Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Second Hand Robes

Go down

Second Hand Robes Empty Second Hand Robes

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:55 am

René sighed as he looked in the mirror, they were too big, way too big, but this was the last pair they had, and the shopkeeper did say he'd have to grow into them, but they were clean and clearly they'd been taken care of since being given to the shopkeeper to redistribute back as second hand. René frowned as he looked at himself, the sleeves were too long, so were the pant legs. The tailor was trying to help though, he'd pinned back the sleeves so they fit much better as well as with the pants. He mentioned something about feeling bad about having only that size second hand and René shrugged, he was used to it, he'd worn his dad's old clothes a lot. He showed the tailor the slip from Beauxbatons and then began to walk out of the shop, bumping into a kid about his age.

Back to top Go down

Second Hand Robes Empty Re: Second Hand Robes

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:34 pm

What was up with the crowd and constantly bumping into him? Fane was a boy that stood a little shorter than most boy's his age, but that didn't mean he was completely invisible to the world and could be people's cushions to run into as they pleased. He looked annoyed when the boy walked straight into him after making a purchase and scowled. "Oi watch where you are going!" He said, in his heavy Scottish accent.

He looked down at the bag where the boy held his new uniform and raised an eyebrow. The colors looked slightly faded and less crisp than a new set and the clothes looked like they would be absolutely huge. The boy looked taller than him, but certainly not that much wider.

"Is that your uniform?" He asked, looking slightly disgusted. "The uniforms are bad enough, why would you make them worse and buy ones that are ten times too big for you?" He didn't understand. He thought the tailors at this shop were trained to make the brand new robes fit perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm

René flushed red in total embarrassment. "Y-Yes i-it's my uniform." He nodded. "I-I don't have a lot of money to buy my own and this store offers second hand robes and the school gave me a slip to get them with." He was extremely embarrassed. "And uh sorry for walking into you. It was an accident, I promise." René murmured, looking away. He still had to wait for his mother. "A-Are you g-going to be a first year too?" He asked curiously, the boy was certainly short enough to be first year. "I kind of like the faded look too, it makes it more, real." Yes, real was the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Fane watched as the boy's face miraculously changed color to fit the right shade of a rose in blossom. The boy explained his situation and Fane was having a hard time. He didn't have money? Like, just not with him at the moment? And because he didn't have money, they gave him those sad excuses for a school uniform rather than a nice crisp one. Fane shook his head. What a poor and unfortunate soul!

"Yes, I am quite excited! My family has been attending Beauxbatons for years now! The library was even a donation by one of my great great grandparents, so yeah, it's an honor to attend,' Fane practically bragged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

"That's uh...nice?" René didn't know people could buy libraries, but apparently they could. He nodded. "It's pretty cool your family has been going there a long time, my parents both did, I think my dad's side of the family has been going there a long time, but we don't really speak to them so I wouldn't be able to point out any cousins or anything, but the opportunity to receive such a high education is unbelievable. I'm super excited." He said, happily. "Even if I have to wear these robes, it's just an honor to be allowed to attend such a school." He said with pride in his voice. "Muggle schools are just not my kind of thing." He shrugged. "But a wizarding school sounds positively spectacular."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down