Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Literature Adventure

2 posters

Go down

Literature Adventure Empty Literature Adventure

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:25 am

Julie-Pierre found Autumn really great. She seemed like she could already be a great friend. Being the first person he met, he couldn't help but follow her to Jaded Pages. With a new piece of candy plopped in his mouth, the redhead walked into the book store, surprised himself to see the exquisite amount of books.

His parents weren't around to force him to read some childish books. They knew he was a child, however, she felt that he was raised with books to be too much of a child. He wanted to be a big kid! He wanted to read big kid stuff and write big kid stories. He had a huge fascination for "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" but his mother was really skeptical about it. How it seemed that he could watch it if he wanted. Yeah, it was a book for humans, but that shouldn't hinder him from reading something new.

However, again, the boy's attention changed to Autumn again, was she looking at some books, too? He wondered if she wanted to read some of the older kid books like he did. With what she knew about such morbid stuff, he questioned if she already read some big kid stuff.
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Literature Adventure Empty Re: Literature Adventure

Post by Autumn Krischstein Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:49 am

Autumn had already bought her school books. They were neatly tucked away in her trunk, which she had just sent to Beauxbatons. Now she was just browsing and reading for enjoyment.

Autumn preferred non-fiction. Straight facts were exactly her style. She never really connected with the characters of novels. The characters seemed too emotional. She found their traits to be highly exaggerated and predictable. Autumn couldn't stand it.

She had picked up a book about Daisy Pennifold and began to read, but stopped quickly because she felt like she was being watched. She glanced behind her and saw Julie-Pierre. She laughed. Had he been spying on her? "You don't have to watch me be boring. Just come talk to me," Autumn said, as she turned to look at him completely. She giggled, but stopped herself. She just smiled instead.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 am

Julie-Pierre was a little surprised from Autumn's talking. Had she noticed her? Quickly, the boy tried to act natural, suddenly grabbing a book and bringing it to his face, as if reading it. However, the book was upside down, making his little facade futile to begin with. The boy felt odd being caught.

Eventually, the act finished as he looked to the brunette from over the edge of the book. His blue-hazel eyes looked no better than a puppy's when it tried to persuade its master it did nothing wrong.

"Sorry," he said with a sheepish smile. "You're the only person I've met so far, and you're really, really, nice, so I couldn't help but want to try and talk to you again." He was acting oddly more girly than before, but it really was his nature. it didn't seem like there would be much wrong from it.
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 am

Autumn tucked the book she held under her arm and walked over to Julie-Pierre. She took the book out of his hands and turned it the correct direction. She giggled before she spoke again. "You're fine. Thank you for the compliment, but why didn't you just ask to come with me? I would have let you," she asked, then stated, curiously.

"I've met a few people. When we get to school, I can introduce you. Of course, you and I can still spend time together, but it'd be nice for you to have some variety," Autumn suggested. She was perfectly fine with being Julie-Pierre's friend. But if her schedule got too busy, he'd be lonely. And loneliness was a bad feeling.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am

Julie-Pierre's cheeks flushed softly as he saw Autumn find him out. It was a little embarrassing to be caught for any kid, even worse when you were being a borderline stalker to a new friend. It was cute but sad, really, doing such a thing. The brunette's comment, however, made him feel more comfortable again. So, she saw nothing wrong with it? That was good. He felt a sense of relief run over him. He hoped he could meet a few more people,, though. Autumn was really nice, but he didn't want her to be his only friend.

Autumn's sudden mention of introducing the redhead to her friends made him gleam. This was perfect! he would meet new people and be able to make friends with them! Or at least, he hoped that they'd be friends. He knew some people don't like being friends with others, which was a little saddening.

"That sounds great!" he said. "I can't wait to meet them, then!"
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Autumn didn't realize how embarrassed Julie-Pierre was. She had no idea as to why. So he wanted to talk to her. Why would that be a problem? "I'll introduce them when we get a chance," Autumn promised. She glanced at her friend's red face with a smile. "Don't blush, Julie-Pierre. It's not necessary. Just help me look at books," she said. She grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the book shelf she had been standing at. "What should I read? I grabbed this book on the woman who invented a charm for Quaffles that makes them not hit the ground while the game is being played, but I'm not all that interested in it. See anything?" Autumn asked gesturing at the shelf in front of them.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 am

The redhead quickly became surprised when he was pulled to Autumn, trying to help her find a book. All of these books in the section the two now stood before were nothing but spells. As much as the boy loved magic, sometimes magic felt a little of a hassle. The boy sometimes felt like he was being forced by his family to use magic at home, then again he loved using it on his own whim. It was clear there was a bit of a conflict inside Julie-Pierre about this.

"Hmm..." His blue-hazel eyes skimmed over the books on the shelves. The girl didn't want anything childish, clearly. He could understand, really. "Any type of spell you want to learn specifically, or do you not care?"
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:54 pm

"It doesn't have to be a spell, necessarily. It can be a history book. Or a story. I just don't want to have a dumb book that I wont like," she said absently. She scanned the titles. Nothing seemed interesting.

She gave the rest of the shelf a chance, but still found nothing. Autumn turned around to and looked at the shelf behind her. "Look, Julie-Pierre! This shelf has a bunch of children's bedtime story books on it! Have you read any of these?"

Autumn looked carefully at the books. She found a familiar one, pulled it off the shelf, and offered it to Julie-Pierre. "This was my favorite when I was really young. It's a Muggle picture book. 'Goodnight Moon'. It's an American classic. It has been translated into a bunch of different languages. Mine is written in Dutch."
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Despite what Autumn said, the boy continued to try and find a good spell book. Really, he was interested in finding some spells, himself, now that he thought about it. He wanted to be a little ahead in knowing some spells, the mix of a need and desire to do so likely being caused by how he was taught by his parents.

The brunette's exclaim threw Julie-Pierre off guard slightly, a faint jump from the redhead before turning to the girl from the shelf he was near. She was in the children's books section of the area, which was interesting. The girl's mention of a Muggle picture book made him smile.

"I've actually read a few myself," he said. "Though they're a little old, and I'm a little confused on how my parents let me read some of them. Ever heard of the Brothers Grimm?" A sweet smile came to his lips. "They make nice stories, but they're a little... dark." The boy lightly scratched the back of his head. "I don't mind it, much, it's just a little odd how they're so dark while modern books for Muggle children are more... subdued compared to Snow White and such."
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down