Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Halloween Party!

2 posters

Go down

Halloween Party! Empty Halloween Party!

Post by Apollo Kronidis Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Halloween. The celebration of the dead. The holiday of horror. The excuse to wear embarrassing costumes, without people making fun of you. Not a typically celebrated French holiday, for sure. A couple of years ago, not a single French person celebrated or cared about Halloween, whatsoever. Halloween, was "imported" in France some years ago. Apollo, being a Greek, knew that Greece doesn't celebrate Halloween, as well. Greeks do celebrate Απόκριες, but it's not really the same.

Even though Halloween wasn't something, Apollo's both country of birth and country of origin practiced, he loved it. Apollo loves costumes and the whole celebration, seems like a game for him. Beauxbatons, being a French wizard school, traditionally didn't celebrate Halloween as well. This changed, of course. When the school began accepting American students, the celebration of Halloween, became more and more prominent. Beauxbatons now celebrates October 31, by throwing a huge Halloween party.

This year wasn't an exception for sure. It took Apollo one month, to decide which costume he'll wear. Maybe he took Halloween a bit too seriously. But, how couldn't he? It was amazing, fun and special! Slightly creepy and entertaining! In other words, awesome. The Beauxbatons Halloween party was huge. Almost every single wizard and witch from school came. Apollo was sure that his costume, of god Apollo, would be perfect. Is there anything better, than dressing up as your namesake, anyway?

As he entered inside the Grand Hall, Apollo smiled broadly. Such a vivid party! Dancing, music, FOOD! This was going to be great. Finally, some rest from boring homework! Apollo happily run at the center of the Grand Hall, looking for a familiar face to be found. He spotted one.

Apollo patted Jonas on the back: "What's up, my Nuage friend! The party is awesome as always~ I love Halloween! How are you going, lately? Haven't talked to you, for a while!" Apollo said, in a rather fast pace. He should probably stop talking that fast...Well, what could he say? Excitement overwhelmed him!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Απόκριες (Apokries): Greek celebration, similar to Mardi Gras and Halloween. During Apokries, people disguise themselves and engage in pranks and revelry.
***God Apollo (Απόλλωνας): The Greek god of poetry, healing, sun, light, music, prophecy and plague.

Last edited by Apollo Kronidis on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apollo Kronidis
Apollo Kronidis
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Sagittarius Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Halloween Party! Empty Re: Halloween Party!

Post by Jonas Winchester Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Jonas was excited for the Halloween. He hadn't ever celebrated it before coming to Beauxbatons, but he had loved it his first year. And Jonas was officially in a relationship, so that meant he and Parker could be in a couple's costume. Not that Mario and Luigi were a couple. They weren't. But it wasn't a costume that would raise suspicion. And they were a good team. Jonas and Parker agreed that no one outside of their immediate friend group needed to know that they were dating. So Greg and Kayla were out, but Teddy, Max, and Kat were in. And anyone else who happened to figure it out was okay, but they decided to cross that bridge when they came to it. No one was super suspicious.

"Um... I'm doing okay. As good as school can be, you know?" Jonas said. He felt kind of awkward. He knew he could hold Parker's hand anytime he wanted, but not doing it now made him feel a bit uneasy.
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Cancer Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Kronidis Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Apollo smiled. It's been some time since he talked to Jonas, for sure! His costume was so funny. Luigi, how clever! A boy next to him, was disguised as Mario. Since they wore matching outfits, that dude was probably a friend of Jonas. Hmm... Apollo did spot him and Jonas talking, at some point. However, he never really met that friend of his Fourth year housemate...

Apollo laughed. "Yeah, I know. It can be hard. But, that's why we have these awesome parties, huh? So...Is that a friend of yours?" Apollo asked, and shook the hand of Jonas's friend. "I'm Apollo. Nice to meet you."
Apollo Kronidis
Apollo Kronidis
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Sagittarius Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down