Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful

3 posters

Go down

I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful Empty I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful

Post by Jonas Winchester Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Jonas couldn't quite remember what his brother had sent him into this shop to get. Based on the strange materials, it was something Potions related. But what was it? It wasn't a 'valerian thingy or a porcupine quill (what kind of ingredients were those?). It had to be something from his list, which he also didn't have.

"Um..." he said to no one as he looked around the shop. He wandered around, walking past a shelf full of weird things that were locked up and marked "poisonous".

He rounded a corner and saw another person. Maybe they could help. "Hi! This is a weird question, but do you know what a first year Beauxbatons kid would need from a place like this?" Jonas asked with a small smile. The person probably thought he was moron now.
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Cancer Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful Empty Re: I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful

Post by Katherine Hayle Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Kat was boucing around the store, deciding that walking was too dull of a way of locomotion when one was looking for boring things. The tiny glass jars rattled and clanged together as she passed, causing her to recieve many scornful looks from all of the other people in the shop, who hissed at her to stop but all of which were ignored.

The red-head was too busy thinking about how pretty the snow was outside and how it would be the perfect subject for her next art piece, so she didn't notice that a boy was talking to her until she crashed into him, and she was sent spiraling to the floor with a squeal, various glass jars shattering around her as they fell due to the force of the loud thump, and she whimpered in fright.

"See? I knew school supplies were dangerous! It's decided; I will just not get any of them! I probably won't go to class anyway! " She exclaimed in panic as she stood up on scrawny legs, bouncing in place, ready to leave. She then caught sight of the boy blocking her exit from the store and her eyes widened. She had run into a person!  "Well you're not a store shelf." She giggled. "Sorry for running into you and all. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going." She managed to catch the end of his question and she shrugged. "Beats me! I've barely looked at this crappy list." She held out her doddled on school supplies list. "It's all boring if you ask me. Why can't they get these things themselves?" She complained, then looked over the boy. "I'm more interested in you. I love making friends! What's your name? Do you like school? Or do you like fun things instead like drawing? Do you have a cat? A toad?" She inquired. She had never had a pet. It was crucial her first friend had a pet. "Cats are so cute and fluffy! Don't you just want to hug them? Why can't school supplies lists have more fun things on them like cats?"
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful Empty Re: I Don't Need a Potion to be Forgetful

Post by Jonas Winchester Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:04 pm

"Oh! Careful!" Jonas said as a girl ran into him. She didn't hurt him at all, but she had fallen onto the floor before he could even try to catch her. The girl started speaking immediately. He wasn't expecting it, but he understood all of her words. "No. I am a human, just like the rest of all people," he said smiling. "I'm okay, not a scratch on me. Are you okay?"

Jonas took her school supplies list from her. "Okay. Well, we both need a starter Potions Kit and some Herbology things from here. That's more easier than I thought!" he said happily.

The girl changed the subject rather quickly, from supplies to Jonas. That was always an easy subject that he could get excited about. "Hey! Me too! I like making friends too! My name is Jonas! It used to be Connor, but I didn't feel like a Connor, so I changed it," he explained overly-enthusiastic. "What's your name? School is bleh. I don't like it. I like to play music and make up silly songs."

"I don't have pets. I'm allergic. I get sneezy and watery eyes. But I think they're really cute! I wish I could hug them!" he said, dejected for only a moment. His entire family, minus Gregory, were allergic. "But look at the list!" he said, handing it back to her, "You can get a cat if you want, see?"
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Dru had finally escaped the annoying clutches of Isobel and started once again for the search of the items on the list. She ended up in a potions shop, hopefully she can find something on the list here. After walking through the shelves aimlessly Dru decided to just sit in a corner and enjoy the silence. The peace of the darker room helped calm her darting mind.

Dru's peace was shattered by a loud thud and two of the most offensive voices she had ever heard. The rage inside Dru was potent as she rounded the comer. "Have the two of you fools ever heard of the term inside voices, be quiet, or maybe shut the hell up? Some people are actually trying to get something accomplished here. If you want to chatter and be obnoxious go to the pub, where I do not have to hear your incessant ramblings!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Kat laughed and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, thanks." She smiled. "But that's not true! There are lots of dull people! Magic makes people more interesting, but not all people without magic are dull, and vice versa... I never quite got where the phrase vice versa came from. Do you?" The questions was rhetorical, apparently, and she assumed he didn't. "Oh well." She shruggged. "Words are more fun when you make them up, anyway. We should create a new phrase for vice versa!" She immediately began thinking of ideas.

Interupted by his interest in getting school supplies, she pouted. "You only make it sound easy! There's lots of other stuff on that list! None of it even sounds magical! It all just sounds made up!" She exclaimed. "How can you even make sense of it?"

The tall girl giggled at Jonas's enthusiasm. "Just like me! My name is Katherine but I don't like that. Too long. I'm called Kat! You totally look like a Jonas! That's much cooler than Connor, but Connor has a sort of mature vibe to it." She jumped happily at his disinterest in scchool. "Me neither! School is so terrible! I skip a lot to finish my art and songs. We should write a song together! What songs do you like to write?" She bursted out laughing. "I once wrote a song about ducks! And it ryhmed!" She giggled In memory.

"Really?! A cat? I can get one?" She squealed. "I haven't even looked at this list! I can't believe we can get a cat! They're my favorite! It sounds just like my name!" She was just about to lament how terrible allerigies were (her little brother Josh had them; ergo the lack of pets), but she was interupted by a new boy's angry snarl. Her bouncing stopped, and she seemed offended. "This isn't a library. Libraries are for quiet people. Why don't you go there and leave us alone? We're talking, and I could've fallen and hit my head, and you come blundering over here and start yelling at us without even giving us a reason other than us talking! Silence is for serial killers and sociopaths. Nothing wrong with talking." She quipped. "Plus you didn't even introduce yourself!" She frowned.

Last edited by Katherine Hayle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Dru wondered who this twit thinks she is? Silence is for serial killers and sociopaths? Dru could only image what that meant for a girl who could never shut up. "We would have been better off if you had hit your head, it would have saved the world from your inability to stop talking. You really shouldn't get a cat they tend to enjoy peace, quiet, and just relaxing qualities you seem to lack in every form. If you could shut your retched mouth for more than a second then maybe someone could introduce themselves. A world without silence is a world full of chaos."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonas Winchester Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Jonas was shocked. Why would someone be mean to Kat for no reason? Especially someone who didn't know her? "Um... Can we not fight please?" he asked quietly. Jonas wasn't so great with confrontation. He'd rather shut up and let people yell at him than start a fight. "You want quiet but you came over and yelled at us which makes no sense at all," he added. "You could have politely asked us to be quiet. We aren't unreasonable people, Miss," he finished calmly, hoping that he wasn't just speaking for himself, but for his new friend as well.
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Kat seemed to be affected by the Jonas's soft tone, but her personality meant that she couldn't just keep her mouth shut. She was a voice for her and her little brother at home, so she spoke more often than needed. She nodded in agreement with her new friend. "That's right! And not all kitties are like that! Some like to play games, and play with string and meow! My friend had this cat who meowed even more than I talked! It was so silly! We acted like we understood her and meowed back! And guess what? The cat meowed right back!" She squealed, giggling.but she stopped short and fixed girl with an intense stare. "And don't ever say anything about people not talking." The red-head said shortly. "Some people don't get to speak all their lives because of that." Her little brother was one of these people. "If I was like that I wouldn't care. It's nothing to be ashamed of." Kat took a quick breath and continued to address the other girl. "I'm sorry you couldn't introduce yourself." Whenever her loud mouth got the best of her, she liked to address it. She wasn't above apologizing, especially if she was in the wrong. "Who are you?" She asked.
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Dru was taken aback when the boy spoke, she had almost forgotten he was there. Most of her focus was on the daft girl, but he was right a fight would not bode well for Dru. She knew his comments were not totally unreasonable, but she could not just back down from this completely. Dru could not show weakness but how would she get out of this one? Of course the girl could not leave anything unsaid.

Dru meets the girl's gaze. "The poor cat was probably begging for mercy from your unholy screeching. My name is Dru." Dru focused specifically on the boy, "I apologize for my temper and may I ask who you are?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonas Winchester Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Jonas was still uncomfortable with the situation. Being unkind, even with a reason, wasn't right. And why was this girl -Dru- being nice to him but not to Kat? It didn't make any sense. Were all girls this confusing? This was going to make his head spin. Maybe he should have stayed with Greg or gone with Kayla. "It's okay, I suppose," he said, trying to give the girl the benefit of the doubt. "I'm Jonas," he introduced. "And this is Kat."

Jonas took a half step away from Kat. He was afraid he was going to get hit by accident.
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Kat had seen the scorn in ther other girl's eyes, and it had succeded in shutting her up for a moment, her deep brown eyes thoughtful. She had seen that look from a lot of people, and it was clear that this girl didn't want to talk to her. Normally she recieved this look when she had said somwthing rude, but she wasn't sure what she had said to offend anyone in this situation. However, at Dru's statement tears began to well in her eyes, and she looked between Dru and Jonas. "R-really? You think that's true?" Kat was very prone to believing anything someone said, even if they were false, or intended to be rude. "What if that happens to my other kitty?" She whimpered. "W-what if it doesn't like me either? I really wanted a kitty, b-but now... now I can't!" She cried sadly. A cat had been something she had really been looking forward to, but how could she put an animal in danger like that?!
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Dru wanted to start laughing at this stupid girl, Kat so weak and naive. Kat could not even handle a simple insult Dru wonders how she will react to what she has to say now. "Awe Kat do not cry it is not becoming of you, in fact it makes you look weak and you are a ugly crier."

Dru silently congratulated herself. She then turned her back on the girl and focused on Jonas which was easy because he had moved away from Kat. "It is lovely to meet you Jonas though I am sorry it was in this way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Isobel had been looking at the shelves in Mystic Spirits when she heard some kids yelling excitedly. It hadn't bothered her too much. She passed it off as merely ickle fun. Isobel had remembered those days fondly. It was hard for her to believe that she was thirteen. She didn't feel any different than she did at eleven. Except she knew that she was a witch for sure now.

She had been doing her best to not pay attention, but the tone had suddenly become tense. Someone was yelling at the loud kids. Was that the girl she had met earlier? It couldn't be.

Isobel heard crying and she knew that she was going to say something. She fluffed her hair quickly, then rounded the corner. She put her hands on her hips. "That's enough!" she said with authority. "You can't pick on other kids for no reason! Were they talking to you? No! Were they in your business? No! This is a public area! They can do whatever they want! If you don't like it, you can leave!" she finished, pointing at the door behind the three kids.

"I don't know who you think you are," Isobel said, taking a step closer to Dru, "but the world does not revolve around you. And if you think this is the way you're going to act at Beauxbatons, you've got another thing coming to you. You aren't shit to anyone as a first year and people will laugh in your face. So shut your mouth or I will see to it that it is shut for you."

She turned her attention to the teary-eyed girl. Her face softened, but she still kept her tone serious. "You need to toughen up," she said. "Kids are cruel. You aren't going to last long if you keep that up. If you want a cat, buy a cat. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. And if people try to give you their opinion and you didn't ask for it, you can politely tell them to fuck off."

Isobel remembered a time when she was the girl who cried about everything. Ryan taught her more than he ever knew he could. She took a step back.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Dru took a step forward and got right in Isobel's face, "I understand this might be hard for you to comprehend but you are not the boss of anyone here and none of this is your business. If you were actually paying attention while ease dropping you would've heard my apology. I will not stand here and let you make accusations about me, reality check you have no idea who I am so I suggest you keep bossy ass away from me. I do not take orders so in light of what you just said FUCK OFF! Got it?" Dru shouldered past Isobel then looked over her shoulder to Jonas, "Once again I am sorry we met on these terms." Dru went to a few shelves grabbed the things she needed paid and left completely ignoring any comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

Kat turned to face the new girl, and she wiped her eyes, trying her best to keep from crying anymore. Tears still occasionally rolled down the red-head's cheeks, but they were silent and infrequent. She nodded at the advice to stay strong. "Thank you." She murmured sincerely. "I-I do really want a cat..." She sniffled, watching as Dru left. "But what if she was right? What if the kitty actually hates me?" She looked between Jonas and the new girl. "But I guess it doesn't matter yet. We still have to get everything else on this stupid list first." She said glumly, the tall 11 year-old actually remaining uncharacteristically quiet as she looked at her list.
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Isobel was unfazed as the girl got in her face. Isobel wasn't afraid of a bratty ickle. Or of anyone, really. She'd heard worse. And she'd said worse. But she had never been confrontational with no reason. At least not insulting for just the sake of insulting. That she could remember.

Isobel rolled her eyes. The niceties were over. "If the cat hated you, you'd have no doubts in your mind about it hating you," she answered. "Yes. Make sure you get your school things. And be more careful. You might not have someone to come to your rescue next time."

She turned around and walked out of the shop while wondering what she was becoming.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Hayle Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 am

Kat thanked the girl quickly as she left, turning around to face Jonas, wiping her eyes. She didn't want people to have to protect her, or rescue her. She knew that was what had happened, but it still left an odd feeling in her belly. "Well I guess we have to get all of these nasty supplies." Her demanor was slightly more calm now, dimmed because of what Dru had said, but she was still bored at the thought of getting supplies. "I've never been to a shop like this; have you?" She asked.
Katherine Hayle
Katherine Hayle
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonas Winchester Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 am

Jonas was completely spooked. The two girls had been stopped by an older girl. She had a really shrill sounding voice and was being loud, too. However, this girl was defending them. But why? Why did she care? Did that mean she was a friend? She seemed to be the kind of person who would be hurting people's feelings. But maybe that was just a stereotype of pretty girls.

But just as soon as she had come, she had gone. And Jonas was left alone with Kat once more. He tried his best to control the inevitable shaking in his voice.

"I've been to a shop like this once. It looks like we just need kit and brass scales. And a cauldron and glass or crystal phials," he answered. "Do you see any of that stuff?"
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down