Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Long Time No See Part 2

Go down

Long Time No See Part 2 Empty Long Time No See Part 2

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:14 am

A woman, who Riley assumed was David's mother, opened the door to the home in front of them. She grinned brightly. He was so nervous and he hid behind Tessa, who held out her hand to shake hands with Kellie. He had exchanged so many letters with David that he knew a lot about him and what had happened after they were separated. But he wasn't ready to see him again, he would never be ready to see his childhood friend after all this time. Who could ever be ready in a situation like this? What made things worse was that he had grown to like his friend in a different way than he had wanted. He had developed a crush just by passing letters back and forth. Maybe that's why he was so nervous, he liked him so much and he didn't want David to be disappointed when he saw him after all this time. He was such a dork, he even had glasses. He even pushed them up like the nerd he was. As the two women talked, Riley tried to see past them to look into the house. He got a glimpse of blonde hair sitting on a couch. All he could see that the back of the couch and the head. His stomach did flips and he bit his bottom lip.

"David," Kellie called into the house. Riley watched with curious eyes as the boy got up from the couch and came to the door. He was handsome, his dirty blonde hair looked as if it hadn't been brushed that day but he pulled it off. He had a certain vibe to him that drew Riley in like he was a sweet smelling perfume. David grinned at him and Riley couldn't help but smile back. They were invited inside, good thing too because it was so cold out. Riley pushed his glasses up as he followed his friend to his bedroom. David went on about a book series he was reading and how it was full of zombies and witches. If he only knew that Riley was a wizard and that he was nothing like what was in his book. But he listened with a small smile on his face. It was like they had always known each other and that they hadn't left each others' sides.

David such his door and Riley stared in amazement at the posters that covered his friend's walls. Super heroes, rock stars, and family pictures covered his walls. Riley had yet to put his own style into his own room and he was in awe that David had. "So," David said suddenly, breaking Riley's attention away from a poster of Iron Man. "You grew up," he said softly. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and it looked like his was nervous. It was nice that Riley wasn't the only nervous one. Riley took a seat on the other boy's bed and then David followed his actions. "I thought when we met, I'd have more to say," David continued. "But it's like you never left."

Riley could agree 100% with what his friend was saying. "I haven't changed much," he said softly. "I'll be a teenager soon and I get to go through all of the weird things that come along with that." He chuckled a bit.

"I have a question," David said as soon as Riley was done speaking. Riley raised an eyebrow. "You talk about your friend Bo as if you like him or something. Not in a normal friend way, but in a like like way." He hadn't told David about being a wizard but he had told him about Bo. "Do you like him or something?" Riley couldn't make out the emotions that David was giving him.

"Bo?" he blushed. "I don't like him like that, we're just good friends." He paused to think about things. "I do like guys though," he admitted. It was the first time he had said it and it felt nice to say. But now he was nervous to what David was going to say.

"That's cool," David grinned before getting up from his bed. "I got several new comics, want to read them?" Riley nodded and grinned. He was so glad that David was okay with that and that he hadn't said anything horrible to him. He seemed a bit happier after he had said what he did.

Back to top Go down