Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Detention: Taking Care of Horses

Go down

Detention: Taking Care of Horses Empty Detention: Taking Care of Horses

Post by Professor O'Riley Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Professor O'Riley hated to see students in trouble and always encouraged them to be on their best behavior. She hated to run detention, but the job must be done. It took a lot of thinking to come up with something for the students to do for getting in trouble. When she had heard the new, the professor was shocked at the behavior of the students. But sometimes people did bad things, but that didn't make them bad. The professor didn't believe in people being bad and refused to call a student 'bad'.

Once the students started to file in, the professor cleared her throat to get their attention. "Hello, I'm Professor O'Riley and I'm in charge of detention today. You're very lucky you didn't get someone stricter to me. But, do not take my generosity for granted, I will get mean." Though she hated to get mean, she would if she truly had to. "Okay, you all know why you're here and I'm not going to repeat what has happened. So, I'm going to tell you what you'll be doing. You're here today to help clean the stables. This includes cleaning up after the animals and making sure they have food and water. Each student will have their own horse to take care of so there will be no fighting." She eyes each student, her eyes lingered on the youngest.

"You, Miss Miller, are assigned to Cotton. She's a bit high strong and can be a handful," she said as she pointed to a beautiful brown horse. "You, Miss D'Angelo, are assigned to Taffy. She's a little feisty so be careful." She pointed to a pure white horse. "And finally, Mister D'Angelo, you will be assigned to Buddy. He is very sweet unless he thinks you're trouble. Let's hope he doesn't think you are." The final horse, a black horse with white on its nose, snorted.
Professor O'Riley
Professor O'Riley
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Detention: Taking Care of Horses Empty Re: Detention: Taking Care of Horses

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 am

Mabel didn't care for detention and thought of it as a second home. She was in there way too much and she didn't mind going there again. She was told to go to the stables and she was sure this wasn't going to be fun. She took her time to get ready and go to the stables, causing her to be late. She didn't care that the professor was upset with her for being late.

Once Professor O'Riley announced what they were to do, Mabel shook her head. No way was she going to take care of some stupid horse. And why was she given the most difficult? That was no fair! "I'm not doing this," she stated, folding her arms against her chest. "No way." Its not that she didn't want to get dirty, she just didn't want to do it at all. She was perfectly fine getting her hands dirty and she probably would have done the task if she wouldn't have gotten the most difficult horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 am

Christian had been to detention once before after doing something he couldn't quite remember to someone early in his school career. He had never been to a detention at the magical school he wasn't sure what kinds of things they had students do here. He was told to go to the stables and that was his first indication that this wasn't going to be fun. Once there he saw his detention mates were the girls who's fight he had broken up. The professor assigned them each a horse and Christian smirked when he found he had to nicest of them all, he was sure she was going easy on him since he hadn't injured anyone and had been breaking up the fight instead of continuing it. He could have injured the little brat that thought beating people was a good idea but he was being good that day and it seemed to have paid off. Sure he would have liked it better if he got no detention but the easier detention was a good option too.

He rolled his eyes when the other girl complained that she wasn't going to clean the stalls and tend to the massive, winged horses. Sure she had gotten the hardest one but if she thought she was so damn powerful or whatever she could handle it. "All big and bad until it comes to a little work." He said under his breath not wanting to get into too much trouble for his words. Christian started cleaning out the stall of Buddy, the horse seemed nice enough and even seemed to take a likely to the Cerisier once he was there long enough. He knew Odette had horses at her house so he wasn't worried about her handling this detention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Odette had never had a detention in her entire life, granted she had had a personal tutor most of her life, but still. This was a new concept to her. She made sure was early and met the professor out at the stables. This was detention? Taking care of horses did not seem like much of a punishment to her. She loved the beautiful soft skin, the playful whinnies and the freedom you felt when you were riding one...it was almost magical.

She knew very well that they weren't aloud to ride them and they were here for punishment, but she knew this would not be a bad punishment at all.
She smiled when she saw her innocent white horse..." Hi baby...." She said walking closer to her, holding out her hand with an apple in it... "It's okay..." She coaxed the mare and laughed as she gave her a satisfied whinny. "That's a good girl." She said patting her snout gently.

When she lived at her home, she had had her own horse and was responsible for taking care of it. She loved the horses, but with owning one came the responsibility of cleaning up after it. She grabbed the pitchfork and started shoveling the used hay into the wheelbarrow. When she finished with that task to made sure to lie down some fresh hay so that Taffy would be more comfortable. "Now to get you some fresh water." She said, heading out to the pump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 am

Mabel glared at the older boy, she truly didn't like him. "Oh shut up." She rolled her eyes and went over to her horse. It couldn't be that bad, could it? The horse, Cotton, snorted at her and kicked over a bucket. Water ha gotten all over Mabel's shoes and she glared, but she kept quiet. She sighed an grabbed a brush and began to brush the horse.

It wasn't that bad and the horse was well behaved. Mabel filled up the bucket and went back over to her horse. She started to wash it, but the horse wasn't having any of that. She kicked over the bucket once more. The ground was slippery and gross. "Ugh!" Mabel picked up the bucket and went to fill the bucket up once more.

On her way back, Cotton decided to move in front of Mabel, so she tried to move around her but the mud was slippery, which caused Mabel and the bucket of water to fall. "God damn it!" She was soaked and she didn't care if she was get in more trouble for cursing. This horse pissed her off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down