of anything else Ruby had said that would help him, so he decided to start focusing on her personality. "You are very outgoing, and not shy at all. I'm guessing that you are around people a lot. Also, you're quite spunky. These things combined lead me to believe you are from a large town or city. That or you move around a lot. You keep offering to buy me things, so your parents probably aren't too bad off." Noah tried thinking of more, but that was all he had. "Okay, I'm done. How did I do?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:39 am

"So close, my dear Noah. There is indeed German heritage in my family because I live in Germany. I'll still buy you something though." She took a sip of her drink and smiled. "I live with my adoptive parents so they're German. I don't really know anything about my real parents, I was told they died when I was young. I've lived in the same house for most of my life and I do live in a big city."

"My dad invents and makes toys, how cool is that? We have money." Ruby shrugged, money was never really important to her. But she had learned that people liked money and liked her only for that reason. "I get to try them out. That reminds me!" She pulled her bag open, she never left home without it, and pulled out a toy with a cup and a ball attached. "You try to get the ball into the cup. My dad didn't make this, but he has tons of them." She shoved the toy into his hands and smiled. "If you ever get bored." Hopefully this was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm

"Wow, I did a lot better than I had thought. Sorry about your parents. My mom also died when i was really young." Noah was really young when his mother passed, and he didn't remember a lot about her other than that she was very loving and very pretty. His siblings talked about her a lot though and the young boy wishes that he could have spent more time with her.

"That's awesome! I wish I could try out new toys all the time." He watched as the girl pulled a toy out of her bag. "Hey, I used to have one of these when I was a little kid. After a lot practice and frustration I got pretty good at it. Let's see if I've still got it." Noah stuck out his tongue in concentration as he tried to put the ball in the little cup. He wasn't doing as well as he remembered doing as a child. "I guess I've lost my touch. I can really keep this? Thank you!" The boy tried one more time to get the ball in the cup and handed it back to Ruby. "Here, I wanna see if you can do it. Also, it's your turn to figure me out. You already know that I have siblings, lets see what else you can figure out about me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:35 am

Ruby shrugged, she didn't know much about her real patents so it didn't really make a difference to her. "I'm sorry about your mama." She gave his shoulder a squeeze and grinned at him. "I was too young to really know them, I guess. Memories have faded."

Ruby began to try to get the ball onto the cup and she did it with ease. "I love toys." She had time to practice with the cup toy and she could do it in her sleep. "Okay, I'll try to figure you out." She set the toy down and stared at him. "My dear sweet Noah, you must live with your father or some other family member. I think there might be a girl or two in your home, it looks like you were attacked by hugs and kisses before leaving your home. Girls can be a bit sentimental." Was he here alone? Were none of his siblings wizards too? "You must be muggle born, there's no one here with you and wouldn't a brother or sister show around their little brother?"

She leaned back in her seat, satisfied with her answer. "So, how did I do?" She hoped that she did well so she didn't look like she was terrible at her own game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

"My dear Ruby, you did pretty well, although you are just a bit off. I do live with my father and some of my siblings are indeed girls. I am also muggle born. However, I have three older siblings that go to Beauxbatons. My older brother Sawyer has been showing me around all day today, and helping me with my shopping. He's a prefect." Noah gleamed. He wasn't exactly sure what a prefect was, but he knew it was an honor to be one, so he thought it must be cool to have one as your brother, and to have one show you around and take you shopping for school. "He still has some more shopping to do and I was getting tired of walking, so I decided to would come back here and wait for him to finish."

The young boy was starting to be glad that he came back to the pub. Had he not, he wouldn't have met Ruby and they wouldn't have had so much fun. He looked down at his empty glass that had previously contained the soda that was now in his stomach. "I still have a little bit of money left over from shopping. Do you want another soda, or maybe a snack?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:55 pm

"Is it nice having siblings?" She had always wanted someone to play around with and call them her brother or sister. She had brought the subject up many times with her parents, but their reactions were not what she wanted. "I want siblings, Mama and Papa are...their reactions to the question make it clear that they can only handle me." She was indeed a handful and everyone knew it. "Before I got my letter, I gave Papa a makeover, he wasn't too happy but I was."

"I said I'd treat you to anything on the menu and I'm a girl of my word. Pick anything you'd like, Noah. It is on me and I'll even throw in a drink. I've wanted to try this butteberr stuff. Have you ever had it?" The drink interested her ever since she had seen it on the menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:22 pm

"I like having siblings, there's never a dull moment in our house. However, some peace and quiet would be nice sometimes." Noah loved all of his older brothers and sisters to death, but they could get on his nerves at times. "You gave your dad a makeover!? I think my dad would kill me if I ever did that to him. Did you at least make him look good?"

"I've never tried butterbeer either, but my brother got some earlier when we first got here. I decided to get pumpkin juice instead. He says it's really good though. How about this, since you did offer to buy me something, you can get us a couple of snacks." Noah looked up at the menu and picked out one of the cheaper things on it. The girl had already spent some money on him and he didn't want her to spend much more. "I'll take the Potate Sarladaise. While you are deciding what you want, I will go order us a couple of those butterbeers." The boy got up and walked to the bar before Ruby could have a chance to stop him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:12 am

"There's tons of peace and quiet at my home, but sometimes it's nice to make some noise." When her father was busy or when her mother needed some quiet, they'd ask her to play in the basement or go outside. When it was too cold or the weather just wasn't right, Ruby found herself in the basement and making a ton of noise. "I would love to have siblings, but not a lot. Maybe one or two."

Butterbeer sounded like a weird drink and anything weird made Ruby interested. "It seems like an interesting drink." Ruby couldn't agree or disagree with Noah's idea because before she could answer him, he had told her what he wanted and then walked away. She crossed then uncrossed her legs as she looked over the menu and waited for him to return. She wasn't sure what she wanted, but the desserts were calling her name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Noah walked up to the counter, pleased that he was able to buy a drink for Ruby before she could give her disapproval. "Two butterbeers please," He said to the person behind the counter. The boy looked back to his new friend and smirked while he waited for their drinks. Once their butterbeers were done, Noah thanked the person and returned back to his seat. "One butterbeer for you, and one for me," he said handing Ruby her drink and picking up his own. The young boy smelled the drink. It smelled sweet, somewhat like butterscotch, but there was something else to it that he couldn't name.

"since neither of us have tried it before, how about we drink it at the same time? On the count of three?" Noah lifted his butterbeer closer to his mouth. "One... two... three!" The boy tipped his glass and took a small drink. It was very sweet at first, but then it had a bit of a fizzy taste. It seemed so familiar but yet so different from anything he had ever had, all at the same time. "Hmm... I like it. What do you think?" He took another drink to assess it some more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:14 pm

"Sounds like a splendid plan!" If they tried it at the same time, they'd both know what it tasted like at the same time. After Noah counted down, she brought the drink to her lips and took a big gulp. It tasted sweet, nothing like she had ever had before. It was a unique taste, that was the only word that came to mind when she thought about the flavor of the drink. "It's tasty," she agreed. "I like it, it's very sweet."

Ruby still hadn't decided on what she wanted off of the menu, there were so many good choices to choose from. "I think I'm gonna get a dessert, something sweet to go along with this butterbeer." She picked the menu back up and examined it. "Wanna share a dessert? If I eat all of it, it'll be too sweet for me. Wanna share a chocolate mousse?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:42 am

"It is very sweet, but it's also kind of fizzy. It seems so familiar but yet so unique all at the same time. It's so strange. I definitely like it though." Noah took another drink of his butterbeer. Now he understood why his older brother Sawyer was drinking it so slowly earlier. He must have wanted to saver every minute of it. That's how Noah felt about the drink, but at the same time, he didn't want to stop drinking it. He took another drink."I should slow down before it's all gone," he chuckled.

"That sounds like a great idea. I like chocolate mousse... I think. I'm not sure if I've ever actually had it. But it's chocolate and I like chocolate, so I must like chocolate mousse too... right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:00 pm

"It's very good," Ruby agreed, it had to be one of the best things she had tasted. She would have to get a lot more after this, maybe they had it at Beauxbatons. That would be great, she would drink it all the time if she was able to. "Butterbeer will probably end up to be one of my most favorite drinks. Hot cocoa is still the best, with cinnamon and marshmallows." Cold wintet,days were the best to have the hot drink and memories of it made her smile.

"You've never had chocolate mousse? Well, chocolate mousse is sort of light and creamy. I like it a lot, then again I like just about anything sweet." Chocolate was a great flavor and was one of her favorites. "Its settled, we're gonna share this treat and I'm going to watch your face as you take your first bite."

A waitress came and took Ruby's order. They didn't have to wait long, the waitress was soon back with the chocolate mousse and two spoons. She set the bowl in front of them and left to attend to other customers. Ruby scooted the bowl closer to Noah with a grin. "Try it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:04 am

"I love hot cocoa!" Noah was glad that he ended going back to the pub while Sawyer was finishing his shopping. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have met Ruby and wouldn't have made a new friend. "I'm really glad I met you." The boy smiled at his new friend. "Same here. I like just about anything sweet too. The chocolate mousse sounds really good."

Noah waited for the waitress to return with their treat. He was anxious to try it. Finally she returned, holding a large glass bowl filled with the mousse and two spoons. The boy picked up his spoon and scooped some of it out. The mousse looked kind of like a thicker version of chocolate pudding. It looked really good. "Okay, here I go." He put the spoon in his mouth. It was really good. "It's like a chocolaty heaven in my mouth!" Noah pushed the other spoon towards Ruby, inviting her to join in on the tasty goodness and took another spoonful for himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 pm

"I'm glad I came back too." Ruby smiled at the boy and blushed slightly. "I'm not very good at making friends so this is kind of new to me." She was always the awkward girl who talked to herself or something that wasn't even alive. People tended to stay away from her because of that and she couldn't blame them for that, she did that to herself. "I'm awkward," she admitted, she always was and always will be. Her height was even awkward, she was taller than most girls her age and it bothered her to no end.

Ruby was satisfied with Noah's response to the mousse, she was glad he liked it. "It's really good," she agreed, she picked up her spoon and put a spoonful into her mouth. "I really like it," she said with a mouthful of mousse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 pm

"You're not good at making friends?" Noah was shocked. "I never would have guessed it the way you came over here and started talking to me. I don't think you're awkward." He smiled and thought back to when Ruby had first come over to his table. He had sat in the corner, hoping nobody would notice and try to come talk to him. He was never very good at talking to people he didn't know. "If anything, I'm the awkward person, sitting in a dark corner of the pub all by myself. I was surprised you even saw me."

Noah waited for Ruby to take her first bite then took another for himself. He laughed when she tried to talk with a mouthful of mousse in her mouth. He could still understand her though. With his mouth full, he replied, "I really like it too." He hoped she could understand him. Noah swallowed the rest of the mousse in his mouth before trying to speak again. "Where has this stuff been all my life?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:42 pm

"I am indeed not good at making friends," Ruby repeated with a small dry laugh, the subject wasn't amusing to her. "I had to make some friends because if I didn't then school would be so lonely and boring. At least back home I'd come home to Mama and Papa." She would not be able to go home whenever she wanted though, she would get homesick. It was only natural for that to happen. "You're not awkward, Noah, just a bit shy. It's only natural for someone to be shy." It didn't seen like it, but the girl could be shy at times.

She giggled at the boy when he tried to talk with his mouthful, she could only catch a bit of what he said. Something about life maybe? "I couldn't quite understand you." She dipped her spoon into the mousse and put it in her mouth. She loved chocolate, this stuff was truly great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down