Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Not Technically the Library

Go down

Not Technically the Library Empty Not Technically the Library

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Sawyer had to study for his final exams like everyone in the school and he knew the best way to do that was to check out some library books. He was not known to be a big fan of the library because that's where all the smart people are all the time and he didn't want to feel stupid while in the room. The only problem with that is he didn't really wanna check out books then walk all the way back down stairs just to read some books that he was probably going to bring back up in a few minutes anyways. So instead of doing that, and instead of sitting in the library with all the smart kids he decided to go sit in the corridor away from them but still in the same general area. He made sure to sit farther down the corridor so no one going in should be able to see him but it seemed he was wrong for when he looked up he saw a figure walking towards his end of the corridor. He couldn't see who cause there was a glare from the nearby window.

Back to top Go down

Not Technically the Library Empty Re: Not Technically the Library

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Finlay was approaching the library when he spotted his friend Sawyer sitting in the corridor. He thought it was a little bit odd, considering the school library was located in the same hall he sat in. When he reached his friend he smiled down at him. "Why are you sitting in the hall?" Finlay set the books down he had planned to return to the library and plopped down next to his friend. He figured there had to be a reason for him to be sitting in the hall and decided to keep him company, even if he was sure his bum would be cold and numb from the stone floor by the time they moved again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Once the figure got close enough he could tell who it was and he was quite surprised by who it was. It was Finlay his best and only friend at Beauxbatons. However they hadn't really seen each other much, being in the different houses they hung out some but it wasn't very often. They had written each other tons of letters of the summer which made Sawyer very happy until he got to school to find maybe they weren't that close. Perhaps he had just been over thinking the whole thing, maybe Finlay was busy just like Payton. "Hey there Finlay." He greeted him when he got closer. "The library is too smart for me, and the dorms are too far away so this is a compromise." He answered his friend with a smile as he joined him on the hard corridor floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 pm

"Don't be stupid. You are smart." Finlay bumped his shoulder against his friend's companionably. "You and your brother are always coming up with all those schemes and pranks. That takes smarts." Finlay leaned back against the wall with his hands behind his head. He really, truly did believe his friend was smart. "Besides, you're obviously a bloody genius when it comes to making friends." He grinned at Sawyer and stuck out his tongue quickly. He knew everyone had their own shortcomings but his best friend's faults definitely did not originate in the smarts department, no matter what he may think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Sawyer smiled over at Finlay. "Yeah I smart when it comes to pranks but when it comes to studies I'm dumber than a rock." He said jokingly even though he was pretty close to being serious. He truly believed that when it came to school things he was the stupidest one in the class, unless it was potions he had to admit that he was pretty good at that. He laughed at the next sentence. "Yeah I'm bloody brilliant at that one." He agreed giving his mate a wink. Sawyer finished reading the paragraph he had been in the middle of before looking back up to Finlay. "Say what are you doing at this end of the hall anyways?" He asked curiously, not that he was at all upset to have his friends company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Finlay shook his head but decided to let Sawyer's dumb comment slide for now. "Well, I was headed to the library when I saw you and decided to say hello." He gestured to the books he had set on the floor when he sat down. They were, in fact, fiction books, not school books. "I'm not like some people at this school who are obsessed with reading but I do like a good book." Finlay felt there was a certain stigma at Beauxbatons, where if you even casually read a book you were, at least in people's minds, someone who cared about nothing but books and learning. But still, he found reading fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Sawyer listened to Finlay and realized that if he had stopped to think for a moment that was one of the most obvious answers as to why he would be here. What else would there be, he was here to take a nap in the library or something. He felt rather dumb thinking about it. "Oh merlin leave it to me to make friends with a nerd." He said teasingly bumping his shoulder against Finlay's with a smile. "I'm only kidding, readings cool. There are just usually better things to do." He said simply thinking about all the pranks he had pulled this year. He had wished Finlay or his brother had been around more and he hadn't had to do it all alone, but it was alright he supposed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:45 pm

And I've got a troublemaker for a friend." Finlay replied jokingly. He did suppose that there were better things to do than reading, but it did pass the time, especially when he wasn't able to hang out with his friend, like most of this year. "You know, we haven't hung out much this year. Let's make a promise we'll stay together this summer. I know you've got your brother and everything but it gets kind of lonely up in Scotland, especially with my mom gone all the time. And did I tell you? My brother and I sort of made up. But I don't think there will be any family reunions anytime soon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 pm

"Studies show that troublmakers make the best of friends." Saywer said with a wink and a smirk. Of course there wasn't any study that he knew about that said anything like that, but it sure sounded nice. When Finlay brought up that they hadn't hung out that much year not that he needed the reminder. Sawyer was all to aware that his only friend and his twin brother were growing distant this year. He was very happy to hear that his mate was making things better with his brother, those were important relationships in Sawyer's mind. "We need to hang out more Finlay. You should come visit this summer, its a bit crowded but I'm sure you'll fit. I'm so happy for you mate. You're making up with your brother and me and my brother seemed to be getting distant." He said. He really hoped Finlay would come visit this summer, it would be a lot of fun, he could even show him his favorite places on the farm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

"I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind me visiting, if it's alright with your parents. And that sucks about your brother. I thought twins were the closest siblings ever." Having almost no experience with siblings himself, Finlay couldn't really understand what Sawyer was going through, but he could offer up his sympathy. "Maybe if we show him how much fun we will be having this summer, he will want to hang out with us, and therefore you. Sound like a plan?" Plans, Finlay could do. Plans were easy, siblings were not. And Sawyer had a mind for planning. Together they could definitely win Sawyer's brother back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down