Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Penny

Go down

Penny Empty Penny

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Ever since Aurora had started at Beauxbatons, she found herself constantly missing her horse, Penny. Penny had been her best friend in the whole wide world and Rory couldn't imagine life without her. Now, it sounds crazy to be best friends with a horse, but growing up in rural Kentucky on a ranch, it is hard to find friends that will except a stereotypical country girl. She had the boots to prove it.

As school progressed, she made it habit to visit the stables, at least one or twice every few days, just to check on the horses. The mares all reminded her so much of her beloved friend. She wondered how Penny was. Sighing, she walked in to the stall which held Angelnight; A white coated horse with a beautiful blonde mane. She was gorgeous and very tame. Thankfully. "Hey girl..." She smiled and petted her snout. "How's a pretty girl." She fauned over the horse. "Want a carrot?" She giggled and pulled one out. The horse whinnied in response, happily. "Here you go." She smiled. "That's a good girl."

Back to top Go down

Penny Empty Re: Penny

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am

End of the year exams left Beauregard shaking in his pointed shoes. despite his efforts, he still wasn't the best of students and knew if he wanted to get a decent grade on them, he'd have to study. The coffee colored boy spent nearly all of his free time studying as much as his attention span would allow and it wasn't until his cousin interrupted that he considered taking a break.

Malachi told him that the exams were nothing to worry about. They were only to test to see what he knew and he was only going to burn himself out the way he had been studying so. Bo saw sense in that but when Kai also suggested that he do something relaxing, he was at a loss. Skateboarding and quidditch were his hobbies and neither were incredibly meditative. Malachi told him to pet some animals and suggested he go visit the horses. Bo figured it was worth a try.

He entered the stable to find it surprisingly not empty. Another girl was chatting away with one of the horses and further investigation lead him to the conclusion that he knew her. "Hello," Bo greeted. She was in his year and he recalled seeing her while school supply shopping but her name he seemingly had forgotten. "You like horses, do you?" He added, approaching one to touch it's nose only to be alarmed when it huffed loudly. "They're a lot taller than I imagined horses to be," Bo confessed. They made him nervous actually, defeating the whole purpose of going there in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:00 pm

In the time that Aurora had been at the stables, she'd learned a curious thing. Nobody ever visited them, well, besides her. So it startled her when she heard a voice call out a friendly greeting.

She jumped and quickly turned to see whom had come in. It was a thin boy with dark brown hair and soft light brown skin. "Oh!" She smiled, realizing she knew him. "Bo! How are you?" She asked and patted the horses snout. It had been a few weeks since she'd met him last, but she remembered him, from their first meeting.

"Horses?" She inquired and then smile with a small nod. "Oh yes, I love horses." She chuckled a little. "I have my own horse at home. Her name is Penny, and she is my best friend in the whole world. I love her more than anything.." She said, missing her best friend and gave a smaller, sadder, smile.

Looking back up at the boy, she watched as he tried to pet it's snout and giggled when it huffed. "Yes..I suppose they are quite tall, but they are the most understanding animals. Here, let me help you." She said taking a carrot from her satchel and put it gently into Bo's hand. "Now. Hold your hand out flat and let him eat out of your palm." She smiled and showed him and example with AngelNight. "He's a good boy, are you Sparky?" She laughed as 'Sparky' neighed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Horses were so large and powerful. One kick could break his bones. He was too nervous to approach and watched as Aurora did instead. "You mentioned your horse last time we met," Beauregard reminded. It was insignificant detail but Bo had remembered since she was the only person he had met so far that was from America and owned her own horse. It just stuck out to him.

"I prefer smaller animals. Oliver and Marigold keep a ton of pets. Birds and reptiles and they even feed stray cats," Bo explained. He took a step back as Aurora offered to help him. He was nervous about feeding a horse, let alone patting one on it's snout.

He accepted the carrot into his hand and cautiously held it out to the horse. His eye closed in anticipation as he opened his palm. Suddenly he felt the wet tongue of the beast gather the food and jumped. Once he determined that the touch was benign, he eased up. His eyes opened and he smiled. "This is not too bad." The horse's tongue grazed his palm as the carrot was consumed entirely. Bo laughed. "That tickles!" He exclaimed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Aurora smiled at Bo and listened to him about his family. They seemed like really loving people. She was happy that he had such a caring family, but was a little confused as to why he called them by their first names, if her father, ever caught her calling him by his first name, she knew she'd be in some serious trouble.

She smiled as he finally took the carrot and started to let the horse eat from his hand. She laughed and smiled brighter. "That's it, there you go." She nodded and giggled with him. "Yeah, it's because their teeth are soft like hair." She chuckled and watched. "Now try petting his snout."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down