Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Term 19 Optional Essay

5 posters

Go down

Term 19 Optional  Essay Empty Term 19 Optional Essay

Post by Professor Fortier Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 pm

"Whether people realize it or not, everyone has a history. Humans, ghosts, mermaids, centaurs, werewolves, all sentient creatures have them," Professor Fortier started. "And since this is History of Magic, and all of us are magic folk, we are part of magical history."

"Your assignment is to write a one hundred word essay on your history. From your humble beginnings to this point in time, then what you plan to do in the future, What is your background? Who are your family members? How have they influenced you? What have you accomplished in your life so far? What are you proud of?" Professor Fortier explained.

Ooc: This essay is a chance to write out your character's life story. This is also an opportunity to earn house points.

This essay must be at least 100 words long and it is to be written in first person. Those are the only requirements. Everyone who participates will receive 20 points for their house.

Have fun with this. If you enjoy this activity, we will do it again.
Professor Fortier
Professor Fortier
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Term 19 Optional  Essay Empty Re: Term 19 Optional Essay

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Julie-Pierre was a little uncomfortable at first with having to write about himself. It wasn't that there was anything embarrassing to worry about, though in honesty there was, but that he usually didn't like to talk of the past too much. He saw it as a means of holding onto something that needed to be let go. Nevertheless, he wrote.

Name: Julie-Pierre Krischstein
House: Feu
Sixth Year
I was born is the city of Potsdam to a duo of seemingly wonderful people. My mother was kind at first sight, sweet with her words and her comforting touch, and my father a stern yet still mostly calm individual. They didn't expect me to come, but they say they love me all the same, so I've believed them.

Ever since I was young, my parents were concerned with how I acted. They said that sometimes I acted too feminine or too childish, even to the point where they asked me if I saw myself as a boy or a girl. I remember saying to them, "Of course I'm a boy! I am who I am, but I'm not any less a boy!" From this, I guess, they knew I was a decently smart one, for they started teaching me some spells early in life.

Of course, a lot of them I forgot. That was due to me getting too happy with using spells. I would use them to do my chores and to fake going to sleep so I could do what I want. I even did a prank on my father once that nearly burnt his arm. I didn't mean for that to happen, it just got out of hand. From that, I wasn't allowed to use magic in the magic too much, only a certain amount of spells a day excluding legitimate studies, until I went to Beauxbatonss.

When I came here, I met some really great people. Sadly I've not been able to talk to one in a good while, and it hurts a little, but I guess it could be for the best. I've met a lot of others here, I'll admit, but the one that means the most is a girl named Autumn Armstrong. For a while, now, I've liked her as a friend, and then more so, and recently we got together. Really, our times together since have been really great, and maybe things can get greater. I don't know what fate will bring, but I hope it will come out right in the end.

Recently I got put in my house's quidditch team, and I'm really happy to say that I helped them win the house cup. It was really fun, but also a little stressful. Everyone really did give a good game, but the oracles seemed to be in my team's favour. Whatever comes comes, and I take it with pride. I only wonder if my team may be able to win this year, too.

Last edited by Julie-Pierre Krischstein on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayla Miller Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Usually Kayla would discuss with others about the assignment. This time, she focused on her work. It was actually an interesting assignment. She dipped her quill in the ink and immediately started to write.

Some people know they want to be an Auror or a Healer. They have an idea of how their story will unravel. For me...this isn't the case. The schedule's rough right now.

Who am I? I am another Miller. I'm the sister of the awesome, hilarious, crazy Caleb Miller. I have three cousins amazing in their own right. This was my family for a long time. We shared good memories. I was pretty introverted as a kid. I would tire of my crazy family and read books and draw and play music. To this day I don't understand why.

My parents were supportive but at the same time, my dad nudged me into sports. He's a great person and I love him infinitely just as he loves me, but he would have preferred a boy. He wasn't the most encouraging of girliness and I can't say I really blame him. He taught me to fly, which was one of the best experiences of my life. Still it would take a while for me to like Quidditch.

Before I started Beauxbatons, I got a new brother. A funny, happy, cute brother the same age as me. I also met a fellow first year named Gregory Bell. Our first interaction started off a little awkward, as I was still introverted at the time. We magically warmed up to each other over time. He's helped me a lot in ways I can't describe.

First year was going fine until disease suddenly struck. I felt lightheaded one morning and fainted. That was the start of a period of illness. I felt awful, but I didn't think my life was actually threatened. The Healers didn't know what to make of it. I was pulled out of school. Upon my recovery, the Healers stressed the importance of healthy interaction with others. I don't know what that had to do with the disease in the slightest but I said ok.

Unfortunately I couldn't continue with my year. I had to be pulled back because of all the months I missed. It was devastating. I was bored to tears with school. This actually allowed me to broaden my mind and try new activities. I juggled new friends and the old. They urged me into trying out for Quidditch, where I was pleasantly surprised to be made both a Seeker and a captain.

From that moment onward, Quidditch became an essential part of my life. In consequence, my interest in art and music deteriorated. It seems less important. Sometimes I wonder about that sacrifice. Was it worth it? I don't know. I know I'm happy now. I've gained lots of fun, epic crazy friends who are bugging me as I write. The day I won the Quidditch Cup is the best day of my life so far.

I see possibilities for the future. First I want at least another two Quidditch cup wins. I hope to graduate with all Outstandings. After Beauxbatons, I want to work in the Department of Mysteries and unravel the elusive secrets of the past and future. I would like to settle down with a husband Gr, maybe kids. I haven't quite got a timetable laid out yet. Trust me, I will.  

Last edited by Kayla Miller on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Name: Lucie Banken
House: Feu
Year: Seventh

Lucie stared down at the blank sheet of parchment in front of her other than her name at the top. Nothing of which she wanted to write was on that page. What did she want to say of her life? What did this have to do with History of Magic? Wasn't it a subject which was about notable people of history? She wasn't notable. Not yet. And there were things about her life she didn't want to write. Painful memories. One painful memory. However she couldn't see any way around it and get in the required length. Finally she picked up her quill and dipped it in ink before she began to write.

I am the middle child of three and the only girl. Owen is older and Hans is younger. Both of them pests. I was born and lived in Amsterdam. Still do live there during the holidays. The same house all my life.

My father was an engineer and he was often busy. Despite that he still took time out for me and my brothers. We'd go to all sorts of places around Amsterdam. My favourite was one of the local parks where we'd go squirrel hunting. He died when I was nine. After that my maternal grandparents moved in along with my grandfather's horrible little dog so that my mother could go to work without worrying about us.

The day I received my letter inviting me to Beauxbatons was one which I don't really like to remember. It was a little bit like another thing which set me apart from my brothers. As far as they were concerned it was bad enough that I liked to collect dolls. Now I was a witch as well. They always called me freak after that. It was a good day when my younger brother was clearly not a wizard and thus wouldn't follow me to Beauxbatons.

Despite my worry about going away to boarding school and leaving my friends I really didn't have much to worry about. At home I disliked sport simply because my older brother was always making me play. Here I fell in love with the game of Quidditch and even became Captain in my very first year at Beauxbatons. That was a big shock for an eleven year old. Exciting and daunting all at the same time. Even better were the number of wins my team has had. This brings me to my desired job of becoming a Quidditch professional. There is nothing else which I can think of that I'd like to do more. Especially with a mostly poor academic record. And as this is my final year I haven't much hope of changing that.

There really isn't much more to say about my life other than my grandfather's horrid dog finally died this year.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonas Winchester Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Jonas hated writing. It was a big waste of time. He had written the essay about a million different ways before deciding that he wanted to write it like he was thinking it. He knew it would be a bunch of confusing, incomplete thoughts, but that was his history. Jonas knew it would be cool regardless.

My name is Jonas. I'm twelve at the time I'm writing this. I know, I'm young. But age is stupid.

My real name is Connor, but I hated that name a lot. So I changed it to the name of a person I read about in a book.

I was born in Cheshire, where I still live. In the east side, though. Wilmslow. Or maybe I was born somewhere else. I don't remember being born. I'm pretty sure that no one does, but I've been surprised before. But yep. The United Kingdom. It's not very fun.

My parents are Mum and Dad, but only if we're speaking English. We mostly speak Dutch but um. Ugh! I don't remember their names. I'll ask my brother later. Oh yeah! My brother is Greg and my sister is Angela. They're both older than me. Greg is fifteen and Angela is, like, twenty seven. Something like that. And then my cousin is Autumn and she's sixteen, I think.

I'm not very interesting. I'm the baby in my family. I'm the only non-quidditch player. I'm the shortest (Angela is tallest, but Greg is almost beating her). I play bass guitar. I like playing outside. And I think that's it.

Well, I also have friends and stuff. Kayla and Parker are my best friends. Parker is my roommate, but I don't think I'm better friends with him than with Kayla. Kayla is my brother's best friend too. I think they kiss and stuff, though. And I'm not that kind of friend to Kayla. She also visited us over the summer and we had lots of fun together. We climbed trees and jumped off of stuff together. She'd a lot better at it than I am, but I'm quicker.

I don't have any goals. I'd like to be a rockstar, but my brother says that I need to be more realistic. I guess I could be something else, but I want a cool job.

I have loads of time to decide on boring stuff. I just want to be a kid right now. And that means no dumb essays.
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Cancer Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down