Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Minder Needed

Go down

Minder Needed Empty Minder Needed

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 am

New robes meant new clothes. Most of her own clothes were either purchased from cheap or second hand shops. Today she would have a new set of robes and uniforms. Three new sets. Her father had made it clear enough money had been set aside for such an occasion and that her mother had even chipped in for this auspicious occasion. So she should. Linette after all was the first and possibly the only one of her children to go to her old school. Louise was bound to go to Durmstrang. As much as she loved her little sister, Linette couldn't picture her choosing to move back to France so she could attend Beauxbatons.

Linette looked around for a safe place for her wand and books so she could be fitted without worry. That was the problem with being left on her own. Maybe Tante Patrice would have been some use after all. Linette shook her head at such a thought. No. Much better to find someone to keep an eye on her belongings than put up with that horrible old woman.

She glanced around and spied a likely looking person. "Excuse me could you look after these for me whilst I'm fitted for my robes?" She paused. "I'll do the same for you if you need or you could be fitted first. Please?"
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Minder Needed Empty Re: Minder Needed

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Katie kicked the chair she was sitting on, she was bored to say the least, her bags littered the floor beneath her feet, and it seemed as if she had been waiting ages to get fitted. As much as she was excited to be finally going to a school of magic, even if it was Beauxbatons, she dreaded what the uniform would look like. If it was anything but trousers she would surely scream. But knowing how 'old-fashioned' the wizarding world was, Katie knew that she would have to wear a skirt.

Looking up as she heard someone speak to her, she smiled, "Sure," the redhead said, gesturing to the empty space beside her, "I'm guessing you're going to Beauxbatons this year?" She asked, maybe the girl would be her friend. After all, she needed to break out of the awkward shell that she was stuck in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 pm

With a grin Linette sat down next to the other girl. Much friendlier than Osmund. That boy needed a few lessons on how to be nice to people "Thanks." She nodded. "Yes. I certainly am. I'm Linette." Already she was off to a good start with this red-haired girl. Hopefully it would continue on that way and not descend into hostilities like it had with Osmund.

She glanced over at where other students were being fitted and sighed. "Have you been waiting very long?" If she had Linette hoped it wouldn't be too much longer. She hadn't finished her shopping yet and if her father returned to pick her up before she finished shopping he would be left waiting in the pub. Linette thought longingly of the new books she wanted to read but to do so would be rude in the company of the other girl.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Katie flashed a smile, "I'm Katie, feel free to call me anything, I don't really care." She knew that was more than likely not the best way to introduce yourself to someone new, "I'm going to guess that you're going to Beauxbatons next year?" She asked, twisting her hands together in her lap, and kicking her feet in the space beneath her.

Looking up and across the shop, to the robes that lined it. Glaring at the pale blue ones she would soon be getting for school. Shaking her head to focus herself back on the conversation Katie smiled, "No, not really. I literally only just came into here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

"In that case I'll call you Katie," she replied though she did wonder how the girl would have reacted if she suggested something awful like 'Toad'. Not that Linette would ever do that. Not even to her horrid older brother. She gave Katie a puzzled look. "Didn't I already say that?" And shrugged. "Or maybe I imagined you asked and I said yes. I can do that sometimes. Have a book conversation in my head which gets muddled with a real one."

Linette sighed in relief. "In that case maybe we won't have to wait very long. In the meantime we can talk and get to know each other." This conversation she was sure would go much more smoothly than the ones she'd had with Osmund. The boy was so uptight it was painful to watch. Right now though she had a task other than to make that boy learn how to relax. "What's your favourite thing to do?" she asked Katie.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Realisation running through her that she did in fact ask that question earlier, her eyes widened, "Sorry," Katie said, "I'm not good with people in general..." She knew that she wasn't the best in talking with others, she could barely even speak with her parents that well! Or even her little 6 year old sister!

"My favourite thing to do?" Katie repeated, thinking, while looking up, "Quidditch," was the first thing she said, she loved the sport, her father had played it with her ever since she could remember. She loved to feel the wind and the freedom she felt when flying high up. "What about you?" She asked, hoping that the conversation would continue and that she would make a good friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Linette shrugged. "Don't worry about it. I'm not very good with people either. They seem to get this glazed over look when I talk to them." Or irritated like Osmund. She really needed to find out what was wrong with that boy. The question was how?

"Reading," Linette automatically replied. "I love to read and that includes reading about Quidditch. I must confess that I've never played it but I think I have the general idea. I've even been to a few matches. I'm not sure what I'd be like playing it. Books don't give me enough of an idea." Badly was her suspicion. Though that may have been because she often tripped when chasing after Benoit for some horrid thing he'd done to her.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Katie shrugged, she liked to read, sure, but she wouldn't do it if she had to, reading was boring, and being an active child, the redhead didn't often stay in the same place for too long, what use would it be to stay still?

"I could..tell you about Quidditch if you want?" Katie said, "Not just the basics, but a bit more... in depth, I've already got someone lined up to teach when we get to Beauxbatons!" Laughing at the thought of teaching 'Mund how to play Quidditch was a funny thought. She could explain to the girl, she could spare the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm

"In depth huh?" Linette tapped her finger on the side of her mouth and considered the offer. "Okay. I'll appreciate that. Maybe I could write a book one day about Quidditch but to do that I'll first have to experience how to play it won't I?" From what she'd observed she didn't think it could be too hard. Of course the first step would be to learn how to fly.

"Do you think I can join in on this lesson?" Surely whoever Katie was going to teach wouldn't mind an extra person to join in on her lesson. From what she'd seen of the game. More would give it closer to more realism. "Oh look I think it might be your turn to be fitted." Finally she might be able to read a bit before her turn without being rude. Even reading about potions might be interesting. It was only the brewing of them she thought she would hate.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Her blue eyes sparked to life at the mention of Quidditch, it was a tiny little bit stupid really, getting so worked up by the small game, but she knew that one day she would get to play it, she hoped that there would be a Quidditch Team at Beauxbatons, if there wasn't she would just make one anyway. She wouldn't be the only one who played it, there had to be some of the boys.... Looking to the girl she smiled, "If you make a book about Quidditch I would be the first person to buy it!" She exclaimed, a smile lighting up her face. "And yeah, I may not be a good teacher, but if I can teach 'Mund, then I can teach you too."

Hearing her name being called, she stood up, and nodding her head to the girl who sat with her bags, she walked over to the stool, which she stood on. Wincing as a in was jabbed into her side, she squeezed her eyes shut. Opening them again when all the prodding had finished she looked down and groaned at the sight. She had a skirt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down