Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Getting Cocky

Go down

Getting Cocky Empty Getting Cocky

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Quentin had been looking forward to flying lessons since he had first received his accepted letter from Beauxbatons. Shortly after meeting his cousin for the first time, the blue-haired boy found that whenever he was bored and needed something to do, playing Quidditch was always an option. He wasn't as good as Christian at it, but he had an advantage over many of the other first years in the aspect that he knew how to fly pretty well and had some practice at it. He wanted to hide this fact for dramatic affect, when everyone else was struggling to get around on their brooms and he would then do it with ease, but he found the whole introduction process to be rather boring.

He tried to remain still as Professor Bowen explained the process of mounting a broom, but standing as the last person in the line waiting, he figured he'd might be able to get away with some stuff. "Up!" he commanded, his hand extended over the broom resting in the grass. The broomstick wasted no time before jumping up into his hand. He grinned, impressed for himself, and then looked around to see what other people thought of his immediate success.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Leo Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Getting Cocky Empty Re: Getting Cocky

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Caleb was only half listening to Professor Bowen, he wasn't very interested in that lesson and liked his feet on the ground. He just watched a bird in the distance, though that was getting boring to him. He then watched the winds blow at the leaves of a tree, which was more boring. He was growing tired and just wanted to sit down.

He then remembered that he had candy in his pocket. He took a piece of chocolate, which was in a wrapper and melted, out of his pocket and unwrapped it. He made sure no one was watching, no one was, then he stuffed it into his mouth. He loved candy and the smile on his face showed that.

He then noticed the boy beside him, he wasn't doing what he was supposed to. But neither was Caleb. He wasn't very impressed because he could care less, his mind was on his sweet candy. He stuffed the wrapper back into his pocket and then began to feast on another candy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:05 pm

People didn't look as impressed as Quentin expected. Instead, most people looked a little annoyed and one kid was totally zoned out on class completely. He was about to say something to wake the kid up when he noticed he had candy. His mouth watered slightly as he watched the blonde eat a few pieces and couldn't help but wonder if he had more.

His broomstick already in hand, the Cerisier moved to stand next to the candy-loaded kid. Once he settled into his new spot and looked around to make sure that no tattle-tale or teacher noticed, he leaned over to whisper in the boy's ear. "Pssst. Do you have any more candy?" He left off the part that included him asking for some, even offering something in return for the candy. Perhaps regarding his awesome quidditch skills.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Caleb was enjoying his candy so much that he hadn't noticed that some other people were watching him eat it. He didn't mind though, he wasn't about to share it. Even if someone begged. He just wanted the class to be over so he could enjoy his candy else where.

Caleb was caught off guard by the boy, he almost dropped a perfectly good piece of candy on the ground. He would have still eaten it even if it fell, cause candy was precious and he couldn't waste it. "I almost dropped my candy because of you." He most defiantly didn't want to share his candy with someone who had almost made him drop his. No matter what. Candy was not to be wasted and besides, he didn't like to share his candy. It meant too much to him. "I have more candy. But its mine."

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:57 pm

It turned out that the boy did indeed have more candy, but the boy also happened to be poor at sharing, which caused Quentin's smile to drop only slightly. "I'm sorry for almost making you drop your candy," He said, sweetly, still leaning close to the boy with the school's broom clutched in one hand. An idea occurred to him then. It would surely get him into trouble, but he liked to think that trouble was his own middle name.

"Haven't you ever heard of sharing?" Quentin asked, diving his hand into the pocket of the other boy and taking a piece of candy for his own. He knew the other boy wouldn't be pleased, so he made a run for it, right in the middle of class and a lecture, and hopped on his broom. He'd liked to have believed it was a brilliant and clean get away, but he was only soaring for a few short moments before his face made acquaintance with ground. He let out a groan, cause it hurt, and then looked up to see Professor Bowen scowling at him. "Er, sorry."
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Before Caleb had even known what was happening, the other boy was on his broom. He let tears come to his eyes, he was truly upset that the boy had taken his candy. It was his and he had bought it. So what if he didn't share it? It was his. He'd share anything else, but not his beloved candy. Before he knew it, tears were rushing down his face and he didn't care who watched. How dare he steal his candy! It was his and only his!

Before Caleb knew it, the boy was on the ground. Instead of laughing like others were doing, he ran over to the boy and dumped the candy from his pockets onto him. "Take it! I just hope you're okay! Are you okay?" His speech was fast at this point, only cause he was worried about the boy. Even if he had tried to steal his candy. "This is my fault! I should have shared!" He started to cry some more and he didn't care that he looked like a complete baby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:10 am

From the corner of his eye, he could see that the boy he had stolen the candy from was starting to cry, which made a knot form in the stomach of Quentin. He was expecting the boy to yell at him, chase him, not tear up and start crying. Merlin, that just made him feel like a horrible person, but it was too late to go back now. He'd have to make it up to the boy somehow later.

But thinking caused him to get distracted and soon he was back on the earth, his knee cut open from where he collided. The class had gathered around, some to laugh, other's to just stare, but the blonde boy was the only one to rush over and soon Quentin found himself being showered in candy. He was a bit shocked at the other boy's kindness and even more by the fact that now he was apologizing and weeping for him.

Quentin got up and wrapped the boy in a hug. "No it's my fault! I should've left you be! It's your candy and it was your choice to do what you wanted with it! I shouldn't have taken it from you!" He frowned some as he still really wanted to make it up to the boy for what he had done but didn't know how. "Is there anything I can do that will make you forgive me?" He asked. "I am pretty good at this flying stuff already. I can teach you the basics of Quidditch."
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Caleb was shocked when the other boy gave him a hug, they barely knew each other after all. "No, its my fault! I should have shared." Caleb was always bad at sharing his sweets, but this changed everything. He didn't want anyone to get hurt because he was being selfish. "From now on, I will share my candy." This was a promise he was willing to keep as long as no one got hurt.

Caleb wasn't one to enjoy sports, but he felt like he owed the boy. It was his fault he had gotten hurt after all. "Sure. I probably won't be any good at it though." His brother was the sporty one, Caleb was just Caleb. He examined the boy to make sure he wasn't too badly injured. "Your knee! You could die! You're bleeding!" Caleb was one to overreact and actually thought the cut would kill the other boy. "It needs to be looked at right away before you die!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum