Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Growling Rugs

Go down

Growling Rugs Empty Growling Rugs

Post by Linette Puchard Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Linette was making good money as an experienced reporter but years of having made do with second-hand goods had led her to the habit of bargain buying even with a reasonably well filled vault at Banque de L'or.   Thus today with one curious five year old in tow she was in the consignment shop in Whisper Alley for a spot of window shopping.  It wasn't the sort of shop which was recommended for children but this had been a spur of the moment idea.  

"Now remember to look but not touch Mignon," she warned and was rewarded with one word.  "Angelique." As per usual, Linette chose to ignore the plea to use her middle name.  It was the name she chose for her daughter and she was sticking to it no matter how weird and unusual the name was for a girl or anyone for that matter.

She grabbed her daughter's hand and moved stopping every so often to look at various objects which may or may not be cursed.  One of the many reasons why she made sure Mignon stayed glued to her side.  The child had gone from curious to sulky thanks to her mother's use of her real name.  Her toe kicked at a rug sitting on a wide shelf.  "Maman will that fly?" she asked.

"I'm not sure," Linette replied, "but I do know that you shouldn't be touching it. Not even with your foot."  Mignon chose to ignore her mother and kicked at it again.  The rug growled and the little girl jumped back, bumping into someone behind her.  "I warned you," she told her and faced the person Mignon had bumped into. "Sorry about that.  She likes to test me."
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum