Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Littlest Intern

2 posters

Go down

The Littlest Intern Empty The Littlest Intern

Post by Madeline Puchard Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 am

"So how do they make these anyway? Do they put all the thread together and it makes clothes?" Madi asked the woman helping her.

Madeline had about a million questions when it came to clothes. She'd tried to ask her mother all about it this morning, but Camille had assured her that she could ask a real seams-person when they went to the robe shop later.

"How did you learn how to put clothes together?" she questioned as she stepped onto a little platform. "Where do you get the stuff? Do you get paid to do this? Do you have a boyfriend? Does he have nice hair? Does he ?"

Madeline, dear. Don't you think that some people might not want to talk about their boyfriends? her mother asked.

Madi crossed her arms. "Maman!" she protested. "I apologize. You don't have to tell me about your boyfriend, lady."
Madeline Puchard
Madeline Puchard
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

The Littlest Intern Empty Re: The Littlest Intern

Post by Katherine Hayle Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 am

Katherine Hayle was slowly getting used to her job at the robe shop. She had to work very hard to make sure they always had enough robes in stock, and even though the new term had just started recently and most people had gotten their robes, it left the store depleated for the stragglers who waited until they got into trouble for not having a robe to get one.

On the day Madi came in, the red-headed woman was hard at work at a sewing machine- magic definitely helped the sowing process, but she usually only used it to fix mistakes. She glanced up as the bell tolled, and greeted the two. When Madi plunged into questions, she giggled, fond of this student already. She reminded her a bit of herself- asking a million questions and going off on tangents that had seemingly no relation to the topic at hand.

"Well, some workers use various spells to help them sew, but I'm old-fashioned, I guess. You're on the right track- it basically is just putting the thread together, but you have to have a pattern to go off of in order to make an exact copy, and learning specific stitches can be hard. Getting a pattern is luckily easy for me, since people have been making robes for a lot longer than I've been alive, but it's also fun to add little touches for everyone," she glanced back at her sewing machine. "Would you like to give it a try? I'm sure we can find something fun to put on yours to make it unique without breaking any rules."

"Well, I learned how to sew from my mother, but making clothes I taught myself once I knew how to sew really well. The people here were really nice and helped train me on the stitching needed for robes, and now I can practically do it in my sleep," she giggled. "I do get paid for this," she nodded, "And to be honest I'm not sure where they get material. I just know where they put it so I can get some when I need it."

"Oh, it's no problem," Kat replied with a soft blush when the girl apologized. "Truly. I do have a boyfriend-his name is Jonas. And yes, he does have nice hair~. He's studying at university right now, but we share an apartment together and see each other as often as we can. What about you?" she inquired, then her eyes widened. "Madeline, is it? Do you have a boyfriend?"
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Puchard Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:37 am

Madi's eyes lit up at the suggestion, but then she calmed down. She shouldn't be so excited. She had to leave in a little while and there's no way her maman would agree. "I would, but I have to go to school this evening. Did you go to Beauxbatons, too?" she asked.

Madi listened carefully and watched the woman work. "Hmm... maybe my maman will teach me to sew someday," she said, shooting her mother a look. She wasn't paying attention to her daughter, though. Her nose was in a book.

"My name is Madeline, but my cousin calls me Madi. She's my best friend. And no. I don't have a boyfriend. There aren't any handsome boys where I'm from. They're all gross. You're lucky," she answered. "Where did you meet him? At a fancy dance or at a party? Somewhere really glamorous? Is he really nice to you? Why do you like him?"
Madeline Puchard
Madeline Puchard
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:48 pm

"I did go to Beauxbatons! Though to be honest I didn't go to class all that much my first year. Greg- Jonas' brother- helped get me on the right track towards my second year.I'm sorry you have to leave so soon, but you could always come back! Later in the year it's mostly just a lot of alterations and fixing various robes. Buisness gets pretty slow, so I'll have more time on my hands. Speaking of buisness, did you come to get your robes?"

When Kat noticed Madi's mother not paying attention, she looked dissapointed. Her mother and father were busy a lot now-a-days, so she didn't get to see them, and her little brother was still a year away from going to school. She didn't see them a lot, and she wished she could convey the importance of being with her child. "Don't worry," she smiled. "I'm sure she'll do it if you ask."

Kat laughed when she talked about boys being gross. She had thought the same for a while. "It's the same for all boys in their first year, but don't worry-" she winked. "They'll get better." She thought, and smiled at the memories. "I met him thanks to brother- Greg, I mentioned? Then we went shopping for potions before our first year and then we became friends. He is really nice to me~ that definitely facts into it, but he's sweet and handsome as well as a great musician. I love to hear him play! He loves my art and he always believes in me... no matter what. He thinks my art will make me famous one day, but he has a better chance with his music!"
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum